Vitamin World Employee Review

View all Vitamin World reviews

Fun and productive
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 13, 2018
NBTY was recently ordered by the court as a result of a whistleblower investigation to compensate its employees for meal/break violations; that is to say, district and regional management routinely forced staff to override time to eliminate overtime and did not allow timely breaks ( to appear more profitable.) No problem for NBTY, as they simply reduced commission a full 1% to pay for all those court-ordered checks NBTY forced to pay out for violations. (My check was over $1200 and I only worked there 2 years at time of payout...that's how gross court found violations to be.) Low wages-made about 35K/year as store manager; compare to Hollister at 70K/year. Great benefits. High pressure sales job for comparatively little pay.

Other Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, gross management. I was let go
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAApril 29, 2019
I was retaliated against because I was a whistle blower. Let go w no notice, was lied to and I was ignored by coworkers for days when I just needed my schedule. Wasn’t paid full amount for days I was called in on my days off. Wasn’t given breaks on 8 hour shifts. My manager also drank my water that he clearly didn’t buy and threw away my very expensive deodorant. Their evil.
Pros
The learning & pay
Cons
Manager, 1st assistant manager, district management, no breaks.
Run
sales/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORApril 1, 2019
Bad management, management is not honest, not a place for any kind of job security.
They tell customer lies about the product, management not educated about products. They tell customer what they want to hear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.