Vivax Pros Employee Reviews

Energetic work environment with amazing coworkers
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2019
I love working for Vivax Pros because I have met such incredible, hardworking and supportive people here. I genuinely enjoy going to work each day. My managers listen to my ideas and concerns and make sure I know that my voice is heard. I am encouraged to continue developing my skills and be my best each day.

Also, Vivax is dog friendly... how can you not love a place with pups around to make you smile throughout the day.
Pros
Incredible management, fun environment, lots of support
Cons
Salary is a little low, goals can be hard to reach
Work Family
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2019
Vivax Pros is my home. I get to spend my days surrounded by a team that truly cares--about me personally and professionally. They lift me up and challenge me to be better. I can't imagine ever working anywhere else. This professional environment is really something rare.
If you're not down to work your tail off and be expected to give your best, this isn't the place for you. Advancement opportunities and monetary compensation/ bonuses are not afforded to those who don't deserve it. This tends to sometimes bother certain individuals who haven't earned it, and expect more. This isn't a place where you'll be happy if you're not the right fit for the team.

Put in the work, and you'll achieve more than what you want. You will be supported and coached on how to get there. Our management team is unbelievable. They're more like life coaches. You have weekly meetings with your manager that are usually based on hearing what you want out of your position, what you want for the future within the company, and strategizing with you on how to get there.

Vivax truly is the most incredible place to work!
Pros
Coaching, opportunities, free gym, dogs, always learning, personal and professional development.
Just a stepping stone
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2019
If you can imagine a company was started by a bunch of college kids that never had any structure or people to look up to for proper guidance, you can imagine vivax. Come and go as you please, dog friendly office, as much crossfit as you want even though its not accessible for half the company who works 12 hour days in the field. Once a week feel good meeting followed up with smaller meetings that waste valuable work time about how to shake people's hands and the power of your third eye.This laid back vibe has also bled through and created a company that handles matters in immature and unprofessional ways. They pay weekly...but the amount is often times incorrect. There used to be alot of time you could take off in the off season but now that has substantially dwindled and you can only take about 2 weeks off in December or January if you are a field employee (no more than 3 days consecutively from March to November)

This is not somewhere to spend the rest of your career, great stepping stone for those looking to put something professional on a resume that is lacking experience. Extremely poor work/life balance. Goals set by management are lofty and aimed at driving growth in the company. 75% of the time these goals are not practical and employee bonuses are based off of them, often times making it impossible to hit the targeted income levels that were originally pitched to the employee in their compensation offer. Salaries bases are well below industry standard and supplemented with bonus structures to bring income levels up to just below industry entry levels. Note that these
  more... bonus structures are not guaranteed so it leaves the employee in a very vulnerable position especially when a department doesn't accomplish the lofty goal set by management the year prior. The employee then has no recourse for all the hard work that they invested and has earned far less than industry standard.
There is a constant chat about frustration and lack of future career direction. When middle level management is asked what their future with the company is, the resounding answer is "I don't know".

Ownership has a good idea of the direction and feel that they want the company to go in however, it is poorly executed. Management fails to provide proper support to employees due to lack of understanding and absence from field participation. The company heavily relies on inaccurate software that they have designed in house to run reports of efficiency and profitability( KPI's). Employee success is based off of this software but often times important information is omitted from the metrics leaving the employees income (bonuses) in jeopardy,but not affecting Vivax! This leaves employees left trying to prove to their managers that they have met their goals and earned bonuses. Along with this, I have seen on multiple occasions, year after year where employees have to constantly remind their managers that they are owed their bonuses. Multiple times beyond that where employees have to incessantly remind managers that they need to be paid the correct amount. Often times the employees are managing the managers in order to guarantee they receive the income that they have earned and discussed. Conversations about income are often "forgotten about" or responded to with "that wasn't what we agreed upon". Do yourself a favor and GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING! 401k Matches are not contributed until the LAST MONTH OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR. That's right...If you work for all of 2018, you will not see your vivax 401k match until December 2019. They hold on to money you could be investing as long as legally possible. No other companies do this.I have also seen them let people go on Christmas Eve in order to not have to pay out year end bonuses. For those who are not let go just before the end of the year with out their bonus, they are often forced to wait until February or March to receive their year end bonus in a last ditch effort to not have to pay those who wish to leave the company and move on to new opportunities. Employees are looked at as a renewable resource, not a valued resource.

Vivax preaches how they have incredible company culture. This is self proclaimed and also a tool used to attract new individuals to the company. They also boast that they are one of the best places to work for. These accolades are earned by harping on new hires in spring time, who were told how amazing the company was, to fill out a survey (Denver Business Journal) about the company in an attempt to earn more awards. Employees who have not filled out the survey are then personally targeted via email and made felt obligated to do so. The one time the survey was sent out in fall, after the busy season had happened, there was not a peep about earning the best work place award. Employee turn over is INCREDIBLY high to the point where less than 10% of each department have been there for more than 3 years.
Pros
dog friendly office
Cons
No work like balance
No work/life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2019
Hard work and no work/life balance during the summer. It is all or nothing at Vivax. If you have kids, you barely see them. If you ask for time off, you're a burden.
High Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2018
Job culture is very strong. It's a fun place to work, which almost makes up for the mediocre pay. Very little work/life balance, mainly because of high expectation in the realm of performance. It's a gradient between work/life balance and job security. You are secure in your job if you have good performance, but have little work/life balance.
Pros
Cons
Balance, Job Security, Management
great work environment in a growing company
project generator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
Vivax Pros has been voted one of the best places to work in the country. The people are great and the company has an amazing culture with lots of fun get togethers. The PG role is a great way to get into the company at a starting position and actually make pretty good money. I have learned a ton about sales and glad I started in this role instead of a sales role and think the interactions I've had will propel me in whatever I do.
Pros
great people, great culture, fun and fast paced, easy going but motivated
I'm lovin' IT
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
Since working at Vivax Pros, I've had such a great experience. The culture is awesome, everyone smiles, says, "good morning". You have a voice that is heard and there is always someone there to listen. If you have passions, Vivax Pros supports you in pursuing them even if that means leaving the company. At Vivax Pros, I actually enjoy going to work every morning which most people can't say. Vivax Pros is changing the way we do business one home at a time.
Pros
Gym, pet friendly environment
It is happening at Vivax Pros!!!!
Project Generator (Current Employee) –  1050 Yuma St, Denver, CO, 80204October 5, 2018
Vivax Pros is a great place to be. Everyone is full of energy and always ready to help one another. They do right by their clients and stand behind their employees. It is one of the few places that cares for both sides of the spectrum. Vivax Pros has earned many awards that validate them as an exceptional workplace.

The Project Generation role is a great opportunity for anyone who is looks to get their foot in the door with an incredible company or wanting to earn some great money without working full-time. Any individual that applies themselves to the role will advance their personal and professional skills.

The role is a performance-based position so the better he or she can perform the more money earned and more opportunities will arise. Let me be honest and say that this position is NOT for everyone. However, those that are open minded, have good work ethic, and are motivated see success.

The “day-to-day” is centered around meeting homeowners and having conversations based on current home improvement needs or discovering future needs. It is a simple role but can be challenging at times. However, the pros greatly outweigh the cons. For example, work life balance is great, compensation is commensurate to the work, complete control of one’s success/advancement, playful culture, and many more.

All in all if you’re looking to change things up, add an additional income source, or looking to advance yourself personally/professionally I’d would recommend the Project Generation Role to anyone.
Pros
Work life balance, flexible hours, no earning cap, advancement opportunities
Cons
No part-time benefits
Project Generation D2D Events
Events Project Generation (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
My experience with Vivax has been life changing! I knock doors for the company and work events. I started about 3 1/2 years ago. I have grown personally and professionally a tremendous amount sense i started in 2016. Every day i get into the office/van I'm welcomed by what i consider my family. The leadership team is constantly asking about my personal life and my emotional well being. If i need additional income or i am not making ends meet. My manager will delegate me some extra work. The hardest part of my day, is having to stop playing fetch with the office pups. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the whole team break world records and celebrate!!!
Pros
Pay Scale, Office Dogs, Crossfit Gym, Talking about lunch, Team Meetings
Cons
Parking spaces
Vivax has lost touch of their roots
Project Generator aka door to door solicitor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
For a company that started based on door to door marketing they have turned their back on their marketers. In an effort to maximize their bottom line the first people to feel the squeeze are the people who go out and knock doors for them everyday. Pay changes are the norm and it’s never good for the employee. When an employee does well and exceeds their comfort zone as far as what they want to pay you, leadership just changes the pay so you will make less but give them the same value. Decisions are made with little regard as to how it effects their employees. Stay away! They hide behind an image “Best Place To Work In Denver”. They are going in the wrong direction and I can guarantee you that being in the marketing department is not a good place to be. They are all smoke and games. Don’t be fooled. Enter at your own risk!!!
Pros
Hours are somewhat flexible
Cons
Poor leadership, constant pay changes.
Great Company
Director of Window & Door Division (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2018
I was working as a consultant, and loved these guys. Helped in getting the Window Division up and running. I was able to get their marketing plan set and was able to establish a good vendor relationship in order to maximize profits.
It was a great workplace
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 13, 2018
The typical work day would be a painting I learned a lot while I was there a couple of tricks the management was great the hardest part about the job was going home
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No healthcare
You won't get a raise
WARRANTY DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2018
Expect to work long hours on a salary basis. You can create your own schedule to some extent, but you'll be working a lot. Do not expect a raise or a promotion. Not after a few months ... not after three years in my experience. The culture is very insular and drinking the cool-aid is required to fit in. A lot of the culture is based around Fortune 500 company principles that are a bit focused on the employee self-sacrificing for the greater good of the company. I would have been able to stomach that a little more easily if I was getting paid enough to survive in Denver, or at least working 40-50 hours per week for that salary instead of 75.
Pros
fun people
Cons
pay =/= hours worked
Great place to grow!
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2018
Great, fun and pleasant workplace with great opportunities for advancement and personal growth. There is an onsite crossfit gym and monthly personal growth meetings. Great management team that enjoys feedback and is open to ideas
complete chaos
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 4, 2017
The training for new employees is horrible. Further all the best resources are allocated strictly for senior employees - meaning as a new employee you will receive no training and will be working with people who are incapable of doing their jobs.
Cons
leadership
Fun, challenging and rewarding
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of working with clients and selling house painting jobs. I learned how to work with customers and what makes good customer service. I also learned how to handle rejection and make it positive. The management was really great and also helpful with training. The hardest part of the job was rejection. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers.
Pros
schedule, staff
One of the top private companies in Colorado
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2015
Private ownership and management that excels in all aspects of business. Fantastic place to work! They offer the very best in painting, roofing, solar and window replacement. The best of the best in home contractors.
Pros
Management, flexibility, great team, and very challenging.
Cons
Healthcare and 401(k) only benefits offered.
Great Company that is Growing Quickly with Lots of Opportunities for Advancement
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoAugust 19, 2015
Vivax is a great place to work in Denver if you are looking for a fun and fast paced environment that is always evolving and improving. The company continues to expand and grow every year at a astonishing rate.

The management team (including the owner) takes a very hands on approach to helping you succeed and are always available to talk.

If you put in the time and energy with Vivax you will be rewarded for your efforts. You will learn a ton about sales, marketing, management, customer service and running a successful small business.

The hours may be long, and at times the work might be tough, but it is always rewarding.

If you are looking for a company to grow with both personally and professionally, I would highly recommend taking a close look at Vivax.
Pros
Fun and Great Place to Work
Cons
During the busy season the hours can be long.
Forward Thinking Company, That Proves The Sky Isn't Necessarily The Limit
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverAugust 14, 2015
This is the first company that I've worked for where every employees voice truly matters. We are constantly evolving and adjusting to the obstacles we face. If something isn't working we adjust and move on. It feels good to be appreciated and to be directly compensated for how hard you work. Vivax is great in terms of promoting from within and paths are laid out for all departments. The culture is infectious and knowing that the rest of our team is out there working every bit as hard as I am keeps me motivated on those long days out in the field. Our leadership team is not satisfied with maintaining, they want to thrive and we have grown exponentially every year I've been here. It's a fantastic team and I feel very #blessed to be a part of it.
Awesome Company Culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 7, 2015
Best job I've ever had! Not to say that it's not challenging and requires a lot of work, but it's very rewarding. Watching the company grow and develop into what it has in just the last year is beyond exciting. Great work environment and team. I can't wait to see where we go next...
Pros
Awesome team, work environment, paid time off, and career advancement opportunities
Cons
Long work weeks but the compensation makes it worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivax Pros. Our community is ready to answer.

Vivax Pros Reviews by Location