Vitamin World Culture reviews

Relaxed
Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 25, 2019
Easy and great work environment. You get commission for sales you make with vitamins protein etc... always friendly people and management was great! Better hours would be better
Best Job I ever had
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Every day was fun, I enjoyed the culture, the customers, the products, and the mission of the company. Unfortunately they decided to close down the branch in my city.
Nothing to offer except a paycheck
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Culture and co-workers were unpleasant. Management was ineffective and some were cruel/nasty. Strangest work atmosphere I have ever worked in. Harassment was mostly ignored and unchallenged
Pros
Discounts on Product
Cons
Treatment by Management
Vitamin World was great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 1, 2018
This job was good for when I was in college. I don't think it would be good enough to support my family now though. I enjoyed the people I worked for.
The environment was fun and engaging. It helped drive your hunger for product knowledge. But very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2018
My coworkers were amazing as well as the upper management. When it came to the work having amazing people skills is essential and being able to address them correct and formally depending on their age was crucial. Since it is a Health and Wellness store you can receive people from varying ages. Knowledge of the products in your store and competitors store was crucial since sport nutrition is a very competitive area. Foremost the knowledge of your own products was key since you had to be able to tie multiple products together because we did not sell individual items we sold Life styles and Plans for ones well being. In general I Learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge and experience working there.
It’s a pretty lady back job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
Overall I love the job except a few perks. The dm is not all that great with employees. Even though it’s a lady back decent job not worth it I still love the job the because your taught about vitamins
Pros
Nice discounts
Cons
30 minute breaks
A leader in its industry
Vitamin World USA-2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJune 19, 2018
I shopped at Vitamin World for many years leading up to my employment at the company. It fosters a culture of wellbeing and likeminded individuals who all share the same goal in mind. The level of each of the staff members professionalism is unparalelled and I would recommend this company as a place of work to anyone interested in the supplement industry.
Summary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 18, 2018
I loved the job. Great management loved the hours. They really allow you to dig into the products to learn more knowledge. To be able to help the customers out.
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 18, 2018
Located in the mall it was a great place to be. The company itself sold a variety of health supplements at competitive prices. The customers were very loyal because the service and quality of the products itself was great as well.
Vitamin World
Sales (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsApril 7, 2018
Working here was okay. Learned alot about many different vitamins and supplements. The days seemed to go by quicker when there was store buzz, usually on the weekends or when there were good sales happening or during lunch periods. The company is great, competitive with really good compensation. The only thing I did not like was there was no diversity in the employees.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Short lunch
A diverse work place in which product knowledge and customer service is highly valued
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 2, 2018
Competitive, but supportive work environment. VW takes pride in providing world class customer service and provides training for employees. Compensation is fair and there are opportunities for company advancement.
Very nice environment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Treated with respect and professional environment.
Pleasant atmosphere and great family balance. Benefits were excellent. And also only was a 40 hour work week
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Company closing stores
decent job
Hanover Maryland - Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 15, 2018
fun learning
need better work flow
great staff
informative
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 9, 2018
consisted of reading up on all merchandise learning which merchandise is which. i learned about different weight loss, muscle mass, exercise type supplements. relaxing day really there were no hard parts of the job, enjoyable part was the learning
the job location was good
Health and Wellness associate (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 25, 2018
working at Vitamin World was a great experience. it was great to be around fitness/wellness minded individuals. I had a great time leading others in the right direction with their fitness goals.
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2017
This was a very competitive job. Mgt was organized. I learned alot about natural and perscribed supplements I am also certified in natural medicinals and scored very high on test. I wish I could go back in the field.
Pros
Raises often
Cons
Mgt changes often
great place
Sales rep helping customers find vitamins (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIDecember 5, 2017
I actually loved working here. My boss was very mean and to the point where it was more worth it to quit my job because I would only like to work for nice people.
It’s was hard working and competitive and heads on job it’s was perfect
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 25, 2017
For this position as 2nd asst . Manager you got to have a strong mind and be able to handle what comes to you it’s very competitive. There was day I would come in and it would be at its busiest but that’s when the challenge comes in and you got to make sure your giving the customers great service and also managing the employees .
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Breaks
Fast paced but a great environmet
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
This was a very fast paced work environment that required a lot of product knowledge but the pay is well worth it if you do your job and work hard. It is competitive and employees have to work for their sales but the environment is great and management is typically well trained.
Pros
Pay and work environment
Cons
Can be stressful
No comment
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAOctober 30, 2017
Its fine. the customers are great but the company is not. the sales are all over the place and their prices are barley competitive. there is no higher management support. the work is easy but stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.