Vivial Media LLC Employee Reviews

Great Company
Senior Advertising Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 1, 2018
When I say the sky is the limit I really mean it. Your earning potential is only capped by how much work you're willing to put in. If you're talented at sales and can learn a fairly complicated CRM then this is a good fit for you.
Pros
Great environment, supportive management, good compensation
Cons
Can't think of any
Company has so many issues-they have no idea what right is
Senior Digital Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 11, 2018
Leaders are the failure they hire through buddy system not through talent or education and have no clue what they are doing and selling to customers.
Pros
everybody is forced to be somebody they are not to compete
Cons
Leaders are the issues because they are such failures they create failure in their employees
Good luck
Sales (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 7, 2018
Regular 9-5 job in all departments. Everyone looks miserable. For a tech company the culture is very shallow. Stressful. No room for growth...........
Decent Place to Work Part-Time
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
This is a company that needs content, and lots of it. If you can produce a significant amount of content in a timely fashion and value working remotely, then it's a reasonable opportunity.
Great place to make money
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 14, 2018
I have many years of sales experiences with a handful of companies and Vivial is great. I believe in digital marketing and Vivial offers products that are cost effective and easy to explain. I also believe that if you are good and sales you can make a lot of money. The best part about Vivial is the commission plan. I made an over $5k Bonus Q2 ontop of my normal comp.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Can be Stressful, Daily Grind
Stressful but can be rewarding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 12, 2018
Tons of cold calling and dropping into businesses unannounced to look for new clients. High sales goals that are difficult to meet but are paid well if met. Most businesses don't think they need digital advertising or they know how to do it on their own so selling the product once you're lucky enough to get a meeting is also difficult.
Pros
high commission pay out, plan your own day
Cons
high sales goals, stressful
Vivial Bloomington. MN sales office
Advertising Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 8, 2018
office is now younger people whom are the digital age, but have little sales experience, the office does have a sales manager -but he is run by corporate office out of st. Louis and is under the same pressure that they exert of the sales staff.

office was just vetted and only 1 person survived and thus the new younger less expense sales staff.

It about what you can do today -not what you have done, make you goal or get replaced is the culture
Avoid it if possible
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 2, 2018
I want to like Vivial. I really do. But every time I try, I'm reminded why it's just another content mill. Subpar pay, tight deadlines, idiotic edit requests that would be easier and faster for the editor to fix themselves, the list goes on.

Editors used to be great, but the newer ones are rude, issue requests that make no sense, or violate the style guide entirely. There is no consistency and edits often take weeks to go through. If an article hasn't been cleared by an editor, you don't get paid for it. At one point, I had articles languishing in the editorial queue for more than four months.

The content assignments are often so vague or poorly worded that you can't make sense of them. When they are clear, the editors typically misinterpret or ignore the instructions in the idea and tell you to rewrite the article entirely.

If you expect to be rewarded for your work, you'll be sorely disappointed. There are no pay increases. There's no bonus structure. What you agree to in your contract seems to be it.
Pros
Easy to get time off
Cons
Low pay, bad editors, outdated platform, no training, no support from management, no opportunity for advancement, no pay raises
A sinking ship...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 2, 2018
This product has so much potential, but I don't see much hope for it. The product and the business of account based marketing requires organization, experience and an active and regular investment in talent. Instead, the organization focuses its resources on being a "sales organization", setting unrealistic targets (and then not paying bonuses) and then seem surprised when our turnover and retention rates keep steadily worsening.
Cons
People are NOT valued.
Entry Level
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
The company struggles to define a real direction. They seem to lack a long term vision. Get on the phone and sell now - or else. They don't care about relationships, just new sales.
Pros
Great beginner job
Cons
No vision for future
High Turn Over
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 1, 2018
High turn over. The majority of new hires are dismissed within 3 months. Filled with millenial's lacking a professional work ethic. Hostile work environment.
Advertised as an outside sales position with 6 figure income. It's a phone sales job and the income is completely misrepresented. Management bullying style. They announce failed sales of each rep. as they micromanage the floor.
Pros
Cons
benefits and training are horrible with high turnover
Terrible place to work
PREMISE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, VIVIAL (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 20, 2018
Work culture is below standards. Goals are to high and they keep u on write up to motivate you. High stress with lil reward. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY...
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great co-workers
Senior Ad-Tech Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 29, 2018
Good place to work as far as co-workers and most of management. The problem is the lack of follow through with the in-house fulfillment team. When you sell products, you cross your fingers and hope that the AC channel will take good care of your customer :-( If they don't, then you will be very discouraged and wonder why you even try.
Not
Ad Tech Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Management needs to be more consistent. They will say that they don't micromanage, but will have you come into the office to make cold calls. Products don't work, and they expect you to just keep selling to people as if the problems don't exist!
Pros
Commission is good
Cons
Products don't work, Management
Fun place to work. Nowhere to grow.
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 23, 2018
The company has a reputation of low pay but AMAZING coworkers. If you’re coming straight from college and this might be the job for you if you want to barely afford your rent your groceries and the cost of living in Dayton. Management is fantastic if you get stuck with the right one. The higher ups don’t listen to what you have to say about compensation or your workload. Do you not work at Vivial unless you are only there to get experience to move on.
Friendly, fast paced atmosphere.
SENIOR DIGITAL MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2018
great company. i did not work there very long. manager was a micro manager and the regional manager was racist. other than that - many friendly people.
Good job, if you're not very driven.
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 22, 2018
There are no rewards/ consequences for performance. I was consistently a top performer, both in both metrics and client satisfaction surveys, not just in our office, but company-wide. Certain associates would stroll in 15 minutes late every day, looking like they hadn't bathed in a week, and would do nothing the entire day. I do not operate like that. It drove me crazy that some of my coworkers showed no pride in their work and were never held accountable.

When I was hired, they touted their opportunity for growth and movement within the company, which was a large reason of why I took the job. This was not true. In the time I worked there, I saw FAR more people quit to take better opportunities and only one set of "promotions" within a large department. Basically, there was the option to be a Digital Account Coordinator and maybe, a Team Lead. There was zero opportunity to advance.

They also explained in the benefits portion of the interview, that you are reviewed every 6 months. What they don't tell you is that, culturally, it's impossible to score about a 3 out of 5 on the reviews and they do not offer raises- AT ALL.

Maybe, it's a good company for a kid fresh out of school who doesn't know any better. But-if you want to do well for yourself, it will never happen at Vivial.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
No opportunity for growth, nothing was incentivized.
Steady, high paying work for freelancers.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 3, 2018
I have to be honest, I don’t know what some of these other people are talking about. I absolutely love this company and the managers I work with. The pay per word is competitive and there are almost never lulls in the available work, which is hard to find for remote freelance writing. I highly recommend this client to other people looking for great clients.
Pros
Higher paying work, ample available work, kind and intelligent editors
Cons
Same topics assigned over and over again, poor training materials
Great people but no career path
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 20, 2018
Definitely a great bunch of people to work with but there was no career path for someone in my position, something I was told outright after I was hired. While a good group, some people in management had a hard time delegating and some people continued to try to do my job for me. The hardest part of the job was trying to do the job for which I was hired.
Never a dull Moment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2018
Maintaining and growing existing book of business while chasing after new accounts. Taught me alot on how to work independently , and maintain goal objectives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivial Media LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight