Vitamin World Management reviews

Unprofessional, gross management. I was let go
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAApril 29, 2019
I was retaliated against because I was a whistle blower. Let go w no notice, was lied to and I was ignored by coworkers for days when I just needed my schedule. Wasn’t paid full amount for days I was called in on my days off. Wasn’t given breaks on 8 hour shifts. My manager also drank my water that he clearly didn’t buy and threw away my very expensive deodorant. Their evil.
Pros
The learning & pay
Cons
Manager, 1st assistant manager, district management, no breaks.
Run
sales/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORApril 1, 2019
Bad management, management is not honest, not a place for any kind of job security.
They tell customer lies about the product, management not educated about products. They tell customer what they want to hear.
Wow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2019
I would love the management spot anywhere if I could just like vitamin world gave the opportunity to myself but I would love to expand into a different field
Relaxed
Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 25, 2019
Easy and great work environment. You get commission for sales you make with vitamins protein etc... always friendly people and management was great! Better hours would be better
Nothing to offer except a paycheck
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Culture and co-workers were unpleasant. Management was ineffective and some were cruel/nasty. Strangest work atmosphere I have ever worked in. Harassment was mostly ignored and unchallenged
Pros
Discounts on Product
Cons
Treatment by Management
poor management
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 12, 2018
this place has gone downhill over the years the management does not know what they are doing says one thing and does another if you go to work there get every thing in writing
Pros
discounts
Cons
manager says one thing but does another
Productive, educational
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 7, 2018
Great education on product, lack in DM management, business went under. Store Manager was great for the first one, then lack in ability to keep managers
Pros
Full 40 hours, discount on product
Cons
short to no breaks depending on staff
The environment was fun and engaging. It helped drive your hunger for product knowledge. But very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2018
My coworkers were amazing as well as the upper management. When it came to the work having amazing people skills is essential and being able to address them correct and formally depending on their age was crucial. Since it is a Health and Wellness store you can receive people from varying ages. Knowledge of the products in your store and competitors store was crucial since sport nutrition is a very competitive area. Foremost the knowledge of your own products was key since you had to be able to tie multiple products together because we did not sell individual items we sold Life styles and Plans for ones well being. In general I Learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge and experience working there.
Low pay for a lot of work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Pay is no where near where it needs to be. The company is struggling financially but still pays for a district and regional manger that is no longer needed. They should get rid of the over abundance of corporate staff and invest in the talent in the few stores they have left. No focus on customers at all, constantly found myself and customers having the same complaints about the company. So if the customers aren't happy and the staff in the stores aren't happy your business will fail.
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
too many too list here
Not Worth the Headache
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 19, 2018
If you enjoy a fast paced work day do not apply here. Besides that the upper management sucks and doesn't care about you. The store I work in is falling apart and has problems daily and you can call your DM or Corporate all you want but it will just fall on deaf ears. I've had the same issue in my store happening for over a year now and still nothing is being done about it.

The pay for the store manager position is absolute garbage, and don't get your hopes up on ever seeing your yearly raise.

You get zero sick days and what vacation days you do get are a hassle to try and take. You also have black out dates where you aren't allowed to take vacation from October - December. They expect you to take your vacation days or you lose them but than give you hassle when you try to take them.

The business itself is so outdated and ancient, and they care way to much about the things.
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVSeptember 3, 2018
Daily Management Operations of cash and deposit, product ordering. Adhere to company policies and have all associates knowledge of all products. Stocking and cleaning.

At that time of employment we had a lot of commissions for what we sold. Now it has been taken away
Pros
Not as many as it was before
Cons
Commissions taken away
Worked there for 2 years (assistant manager )
Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 8, 2018
Working there was helpful with customer interaction and sales . The management was very picky and favouritism is very big there .The pay isn't great but discount was great .Management could've done better job coaching instead of try to push managers harder. Overall i met a lot of good people working there .
Overall average but could be better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 29, 2018
Vitamin World filed bankruptcy last year so they are going through a restructure and it funnels down to management at retail stores. We are out of product a significant amount of time and that can be frustrating as you build customers based on their profile and products they purchase and then don't carry their products for months. You lose customers.
A good place to learn and earn.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 18, 2018
Mostly just keeping up inventory with cleaning and straightening the store in between customers. Everyone learned what we were selling, and how to pitch it to customers. Management from above was a bit last minute, otherwise, it went well. The hardest part of the job was explaining to customers why a product wasn't available here and still retaining them as a customer. The most enjoyable part was learning the product and helping people find what best assisted their lifestyle.
Pros
Flexibility in shift
Cons
Pay is below average except at high end neighborhood shops.
Summary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 18, 2018
I loved the job. Great management loved the hours. They really allow you to dig into the products to learn more knowledge. To be able to help the customers out.
Fun and productive
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 13, 2018
NBTY was recently ordered by the court as a result of a whistleblower investigation to compensate its employees for meal/break violations; that is to say, district and regional management routinely forced staff to override time to eliminate overtime and did not allow timely breaks ( to appear more profitable.) No problem for NBTY, as they simply reduced commission a full 1% to pay for all those court-ordered checks NBTY forced to pay out for violations. (My check was over $1200 and I only worked there 2 years at time of payout...that's how gross court found violations to be.) Low wages-made about 35K/year as store manager; compare to Hollister at 70K/year. Great benefits. High pressure sales job for comparatively little pay.
every location is different
Store Manager/ Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJune 1, 2018
my time spent at vitamin world was very interesting. the location i worked in was always changing and very unreliable. as a 2nd assistant manger( keyholder), the manager who hired me was very unprofessional. soon after i was hired she was relocated and the 2nd manager who was in charge of the store was very experienced but the store was always under staffed. when i took over managing the store the store location was still very understaffed due to mainly location and reputation. while managing this location the corporate aspect of the business was very unreliable and did not treat the store staff as equal as the headquarters staff.
Pros
very easy place to work if you are a good study
Cons
corporate is not equal.
Poorly managed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 23, 2018
Too many sales coupons and price changes, managers were quitting right and left. Bad training for new managers.

Stores were outdated and had customers confused with member and regular pricing..

Upper management was not supportive and store were understaffed most of the time
Pros
discount on products
Cons
poor hiring process, low foot traffic
mall operation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2018
had wonderfull management this was back in the day when first Mondays and Tuesdays had 30 % off, theyre platform has since changed. Yet we were producing lots of sales
Pros
nearby
Cons
not enough hours
bad management, too many sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 4, 2018
Vitamin world was poorly managed, went thru 3 district managers when I was there for about a year,

Did not keep up with current trends, too many sales and constant price changes outdated computer systems and no upper management support! products did not move had to compete with
more updated stores like GNC

Stores are all closed now went out of business about a month ago
had liquidation sales
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management outdated machines and merchandise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.