Vituity Employee Reviews

Tread with Caution..
EFT Department (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 4, 2019
I worked here for over 2 years. The department I was in was VERY clique-ish, almost catty. I am the type to get along with everyone so I didn't get too involved with anything but it is definitely something to keep in mind if you take things personally.. Promotions and reviews are almost all personal, at least in the department I was in. Work - life balance was awesome, scheduling was great, but the pay to be frank, sucked. My department ended up going mostly remote, due to the merging of two departments under one manager, and lack of room in the building. The employees had "the choice" to work from home, and were advised that if it would not work for us that we could request to come back in-house. I felt very pushed to start working from home by management, it seemed like they just wanted to get everyone to that remote status as soon as possible. I did not like working from home and began requesting to come back in-house almost immediately.. For 3 months directly speaking to my supervisor, assistant manager, AND manager about coming back in house, they finally let me go due to "productivity", even though I told them that I knew I worked better in office, and tried resolving the problem for months. I really loved my job there and the people there, and was even working on a special project for my assistant manager when this all happened so it really was a low blow from HR and management. I did not even get the opportunity to come back in house, it was straight boom, you're gone. Very scary as a single mother. All in all, I got great experience and am thankful for my opportunity  more... there.  less
Pros
Schedule, Time Off, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Management, Cliques, Favoritism
Dont apply for payment dept
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 1, 2019
Worked there for 15 1/2 yrs they dont care for there employees, i passed my audits always made my productivity, untill are work flow began to slow down, my productivity began to suffer, made my supervisor and my manager aware of this, it was always don't worry, untill i was on my final written, went to manager to voice my concern , and was told not to worry changes would be made that would be beneficial to us poster, WRONG was still fired, your job hangs in the luck of the draw, so beware of the payment dept.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
Productive and great coworkers
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMarch 27, 2019
Fast paced environment, with coworkers who make the job fun. Downside is the pay is not at market rate causing their to be hardships due to the cost of living.
Cons
pay
No comment.
Medical Billing / Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 24, 2019
Productivity is a bit high, but good starting place to gain experience. There's a possibility you can work from home if you meet the minimum requirements. Location is good.
Best scribe company
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2019
Minimum of 4 shifts/month with no maximum. I work 8 hour shifts but this varies depending on site and practice line. Pay isn't outstanding but it is slightly more than other scribe companies. Good benefits options if you are part-time or full-time. Amazing work environment, with all of the providers making an effort to educate you. I would recommend this company and position to any college students interested in medicine!
People are great, work environment and culture is on the decline
Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Employees would probably be happier if they could get paid market value for the amount of work that they are expected to do. Not much room for growth once you hit management level because higher management has been around forever. Due to budget restrictions - there is not much room for innovation.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
Declining company culture, not paid at market value, lots of choices made based on political climate of the company
Decline
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJanuary 11, 2019
There is a lack of communication between practice managers and corporate. It is hard to navigate to find who a person reports to on many different jobs that need to be done.
Great benefits, Great staff
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 4, 2018
Vituity is a great place to work. Plenty of mentoring which is especially great when new to the profession. Great benefits. Works with your schedule. Management is supportive.
Good for Entry Level
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 23, 2018
the culture is bad and the pay is worse. there are too many issues with management and too many people turning their heads at it. high turn over rate but good entry level company.
not for people who want to advance
i do not wish to disclose (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 24, 2018
Only very specific people can work there. Ideal candidate has to be silent, agreeable, try to be a part of the click. Culture and other declared things in reality mean you have to be invisible.
Pros
compensation
Cons
culture
My review of Data Acquisition
Data Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work consists of composing and responding to emails. Talking to trading partners and other departments via conference calls. Teaming up with other departments to solve problems.
Pros
Long lunches, benefits
Cons
Micro managers, lack of autonomy
Remote Working
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 1, 2018
It is an awesome option to be able to work remotely. It really helps if my kid or myself has an appointment during normal business hours. Very flexable
Pros
appointments during the day
Cons
distractions
Great learning experience but low pay and hours
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJuly 27, 2018
In the unit I worked it, my coworkers were amazing and it was like a family there. I stayed for a year and a half because I loved the learning experience and my passion is helping people despite the low pay and hours. A person has at least 4 shifts in a month. Here they put me to work 4 to 5 9-hour shifts initially. What they didn’t inform me of though is that they would cut hours drastically during months with low patients. I barely made enough to pay my bills. I decided to resign because they wanted to cut me down from 3 9-hour shifts to 2 5-hour shifts. I will forever be grateful for my family there but I can’t live paycheck to paycheck barely making it.
Pros
Like a family in some places, great learning experience, doctors teach you things.
Cons
Short break, low pay, schedule changes drastically.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2018
The job is great for anyone seeking an insiders look into a career as a physician. I know that it amplifies any experience by seeing procedures up close and learning insightful knowledge from people who have been through the process while getting paid!
Able to balance work and school
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 15, 2018
A great place to get your foot in the door. They offer schedule flexibility, as well as tuition reimbursement for employees that stay, with some strings attached of course.
All in all it's a great place to learn medical billing and provide a lot of routes to take into other departments should the opportunity present itself.
My position was budgetary.
On Site Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was able to learn of the medical environment and it's diverse client population. I created and implemented a patient experience questionnaire for the emergency department, which later was electronically formatted.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
position ended due to budgetary reasons
Growing company
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 2, 2018
Convenience of working from home is awesome. Supportive atmosphere. Online training was great. Coding in multiple sites a day can be a bit of a challenge, but keeps the monotony to a minimum.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Great starting point
PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 19, 2018
Vituity is a good company that have ample resources for all personnel to grow and develop within their career choice. Communication from the central office is open. I am confident in my job duties as well as the management team.
You never know what will come theough the ED doors but it is never a dull day.
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 14, 2018
Great experience, I learned so much and got up close in personal with various situations. Amazing job. I loved working at this company. I learned a lot of termminology, physiology and even got to see procedures done up.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Little hours
Job quality varies from contract site to contract site
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 14, 2018
The larger organization does a good job of providing benefits and continuing education.

One hospital site may be quite good while another may be a total burn out.
Pros
benefits, continuing education
Cons
large corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vituity. Our community is ready to answer.