Vitamin World Employee Reviews

non productive....
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 29, 2018
The days where what you made out of them.I was stressful at times do to the lack of education with product knowledge of associates. The constant shift of management made it complicated to offer better assistance to customers as well as associate.
OKay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 25, 2018
My experience at Vitamin World was okay. I learned a decent amount about supplements and nutrition. Though, I did enjoy the generous discount I was not paid very well.
Vitamin World
2nd assistant manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 25, 2018
This job is great if you are a studying in the Health field. The store just recently got a new manager. Instantly, she is making the store better with her ideas on how to present the products. Honestly, I would not leave here at all. I love working here.
Pros
Small team, discounts, increased knowledge in supplements
Cons
hours
the job location was good
Health and Wellness associate (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 25, 2018
working at Vitamin World was a great experience. it was great to be around fitness/wellness minded individuals. I had a great time leading others in the right direction with their fitness goals.
Very relaxed work environment where teamwork was crucial
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day at Vitamin World consisted of organizing product, as well as making sales goals and having exceptional customer service. I learned how to sale product as well as cash handle. The management while I was there was greatly organized. The hardest part of the job was being informed on all of the supplements. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers better their health.
inconsistant
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJanuary 20, 2018
customer service
Crisis management,
multi task oriented,
work under pressure
versatile in a changing environment.
Proactive out of box advertising.
Full store operations: Open/close procedures, banking, merchandising, scheduling, recruiting, inventory, shipping and receiving.
The world of retail not at its best
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2018
Retail.... Do I really need to give a review? SPLH, ADS quotas.... Never enough. I pride myself on my work ethic, unfortunately even that was not enough...
Good company
District Manager, Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Good company to work for. Company did fall on rough times and downsized. Do to the downsize several positions were eliminated. Other than this, the company was great company
I enjoyed my time there
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working there because I was given the opportunity to also learn about vitamins and supplements. It also helped to have the discounts in store and also the weekly pay.
I would not recommend working for Vitamin World.
Visual Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Office atmosphere is not very good. The pay scale is unfair based on what each associate does on a daily basis. Management shows favoritism to certain associates.
Probably the worst place to ever work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT 06810December 31, 2017
I worked here for one year and I had no chance to advance to full-time, being told by my manager I couldn't but following managers and higher ups saying I can but that never came to light. No sitting, no lunch break and no other employees working at the same time as you. Constant lying when it was around time to close and even before it closed and before they announced it, they hired people and said they wouldn't be closing yet a month later, announced we were closing.
fast paced
Hand picker for online orders (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYDecember 29, 2017
I was working there my senior year of high school as temporary. My job was to hand pick online orders from 2:30pm -11:45pm after high school i switched over to overnight11:45pm - 7:00 am
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2017
This was a very competitive job. Mgt was organized. I learned alot about natural and perscribed supplements I am also certified in natural medicinals and scored very high on test. I wish I could go back in the field.
Pros
Raises often
Cons
Mgt changes often
Great Start out!
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 9, 2017
Vitamin World was a great place for me to start out at because I had no real sales or work experience but my store manager took me under his wing and trained me properly for me to succeed and meet company goals.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 6, 2017
Easy going job.It gave me a great introduction to customer service and taught me about the workings of a successful small business.i would recommend who has experience with sales and likes to have friendly conversations with customer should work here.
Good Pay and Benefits, but Poor Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHDecember 5, 2017
During my tenure at Vitamin World, I saw many positives, as well as negatives. As with any retail job, the hours are inconsistent, and sometimes lead to a lack of work/life balance. However, my biggest complaint was the disconnect between upper management and store level management. Even as store managers, our District Manager did not allow us to do our own hiring, nor did she act as if our input had any value. The upper management here micromanages to almost a ridiculous extent, and they do not have any professional candor.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor treatment from upper management
great place
Sales rep helping customers find vitamins (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIDecember 5, 2017
I actually loved working here. My boss was very mean and to the point where it was more worth it to quit my job because I would only like to work for nice people.
low pay
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  mes azDecember 4, 2017
The pay was minimum wage very boring and quiet. No raises, lack praise for going above and beyond in the work place. all weekend required no set schedule
Business closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 30, 2017
Business filed bankruptcy and closed all store or I would still be employed with them. Started out as a retailer then Asst Manager to Manager in a 3 year interval.
Sadly retail is not the same
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 27, 2017
The company is A vitamin supplement company that has unfortunately fallen on hard times as other brick and mortar stores have.
I enjoyed my job. It was a way to impact customers in a positive manner.
Pros
Employee discounts and benefits
Cons
Company clsoing stores and has filed banruptcy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.