VITAS Healthcare

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

Found 329 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,303 reviews
hospicepatientnursebenefitcareamazeemployeereward

Good working environment. Team work . Really enjoy working with VITAS HEALTH CARE Team . Too much work load. Friendly working atmosphere and good culture.

Nice place to work for and room for advancement

The people were nice to work with and I enjoyed my job. I had a variety of things to do and tried to help others when I could. The added paid PTO was nice. There were several job advancements available as well.

Pros

I received PTO even though I was part-time. There is always a chance for advancement.

Cons

Only have 3 holidays off unless you request it off.

VITAS Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

My main appreciation is the benefits and coworkers. It has been a very difficult year for all families , patients and staff during this pandemic. My main complaint is re: longativity with employment seems unfair for many nurses with much less experience in nursing and hospice are getting paid more than those RNs that have been with Vitas for 10 and more years. Just seems off, ya know. I remember a day when number of years of nursing mattered and pay made sense, and cents, lollol

Pros

Benefits and time off.

Cons

Poor compensation for longativity and experience.

The good and the bad

Pros- VITAS has a clear mission and clear values that make any clinical or non clinical person feel a sense of purpose in their day to day tasks. The company always tries to promote from within, so there is much oportunity for growth and education. Cons- Work/Life balance, culture/environment, benefits could all use some work.

Good: alot of overtime

enefits for new incoming employees are bunched under PTOs and you have to accumulate it before you can even use it. We don’t get holiday pay unless we’ve accumulated it under PTO. Another thing, for PAR, even though you may have the experience and education, if the position they’ve hired you in is a lesser title, they won’t even give you a higher pay. So someone with less experience and education can be making more just because the position that was open was a PAR level 2. To get a raise is a joke, they base it off things that are out of your control; for instance the amount of copays you collect, check in, check outs, past balance from patients you get and then they give you a report card.This job is stressful for no reason, patients are supposed to be financially cleared before each visit, the insurance team is supposed to check and make sure they are; but tell me how we spend so much time emailing the insurance team back and forth because they allow patients who aren’t cleared for their visits to come for their appointment knowing good and well they’re not cleared. A lot of time those patients weren’t even made aware which leads to them being upset and taking that out on us.This company is an organized chaos.

Pros

alot of overtime to make extra moent

Cons

micro managed and dishonestly

Leading Hospice Provider

Great place to work good life work balance, great management team, benefits could be better. Competitive compensation, great culture. Loved the Mission statement and values.

Continous care problems

Hired as cc lpn, it started great then lately with new management barely getting full time hours.not sure how this company gets away with it. Even had to use my pto hours so i could get to 40hrs a week. Always adding more work, farther drives but no compensations. Been with the company for 12yrs yet newly hired lpns gets paid more. Asked for a salary adjustment and i was told salary is based on skills which is laughable. Maybe good for the newly hired lpns. Cc hours maybe good for a side job but not as full time coz u never know if ur really working or not. Few great people at work but higher management cant be trusted. Favoritism also is very obvious in cc on who gets to work or not. No improvements in cc and no plans it looks like. Cc manager really had nothing to say recently. Definitely wouldnt recommend lpns doing cc as their primary income. Hopefully theyl make some changes.

Pros

Able to meet new people

Cons

Unable to provide 91hrs for cc lpns, Low salary for older/loyal staffs, Minimum to no compensation, Using PTO hours just to get paid coz they cant provide work

Enjoyed all my coworkers, stressfully, very little raises

I enjoyed working there solely because of my coworkers. They made the stressful busy days more enjoyable. Big workload for not enough pay, better pay and raises would lessen the turn around of PCS’s. You do get a lot of PTO, and very flexible in regards to taking time off and lenient if having to call out.

More cons than pro

They need to pay more for the workload.Vitas admits patients like crazy knowing there's no staff. Staff wouldn't quit if they had a decent pay even having lots of patients. Visiting patients at their houses means putting lots of miles on your car and AGAIN, the pay is not worth it. They pay you miles but gasoline prices went up many times and I was getting the same money for mileage for more than 4 years ago like gasoline price never went up.Continous care nurses always quit because they can't stand in a house taking care of a patient for too many hours. Instead of making 11 hrs shift for day nurses and 13 hours shifts for night nurses, they can simply divide by 3 shifts of 8hrs. These nurses won't be sick and tired of these long never ending shifts. Believe me you will never be short of staff like usually is.

Look Elsewhere

Poor leadership at multiple levels of the company. Pay is mediocre. Benefits are expensive and offer less than average benefit. “Paid” holidays are a joke. Only 3 per year offered and PTO must be used to get paid for them. Staff are overworked. Management is an inept clique in various levels of the organization. Do yourself a favor and keep looking.

Pros

Cons

All the above.

Work life balance

Good work life balance , great team, hard work , easy to apply. Ok management , fair pay . Good hours .. many locations . Good experience . Love the patients

Productive place

I learned alot working. Environment friendly. Team work and great experience. Everyday challenges and managers are will to support and assist. Would work here again

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Paid is not great

RN Case Manager

As an RN Case Manager, there is alot of interaction with patients and families which is the best part of the job. The driving is challenging because the management does not schedule your appointments in one geographical area. This limits your time with patients because you are paid for an 8 hour day and if over that time, it affects the work life balance. Management does not understand the daily routines and challenges of the staff and when asked to do a day in the field they say that they have too much to do today. There is not advancement available in this organization, they do not want to backfill a vacant position so you are stagnant.

Benefits

General Assessment

Overall Vitas is a good place to work! The company as a whole, gives you the opportunity to hone in on your craft across all functions. This is a definite plus if when you're starting out. I tend to evaluate things like Total Compensation, Advancement Opportunities and Overall support to assign value to a role/environment. There's an opportunity with adjusting compensation (particularly as a result of Covid). They do well with advancing clinical staff but are still ambiguous in other areas. Support at the local level is present and evolving but intercompany presents challenges. Overall it's a solid company to work for!

Pros

Affordable benefits, Flexible schedule, Local Leadership

Cons

Intercompany communication, Unbalanced PTO plan, Antiquated processes

Worst hospice company

Vitas is a HORRIBLE company to work. The nurses were resigning left and right. The Upper Management offers no support to the nurses. They only care about you completing the endless amount of paperwork!! Yes, everything is on paper. They offer nothing for mileage, no raises, no incentives. The folks in the office are rude. I would never this place to anyone for employment.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Too many too mention

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work. Management and supervisor was kind, decent benefits and reasonable compensation. Entry level opportunities. I enjoyed my time working here.

Vitas is the WORST company you could possibly work for in Jacksonville, FL! DON’T WALK- RUN!!!

If you want to work where your overworked, unappreciated, underpaid, and are literally treated like a dog- work here! The new clinical general management is cold, ruthless, manipulative, condescending, and would just as soon spit on the ground and drown their own mother in it than hear what anyone has to say or actually listen. Everyone is quitting, ironically getting fired, or looking for another job. Turnover is EXTREMELY HIGH so your constantly struggling with NO help and pseudo support. You will barely get an annual raise if any. You will never advance if you aren’t a lap dog or a yes girl or boy. And you’ll get the worst insurance/benefits of your life. This company also doesn’t care about providing good patient care- all they care about are admissions so they look good. This isn’t hospice. They don’t have enough staff to care for the patients they have and don’t care whether patients are seen or not. If you are truly passionate about hospice- this place is not for you. DON’T WALK- RUN!!

Concentration on revenue

Vitas is lacking on their mission to serve. Not focusing on what's before patient care. Which is a disgrace to the patients and family's. Managers are manipulative and disrespectful. They put multiple jobs into one position and keep adding responsibilities on you. They don't offer compensation for your hard work. I would not recommend working at the Northern Virginia Office.

Pros

Work at your own pace

Cons

Leadership, Heathcare, retention

Great locally but Senior Management doesn't support

Working at Vitas is great here where I'm at, however our Regional and corporate do not care much for staff. They want to pay 2 percent and have loyal tenured employees fall behind in salary. They use Management to break bad news to employees and have cut all team building and trips while our COO boasts about flying around in a private jet.That said local management is supportive and do hat they can to push for staff. Long tenured staff help push a family feel.

Not enough nurses

I loved my time at Vitas but I got a new manager and we didn't get along. I was there ten yrs and was terminated by the manager that I didn't get along with.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Not enough nurses

Wages

Great with filling my requested hours. Worked at a few different hospitals. The wage compensation was really good at the time I worked for them. Good company all together

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITAS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight