VITAS Healthcare
Coronavirus update
Information from VITAS Healthcare:

VITAS Healthcare Pay & Benefits reviews

United States1,009 reviews
Low pay and bad benefits
They don't pay as you work and benefits are horrible compare to other kind of same companies . They always make false promises and do not listen you..
Chaotic department with poor managers
Poor workplace culture and the chaos inside the office often spills out into the staff in the fields. I never felt I was anything but a number to any but my most immediate supervisor. If you want good health benefits, job flexibility or have any childcare or health issues this is NOT the place to work. Emphasis is more on selling the services rather than patient comfort and safety.
Worst place to work
Worked in corporate office as a Collector, place is a haven for nepotism management is a joke, they are not trustworthy and discriminative. They hate it if you know more than they may know. I would not recommend this place to anyone!! Raises are far and in between I worked there for almost three years never had a review they will lie to get rid of you... they plot and gather information to giet you firedget you
Very good place to work for
I would tell people it's a good job good benefits a lot to offer and different positions we have a good team and the facilities we go to are good
Stay away unless you really need a job
not recommended
Poor health benefits
good dental and vision insurance
You have to be willing to take a lot of BS

Upper management totally disconnected from lower level employees
chaotic work culture and high turn over clinical staff
See above.
Do not recommend working at this company.

High turn over.

Chronic staff deficits.

Noncompliance is common.

Paper documentation a

for routine nurse visit is 7 pages of hand written documentation.

Case Managers are required to do Initial Comprehensive Assessments for new admissions without regard to maintain visit frequencies of existing patients.

Chronic chaotic work culture for clinical staff.

Unreasonable case loads.

Company does not utilize registry staff to compensate for staff deficits.

Poor medical plan.

Poor 401K company match.
No paid holidays.
The work we do at Vitas is reason enough to call this a great place to work. However, Vitas does offer competitive salaries and a nice suite of benefits including medical, dental, retirement etc.
Good work environment
Job security and advancement was one of the main reason for leaving my employment at Vitas.

If the opportunity presented itself with proper salary and advancement, I would return to work there.
Collaborative
Great place to work. Collaborative team. Great management. Benefits were great. Really enjoyed working there. I would recommend this place for any Licensed Clinical Social Worker. It's a great work environment with very helpful, friendly people.
Micromanagement
I was not properly trained and worked long hours! Lots of paperwork- no time for lunch or bathroom breaks. Management doesn’t care. If your applying I’d apply somewhere where you are appreciated.. this is not the place!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Manager
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VITAS Healthcare?
Great management
A typical day at work consisted of seeing patients on call after hours.
I learned how to maximize my time.

The management was multicultural.

The workplace culture was diverse.

The hardest part of the job was the on call hours

The most enjoyable part of the job was educating and supporting the family.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
benefits.
I’m a per diem employee
Don’t know too much about benefits as I do not take any . I know there is no raises for those who work per diem I am not in favor of that . She give raises across the board
Pros
Assignments are varied some good, some bad and
Cons
Work as assigned
Rn home care
Great concept that patients and families come first, unfortunately money comes first. The health benefits are horrible and time off is difficult to get. Managment is not educated and micro management is a daily occurrence. Marketing may get patients but the management decisions cause patients to seek other care.
Need to change if wanting to retain employees.
Management is horrible
Vitas FW admin all need to be replaced. GM is a creep and is only concerned about his yrly bonus more than keeping his employees happy. HR is incompetent. PCAs are rude and belittling. Pay rates/raises are insignificant. Morale is low. There are no potlucks, luncheons, employee appreciation. No praises ever but quick to throw people under the bus. Turnover is ridiculous. Too much favoritism. Lots of gossip within management. Very unhappy employees in all departments. Corporate needs to clean house!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Pay, morale, unappreciative managers, belittling
Amazing patient care
VITAS offers top notch patient care but fails to take care of its employees.

Double charting.

Over worked.

Underpaid.

Salary, with long hours and tons of driving
Telecare triage RN
TELECARE AND ADMISSIONS ALWAYS LEFT OUT FROM THE TEAM, cannot join any annual gatherings like Christmas party or Annual balls.

Pros: Overtime, always short on weekends, relaxed during weekdays. All Westcoast telecare staff are friendly and supportive. Supervisors are very helpful and professional. generous PTO.

Cons: 2% annual increase.
No career growth, do not pay for CEUs, no alternate weekends off,
Great Place to work
Great company great benefits, I enjoyed the culture and climate at this particular location. If your thinking to work here it is a really good position.
Very productive place to work
Vitas is a productive and fast pace place to work. It can be stressful at times. Management is great. pay/ benefits are not too bad. Workload depends on the position you are in . Theres' some bad days but overall a great experience.
Friendly environment
Very good company, friendly people, they take care of their employees.
They have heavy workload but relaxing.

They don’t have vacation @ 4th or Labor Day, only Christmas & thanksgiving.
Nice co-worker, very bad compensation
Vitas used to be better due to low stress environment. Lately Management had decided to demand more of employees time and efforts. They don't really care, compensate or reward good employees.
Pros
Co-workers, very professional and compassionate employees
Cons
On call duty makes you go to dangerous places to call deaths at nights and weekends. Low salaries, no holidays, expensive insurance with too high deductible
Just dont
Poor pay. Even worse benefits. Costs more than $300 per paycheck for just medical.for 1 adult and 1 child. 1% annual increase. Paid for 40hrs work 50-60 everything done on paper. Nurse quit within 2 months of starting.
Management is very bad Hostile work environment, harassing nurses with inexperienced management and no one listens. Only cares about how many visits a day so numbers look good. Poor patient care
Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITAS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at VITAS Healthcare.