VIVA Railings LLC Employee Reviews

Featured review
VIVA Railings LLC selected this as a representative review
Busy, fun, collaborative team environment
Contract Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 6, 2019
VIVA is a great place to work. Management promotes from within and would rather promote an employee before hiring from outside. I love that the company is experiencing so much growth and that I am a part of it! The employees in my department have to work together as a team and we do it all very well!
Pros
Fun company events
Cons
The work and deadlines can be stressful, but that is to be expected in this industry
I like VIVA Railings enviroment
Engineering/Design (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 20, 2019
I love my work at Viva Railings, the most important reason is, the environment is so honest, we don't have to worry about your co-workers, everybody work trusting each other. I just have to worry about doing my job efficiently.
Innovation to an old trade
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 19, 2019
The company is proactively innovative in regards to trying to provide unique architectural products to the construction industry. The work is challenging and fast paced, the company has spent the money to put software and systems development to help manage your workloads. It is daunting at first but once you become comfortable with it, you don't know how you go along doing your work without it. They use unique communication tools internally to help you communicate with your work peers and departments.
Work place review
Engineering/Design (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 19, 2019
Viva, a place where you are challenged at every turn, which helps to bring the best out of you. Good work culture. The management has always been very supportive in helping me maintain a balance in work and personal life.
Company on Fire
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 17, 2019
always putting out fires, everything is an emergency because something was done wrong or procedures were not followed. Jobs are released without being checked thoroughly which causes mistakes in material. Items being ordered than reordered because they were wrong. impossible timelines and deadlines are pushed onto us to meet and the stress is overwhelming at times. The people here are nice but a lot of them do not do their jobs correctly. It is a burden on the ones that do their jobs correctly and are constantly picking up other's slack.
Installation
Employee (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 16, 2019
I have worked at several railings companies in the past and none have taken the time to appreciate their workers like Viva. The owners are very dedicated to improving the company as we have grown so much in the past couple of years, I feel as if the sky is the limit for Viva! Competitive pay and great benefits along with 401k and life insurance is what is offered to each employee. We do travel a lot, it’s a requirement for this type of work, so if you can’t travel much please communicate that up front.
Very Busy and Productive Work Environment
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 12, 2019
This job is hard. It's hard work, it's busy. You have to actually work here. You can't sit around surfing the internet. Management expects their employees to work and produce work which is what I would expect them to expect from me. I feel completely satisfied here and respected. When I do a good job, I am told so. When I mess up, I am corrected in a respectable manner and given advice or taught how to do the task correctly.
Do not waste your time
Designer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 5, 2019
Only apply only if you need experience or if you are desperate for a job. I am positive its not even worth it in those two scenarios. This place is the worst company I have ever worked for. You will be micromanaged and watched on the cameras by the owners. All departments are run to the ground. No one stays in any department long. Cheap labor is the only priority at this company. The company continues to grow in jobs but they can't keep employees around. Designers do not waste time here all you will do is fix others mess. The cheap labor over seas does most of the design work. Project management is just as bad but its not overseas just hand all the work to the new PMs because people leave. They will ask you to lie to clients as well. They get all their material from overseas again cheap labor. The work place environment is terrible and unorganized. The owners are unprofessional and will talk to you like you are nothing even though you do the best you can do with the mess they themselves create. You will have so many meetings about the same thing over and over again because people do what they want and they have new employees all the time. Management is a joke cause they haven't been there long enough to help fix this place! If you are okay with being underpaid and overworked for a bit to gain experience then join this circus. I can go on about what to warn people about before joining this place but this should be enough to guide professionals away from this place.
Pros
You do whatever you want
Cons
Benefits, pay, work load and No career advancement
August 13, 2019

VIVA Railings values each and every employee. I’m sorry your employment at VIVA was not a positive experience. When it comes to our team, our people are truly our most prized asset. We pride ourselves on a team comprised of the cream of the industry crop.

VIVA Railings would not be one of the fastest-growing companies in America without our employees. VIVA Railings is a great place to gain experience. We have many employees that have worked at VIVA for several years, a decade, or that have been with us from the beginning. We promote from within. We have a program to train our Asst. Project Managers to become Project Managers. We promote our Installers to Foreman or Superintendents. We believe in our staff wholeheartedly!

What a joke
Welder (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 1, 2019
All they owners want is the installers give up having a life outside of work make you work crazy hours and the management well I woulnt even call them that the group of unorganized clowns made for stressful days not a good career unless your a felon or immigrant
Pros
Per dm when you travel
Cons
Management, work schedule, pay
August 13, 2019

VIVA Railings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.

Very stressful for no reason not enjoyable upper management team
Welder/Installer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 1, 2018
Extremely unorganized lack of communication
Disrespectful management last minute schedules
Pay is favored depending on experience but none negotiable
August 13, 2019

At VIVA Railings, communication is key to a successful project. I’m sorry that you felt there was a lack of communication and organization. Communication is a very important part of anyone’s life and can always be improved.

Overworked & Underpaid, Very Stressful Environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 26, 2018
A very mismanaged place to work. They basically make you a workhorse and grind you to the ground. A very stressful environment with no management skills. Employees are disrespected verbally and treated very poorly. High turnover. A place to just get experience and then move on to better things.
Cons
High Stress, Poor Treatment of Employees
August 13, 2019

I’m very sorry you felt this way while working for VIVA Railings. Myself along with the other managers, respect all employees. VIVA would not be one of the fastest-growing companies in America without our employees. Yes, the environment can be stressful, but that is to be expected when we are producing the amount of work we do.

When it comes to the VIVA Railings team, our people are truly our most prized asset. We pride ourselves on a team comprised of the cream of the industry crop.

Expect you to work for free
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 24, 2017
The lack of communication and the way the owners treat their employees is embarrassing to say it nicely. They're very cheap, will overwork you, belittle you.
August 13, 2019

I’m sorry that you felt there was a lack of communication. Communication is necessary to a successful company and project.

Construction Estimator Internship (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 5, 2015
I learned a new software which Im not aware called as BlueBeam. I really worked hard to learn that software.The managers were co-operative. This internship helped me a lot to gain knowledge in my field.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIVA Railings LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8