VITAS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Hostile environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL 32114October 23, 2018
Too many patients, no help from management other than to be told to "do your job". Pay is very low, expectation is very high to meet quotas.
bad place to work, only concerned about making money.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else
Pretty Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJOctober 22, 2018
VITAS Healthcare is a hospice care located in Livingston, NJ. therefore, not only did I learn about the professional working environment, but also given the fact that it is a hospice care, I got to understand the dilemmas that patients, patient's families, and caregivers undergo when providing treatment and care to the terminally ill.
Very Caring
Student (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 21, 2018
This facility and all of its employees have hearts of gold. They truly love what they do and that is evident in the wonderful care that all of them provide.
Chha
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2018
CHHA) who provide hands-on care to a terminally ill patient. To help ease the burden on the family caregiver, the hospice aide helps with provide personal care to the patient, including bathing, changing the patient’s clothes, making the bed, mouth care, etc. Hospice aides are also the “eyes and ears” for the rest of the hospice team.

Support from a team that focuses on patient-centered care.
The ability to make your own schedule, to see your patients when they need to be seen.
A company that stands by its values and supports your professional goals.not really. its alot of back stabbing with women, smh

Tuition reimbursement
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Pre-paid legal services
Affinity program (employee discounts)
Roadside assistance

Good documentation skills required.
Ability to travel per job requirement( YES) all over
you will need another vehicle in 2 years later
Pros
CC team is great to work with
Cons
No breaks, Travel all over health benefits sucks, Management is poorly ran. no rasie in 3 yrs!
Have a car with low miles
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, CTOctober 19, 2018
Traveling an hour to go visit someone for 45 minutes and then traveling another hour back is just about the most ridiculous thing. I have never understood how they afford to keep in business when a huge chunk is spent paying for the staff for traveling/mileage. Sometimes it feels like they don’t care about the patients they just care about how many people you see per day. It’s really hard to rush an elderly person or somebody who is physically unable to move at a fast pace so that you can see your 5-6 patient quota.
Pros
The patients appreciation
Cons
The traveling
Hostile Work Environment
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2018
You are alway on your toes even when doing your job. It seems as though that even at your best, you are being micromanaged. Management is ego driver and will through their title in front of you as a threat to get you to do what is needed even if it is unethical. What we are able to do for patients and families is great, but behind the veil is unsteady management led by emotion and everyone feels it. It would be wise to check what the turn over rates have been and under which management.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Culture and environment
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  1040 Broad Street, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702October 18, 2018
Typical day; Answer and screen phone calls, faxing, mailings, attendance, on call calendars for the nurses, order office and kitchen supplies, update phone list, process new hires, order voice mail, extensions, badges, etc.

The culture of our organization is compassion, care and giving!

The most Enjoyable; telephones are very important and can be very rewarding, to help the families with just a few kind word. How appreciate the families are with just a few words. It makes me feel good that I made someone's day.

The hardest part of my job are the hours now! I work from 8A-5P and its a long day. Well it's not so hard, but I'm ready to downsize to half. I want to continue working but I want to enjoy my grandchildren and my life. I want to work but not full time.

What I learned is how Blessed and fortunate I am. I have my health, my family. Life is Good!!!
busy and overwhelmed
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 16, 2018
Micro Management - Poor management decisions that cause chaos for the employees. Management not very helpful when staff is very busy and overwhelmed. Staff scolded for little things such as going over by a minute on breaks. Certain managers are better than others.
No true leadership. I didn't like working there. there was a toxic environment.
I would not recommend any to work there.

They did not take care of there employees
Pros
Schedules
Cons
Short Breaks, Fast Pace
High turn over in management positions
Hospice Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2018
Micro Management - Poor management decisions that cause chaos for the employees. Medical benefits are not great. Training and ongoing training is great!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Program Scheduler (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is beginning a conversation with a stressed patient or family member and leaving them with a better understanding of the care VITAS Healthcare can provide.
No work
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
Chicago land center has no work for us, and we are dying out there, can't pay our Bill's, and if we don't make a certain amount of money for the year, they drop us for the Insurance plan....Vitas us to be a wonderful place to work for, be these new owners don't care about us at all, and even though we don't have patients, they still won't let us draw unemployment.....We're dying in CLC Vitas.
Pros
When you can't pay your bill, none.
Cons
We only have 2 nurses, and 1 aide....Everyone else quit, and I should too.
Stressful
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 11, 2018
all the documentation is on paper, day by day paper work has been increared.
Case Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 7, 2018
It has some flexibility of time but too much commute.All the documentation is on paper, no computer.Sometimes too much workload, day by day more and more documentation.
Company did not respect employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 2, 2018
A lot of driving on work days. Hard to take care of your self when working (trying to eat lunch, etc,). Communication was not good. Our down time was not respected.
great place to work
Mason Avenue (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Caring for patients with incurable diseases feeding, dressing companion, baths, nail care, and grooming. such a pleasure to meet most of the people that I cared for it was sad to see them go.
Pros
employee appreciaton
Cons
not good raises
Poor benefits, management, pay
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
VITAS hires its clinical staff to manage the operation. Unfortunately, most of these managers have no business skills. Also the pay and benefits are so bad that 93% of the staff that was at the program I work at 3 years ago are gone.
Pros
Work Life balance for the most part
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
fun work place nice office environment
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 19, 2018
this is a great company to work for with a great purpose. unfortunately there is limited ability to move up in the company unless you are clinical. My boss is great and very easy to work with
Pros
great boss
Cons
not always able to take breaks
not available
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
It is a good company, but for personal reasons I need to find a work for home due family maters.l love my profession, the best reward is a patient peaceful and a family that can feels to be supported
Poor management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2018
POOR MANAGEMENT AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.

ajdbabdhadghabdhadghjadghadhagdhadhadhavgsdhavshdgvahdvhadvhasvdhasvdghvadhgvaghhdhadghagdhadgabdghaghd
Corporate should be shameful of themselves!!!
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 17, 2018
The employees are the best in that company. Maybe when your fighting against the same enemy you're kind of forced to be allies. When i say enemy i mean pay!!! The expectation for an employee in that company is very high and the pay is very little. As a driver, you are actually the face of the company. You are the wisdom, the muscles, the backbone, but yet you are paid $13.50 an hour to start and no telling if you would get a raise. You are repairing, delivering, setting up, training, picking up, and in some cases you are actually helping nurses and families with medical assistance. You are lifting beds upstairs, long struggles from the parking lot to the front door, setting up oxygen, dealing with customers with no intent to have respect for you, it was a mess. Management was cool to me i might add, I had no problems with them, it was corporate that made certain decisions that kept employees in the poor house. A lot of families were breaking up on the cause of no money was coming into the house. I had employees coming up to me asking for loans to pay their bills, I was sad about it because I couldn't help them. They were hiring outside management that didn't have a clue and were paying them a good lil pay check, but yet there were employees there well suited for the position and management looked over them. Was not cool!!!
Pros
No micro manage as a driver.
Cons
Pay, installations, customers, Corporate!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITAS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight