Vivicare Health Employee Reviews

I love working with Pediatric patients and helping the family transition from hospital to home.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2019
I have been with this company since they opened. They don’t have a high turnover rate in the office . I also like that there are opportunities for advancement in the company if this is something you seek.
Pros
Very professional staff, pay is competitive
Cons
Insurance offered is expensive
September 16, 2019

Thank you so much for being one of our best assets! We are so glad you have been with our team so long and will be sure and let Dallas and Fort Worth know what a great job they are doing! Thank you again for all you do for our families!

Fun, supportive work environment
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2019
The office staff in the San Antonio office go above & beyond to support nurses needs as well as there patients needs.
There are always friendly, helpful when you call in with concerns or needs.
The flexibility of the job allows for a great work/life balance.
Vivicare prides itself on allowing nurses to grow and develop their skill set, by offering different classes on training.
Vivicare focus is on their patients and the quality of care they deliver, and the environment in which healthcare/home care is always changing, seeing how it can be fast-paced and exciting.
Pros
Patient Centered Care, 410K, Weekly pay, Great team work. Flexibility
Cons
App for charting (cub hub) is not a favorite but once you get a the hang of it, its ok.
July 22, 2019

Thank you so much for your supportive feedback! And thank you for being the best part of what makes our company great!

no comment
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77005June 17, 2019
Vivicare is a fun company but does not spend much time in training new director staff on how the company functions, their charting system and their way of doing things.
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and saying that we are a fun company! We work hard to treat our internal and external employees as valued members of our family. I am sorry to hear that you do not feel as though our training program was where you wanted it to be. We are doing a clinical education overhaul that you would find interesting and should be beneficial for our all of our new nurses coming to join the team, we have already begun that rollout and are very excited!

Good employee events
lvn (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 15, 2019
Worked here many years overall good place to work. Sometimes you may have problem with the schedulers. They can be rude and vindictive if you won't accept a client. They won't give you work.
Pros
Employee events
Cons
Office staff
June 17, 2019

Thank you for commenting that Vivicare is a good place to work! We appreciate it! I know that at times there can be misunderstandings when there are so many moving pieces. If at anytime you would like to discuss your experience with particulars feel free to call and let the director know of your concerns. We take them seriously and appreciate all that you do!

Decent
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I love this company. Then I got assigned a patient who the mom , had an arrangement with the nurse before me . She was to go on sundays at 0900. Nobody told me . So I went to my assignment at 0800 as I was scheduled . No family at home .i went home lost a day of pay. Then the following week had a family emergency of my own, I didn’t go to the assignment and was fired. They didn’t even care that my own child was sick or hurt. I enjoyed my patients. But the communication was lacking , the regular nurse was getting paid for hours she didn’t even work. I would be careful of who you get assigned too as well.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Communication
Lack of communication
Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed the family I was assigned, however, there were certain times that the lack of communication between the family and the office caused tension.
Posotive work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
Typical day at work for home care for pediatrics and adults. Management was very supportive and helpful. They also actively searched for skilled nurse cases.
Used to be a fun team to work for
Pediatric Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2018
They have not provided me with much work in past 3 months. It has been a waiting game for an assignment which is extremely frustrating. Promises to keep waiting for new patients but not called or maintained on status of potential clients.
Work as much as you want, little benefites, and no pto.
PEDIATRIC HOME HEALTH NURSE (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 20, 2018
It a good company to work for, but they provide no real benefits. no chance for advancement, no pay raise, no PTO. You have to take a pay cut to get really expensive insurance. They do have nice Christmas parties!
Pros
They will let you work as much as you want.
Cons
If you have to take off, there is no pto to help.
Small Company, Terrible Benefits
LVN (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 11, 2018
The owners and office staff are wonderful but unfortunately the benefits are terrible and you can’t afford to continue working there for the cost of insurance.
Pros
Wonderful People
Cons
Terrible Benefits
Not sure whats supposed to go here
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2018
The pay was not competitive with other companies. No benefits came with position and I was hardly ever placed closed to home with no reimbursement for travel.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No benefits
Horrible office staff
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2018
The Fort Worth division is ran by snobs. They put the families first in every situation even if you voice your concerns to them. They will pull you off a case in a second and good luck getting a replacement. They do not value the nurses. The insurance is way over priced. Also PTO is a joke. The only good thing I can say about showing appreciation is the Christmas bonus.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Horrible management and benefits
A Company That Actually Cares About Their Nurses
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2017
Great experience. It is faced paced, and people can be a little stressed sometimes, but I think that comes with being a PDN nursing company. They treat employees like people, not just resources. They also really do work to fill every shift they have. That is NOT the case with other companies.
Empty Promises.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Management is sarcastic, rude, and fake. They will promise you the moon and then backtrack. All about the money and favoritism. If you value your license then run... Run far away!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Awesome company
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
Over the past 26 yrs of my nursing career , I have worked w/ numerous agencies all over the country. Vivicare ranks within the top 5 of all of them.
I love the atmosphere of the office. The staff are really helpful and concerned with your well being as well as the patients. They make you feel like a part of their family. I have rarely worked with a company where the owner calls you personally to receive feedback on new tools and policies that have been implemented. I love that we as nurses are included in this process with Vivicare.
If ever your patient is in the hospital they make sure to find you alternative work. I especially like the scheduling process. Unlike most agencies, you are given the opportunity to submit your requested time off prior to the finalized monthly schedule. They also offer many perks & benefits. I have really enjoyed my past 3 yrs with the company and am looking forward to many more.
Pros
Weekly pay, Bonuses and Benefits
Cons
Unable to leave for lunch (only down side to pedi nursing)
Caring place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  First WorthMay 26, 2017
Vivicare is a wonderful place to work. The office staff is anazing about working with nurses to balance work and family time. Office staff is open and available always willing to work with nurses through any issues.

Vivicare is a true caring company not only for nurses and staff but also for the families and patients. They work hard to provide quality nurses and not to just send out warm bodies to the patients home. If your patient is unavailable due to being on vacation or in the hospital the office staff works very hard to send you other places so you don't lose hours.

I had to have surgery and they were amazing. I was told to take all the time I needed and to not rush coming back until I was healed. I also received several calls to ask about my health and how I was feeling. Not one conversation was "when are you coming back?" I have worked for a couple of home health companies and this one is by far the best.
Pros
Great hours.
Good workplace
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2017
Vivicare is a really fast pace workplace. It has great benefits and good values. The only thing that I would suggest, would be more diversity. Would recommend
Great Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Great Communication
Great Pay
Great Families
Best nursing agency I have ever worked for. They treat with extremely well. Pay rate is great. Any time I've ever had an issue, it has been dealt with immediately.
Great Company!
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2016
Love them so much! They're number one goal is to think outside the box and improve communication and care between the office, families and nurses!
Wonder company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2016
Vivicare is a wonderful company to work for. The owners care about their nurses and go above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy. They are very passionate about keeping the families happy and well staffed.

I have only had to call in sick twice and they were very caring and concerned about how I was feeling. Not once did they ask when I thought I could go in to work. They told me to rest and get well. In March I had a hysterectomy and I couldn't have asked for better treatment. They called and asked how surgery went and wished me a speedy recovery. When I was released to go back to work a few weeks later I let them know and back to work I went
I try to inform Vivicare when I am able to work PRN and if they have availability I fill in. When they call asking if I can work on my day off they never get upset if I am unable to.
Vivicare understands how important it is to me to be with my children and attend their activities.

If you are looking for an amazing place to work this is it!
Pros
Pay. Caring attitude. benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivicare Health. Our community is ready to answer.