VITRO Employee Reviews

Great Co Workers
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestline, OHMay 13, 2019
Not a bad company to work for. There is potential to grow within the company. The people that I work with are great and understanding if you need to take a day off or need to take a half day for personal reasons.
Hot End Operator (Current Employee) –  Tipton, PAApril 27, 2019
Management is killing this place, poorly ran leading to great employees to leave left and right. 12 he shifts lead by people who never could hold a job down on the floor. Favoritism runs the place
This agency is run on fear.
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2019
This once great agency has taken a turn for the worst over the last 10 years. What once thrived now seethes with desperation, poor management and fear.
Pros
You live in San Diego
Cons
You work at V
Awesome Creative Shop with Rough Work Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2019
Loved working with the creative team, but overall culture was toxic. Especially at the managerial level. Great place to work if you don't mind working in a hostile environment.
Pros
Lot's of exciting projects
Cons
Bad work life balance
Awful place to work
Packer/ inspecter (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCFebruary 25, 2019
I was there for 3 of the 5 years the building had been open and I ended up pregnant and out on FMLA they terminated me for job abandonment, they didn’t care that it cost me my house and the fact I had no job for after I had my child.
ok place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Evart, MIFebruary 8, 2019
ok place to work. One of the better factories to work at in the area and one of the better paying ones too. They have a rotating two week schedule or a monday through friday schedule.
Stop, Find some place else to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 15, 2019
This the worst place I ever worked and that spanning 40 year career in production management. The turnover for supervisors was way over the normal %. This caused the supervisor that were there to work 7 days a week for 3-4 months straight have a weekend off then pull another 3-4 months. The amount of incivility was unheard of. And OH yea did I say I had been working on the docks and old time production for 40 years. I saw a couple of 30 year supervisors in tears after the senior Manager strip away their dignity. Yea, he did it to me also. I quit before he did it again and I ended up in jail for punching him in the nose.

Unless things have changed there is the last year there are far, far better places to work.

The salary and benefits were great but you will pay dearly for them.
Staff Management a Sub-Contractor To Vitro
Staff Management Not With Vitro (Current Employee) –  Tipton, PANovember 15, 2018
Staff Management a Sub-Contractor To Vitro Sub Contractor based out of Chicago they don't care about the 3rd class citizen that you are cause it's all about Quantity Not Quality Of Product Place Makes Junk then is surprised that their customers are mad at them
Pros
A Good Stepping Stone Place To Work Till You Find Another Job
Cons
No Room For Advancement
Work to pay ratio is great
PACKER (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCOctober 30, 2018
The work to pay ratio is great at Vitro. The work is really easy and very well explained. The people that work there are very easy going and will help if any questions needs to be asked.
Production Hot Ends
Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestline, OHOctober 25, 2018
Well if you need the money that bad then apply! Management doesn't have a clue. Calling off for a day plan on getting a point ,eight points and your gone! Its so bad they cant even keep people there to work , they had to hire a temp force to keep up with production needs. And its a Union Shop go figure! Plan on working a 12 hour day and if your an inspector plan on getting force on your days off. The work is not that hard you just inspect windows then put them in a rack cover with paper then count it. But make sure you look at it cause there good for writing people up. Have a cell phone keep it at home that's another right up. So if you like standing for hours ,pushing out racks, sweeping and shoveling broken glass this is the job for you oh and working when you don't want to Cause Management doesn't care! Good Day!
Pros
Air condition break room when it works!
Cons
Everything about this place!
Out of touch management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 29, 2018
Im a 15 year experience tech, their initial assessment took 1 hour, not sure what part I failed, then have to wait one year to apply again. Never spoke with a single person or asked a single tech question.
Very cut throat, manager is a real jerk
Management (Former Employee) –  Carlisle PaSeptember 22, 2018
Did not matter who you were or what position you were in people were always stabbing others in the back as soon as they left the room. Your just a number there is no loyalty to loyal employees. HR is a joke never get an answer. Always forced overtime never ends because everyone calls off since thats the only way not to be forced into overtime. Benifits were good and pay was good but not anymore.
Pros
Pay was not bad
Cons
Working on you scheduled days off forced OT
Enjoy the SW development at Vitro
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20110September 12, 2018
I worked on the Vitro contract to write software packages for Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Warfare (EW) systems to improve the operational performance.
Maint. Department GMM
GMM (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 7, 2018
I work in the maintenance dept. and love it. take care of the lines and work orders, ride a tribike all night. Some nights are busy other are not. Hot during the summer and cols in the winter. pay good and we are UAW. We work 3 12 hour days one week and 4 the next. We know our schedule a year in advance and sometimes get forced into overtime, but most overtime is voluntary.
Pros
schedule, days worked over 2 weeks is 7
Cons
Hot/cold
East Coast Agency on West Coast
Executive Director, Digital & Integrated Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
VITRO can get a bad rap cos it is not an easy place to work. Ultimately, no advertising agency ever is or was an easy place to work so we liked to think of ourselves as an East Coast Agency on West Coast. FIerce but fun.
good place to work
Supervise a floor crew, total sq (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCMay 6, 2018
clean place to work but is hot , pay is almost where it needs to be , the equipment is new, it has a nice clean white floor i think it is epoxy flooring.
Pros
pay
Cons
hot
It could be better.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Tipton, PAApril 1, 2018
Ever since Vitro took over PGW there really hasnt been any change. Us operators make glass and the higher ups get all the credit. We work every holiday except the 4th of July. (We get christmas off sometimes).
It would be a better job if management wasn't so full of non management material. To them its just all numbers.
We work with outdated broken equipment and when we say we do we either get brushed off or just told to do our job better.
Respect is non existant. But its a good paying job so you just have to deal with the other stuff.

All in all not too bad of a job. Just management is really lacking
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Working Holidays
Vitro - Carlisle PA
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 22, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind the weird schedule. Management is great if you work hard. I am currently in a full paid apprenticeship to become a maintenance tech. Because they are loyal...I am loyal. The hardest part of the job is working around the furnaces when you have to shovel glass. Most enjoyable is the great pay and the work environment. They hire great management personel.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
schedule
Decent Place to work . Its what you make of it
Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Crestline, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Like any job it has its ups and downs. Alot of hours lot of hard work. Takes dedication I was a QC there. Management is a little unorganized. But its not a bad place to work overall.
To many hoops to jump through to work here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2017
Huge turn over rate. Have to pass a 3 part test fail any 3 and your done. Not willing to train to hire and keep good people. If you don't pass any of the 3 parts. You have to wait a year to retake the tests. Office staff should have to pass a test as well. I'm sure all would fail.
Pros
Union
Cons
Hiring process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITRO. Our community is ready to answer.