Vivid Seats Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sucks
Sales and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
They didnt take kindly to those who weren't caucasian, felt belittled and unrecognized for my hard work. They fired me due to being Ill no sick days or vacation time. Bunch of jokes. There policy is bogus. Just a bunch of rip offs
My job
Order Fulfillment Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
My job is amazing, my company is great. i just need to work mornings to accommodate my families needs and I've asked many times and nothing changes new hires get the hours that I'm asking for and I just have to do look into a position with that will work with the hours that are needed.
revolving door management and employees
Level 2 Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Vivid seats is a place that has a high turnover rate for its employees. The rules are ever changing and there was no real room for growth in my opinion
Growing Company who wants to win!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
I enjoy the empowerment I'm given to make decisions and the desire of others to help me be successful. Continuous investments in expanding our customer base.
Pros
fast paced, embrace change
Cons
be ready to keep up
Sales Bonus Structure
Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
They added a new bonus structure for the sales team which pays out monthly. The bonus is very lucrative for the sales team and is 100% based off our individual numbers. Selling tickets to live events and mainly dealing with inbound calls. Office is also casual dress code, fun coworkers, benefits solid with healthcare, 401k, full time hours.
Pros
Solid bonus structure, casual dress code, catered lunches, benefits offered
Cons
One weekend shift required, some later shifts
Great Place to Start a Career
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
Vivid Seats has grown from a small operation to a leading industry site in a short amount of time. In the last few years hourly agents have moved up the ranks to obtain senior level roles at both the operations and corporate offices. There are very few if any companies in Chicago or elsewhere that provide these types of opportunities for those starting at the entry level. If you're smart and work hard, you will be rewarded.

At the operations center there is consistent overtime opportunity for hourly employees, annual holiday bonuses, free meals, and a competitive benefit package.
First job out of school
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
I started at Vivid Seats after graduating college. The company is growing fast so I got to work with a lot of different departments. If you work hard, show up on time and have a good attitude, you will be recognized for it and have opportunities to grow.
Pros
Ticket discounts, casual dress, snacks
Cons
Benefits do not start on the first day
Growth Opportunity / Great Ownership & Management
Vendor Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
I've worked at Vivid Seats now for multiple years. Because ownership understands the business, Vivid has continued to grow and this has led to many opportunities as many positions exist today that did not in the past. Ownership notices and values hard work, and for this reason Vivid is full of competent employees. Any time you ever need to work with another department, red tape is either at a minimum or non-existent and people are willing to help. No office politics nonsense, people have their roles because they are the person for the job.
Pros
opportunity, great colleagues, great leadership
Cons
no down time while on the job
Great Company with a lot of room to advance!
Assistant Manager Seller Services (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 6, 2018
Vivid Seats is a fast paced, high volume place to work. If you're looking for an "easy" job, this is not for you. If you work hard and show that you're capable of doing the job and you're motivated, you can move up quickly though. The location is prime, with public transport easily accessible. I really enjoyed working in the fast paced environment and my co-workers were great. The work environment can tend to get a little stressful, but the same is true with most jobs. Overall, a great place to work if you're self motivated and really ambitious. The skys the limits as to how far you can advance, if you're willing to work hard.
Pros
Good location, lots of opportunity to advance.
Cons
High paced, stressful at times
Rapid Growth - New Opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
With rapid growth comes new opportunities, the chance to make a difference and impact sales. It's great working for a company that is highly successful and profitable. Upper management is receptive to individual feedback and decisions are made quickly and work is fast-paced.

Lots of amenities including catered lunches, snacks, coffee, occasional happy hours, team outings and lunches, craft beer/bar
Pros
Cons
Nothing at the moment
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Vivid Seats has shown tremendous amount of growth over the past 3-4 years and I really love the fast-paced environment. Management treats you very well and there is a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. If you demonstrate the culture and work ethic, you will be noticed by management and get promoted within the company. This is a very interesting business, but everyone has your back. Ton of perks like free lunches every few weeks, tons of snacks/drinks in the office. I love the office-open floor plan with ping pong tables and other arcade games. The best part of all, the basketball floors in the kitchen. I enjoy coming to work every single day and work along my friends/colleagues. This is by far the best company to work for and if you want to work in a fast-pace environment and grow, Vivid Seats is the place for you!!
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, office space, fast-paced environment
Great company; established industry leader with room for growth
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Having worked in both the call center and the corporate office, my experience is that I've gotten out what I've put into both the company and the opportunities available internally.

I love working with my current team and have had a variety of positive experiences here, however when a company grows as substantially as Vivid Seats there are going to be pain points amidst the opportunities. The past year has brought in a lot of new management, experienced leadership from a variety of large e-commerce and operations centers. In my opinion, I've seen smart decisions made to address the growing pains and keep the company moving forward in both business and technology.

You get great perks both at the call center and corporate office; free snacks, a couple catered lunches per month, solid benefits, and a fun eclectic group of co-workers. Corporate office does get some extra perks that just don't fit at the call center, like the ping pong table and old school arcade games, but both get to enjoy a monthly happy hour to cut loose with said fun co-workers.

Overall, I see great opportunities here for people just starting out in their careers as well as people bringing expertise in their fields. A company that's growing to our scale needs both.
A good fit for smart, ambitious, hard-working people
Corporate (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 5, 2018
Pros

1. Everyone who works here is super smart and super passionate about what they do. You will learn a lot from your coworkers.

2. Lots of advancement opportunities. Promoting from within is common. Management rewards smart, hardworking people. If you work hard and learn from those around you, you'll have lots of opportunities to move up in the company.

3. Attractive pay and benefits!

4. Fun happy hours, company events, great office space... and definitely a fun, interesting group of people to work with.

Cons

This is an intense, fast-paced environment. For the people at Vivid Seats that are successful, this is a "pro" and not a "con". But if that's not your speed, this will not be a fit.
Pros
growing company, dynamic industry, advancement opportunities
Cons
be prepared to work hard
Interesting, Various, Room for Growth
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Vivid Seats is a company that has experienced aggressive growth. VS expects you to grow with it. This means that your responsibilities tend to vary and grow, something I have enjoyed very much. The people who choose to work here are smart and ambitious.
Pros
the people, rapid growth
Opportunity for Advancement and Recognition of Smart Employees
Product Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Vivid Seats has shown tremendous growth over the past years, and much of that is due to the fast-paced, cutting edge nature of the company and its management. Vivid Seats is full of very smart people, and because it is privately owned by hands-on, "checked in" owners, if you demonstrate your intelligence and willingness to work hard for the company, you'll be given ample opportunities to advance. This approach has allowed Vivid Seats to make a huge foothold in its industry, and continue a tremendous trajectory of growth.

Over the years, the company culture has shifted slightly, and it can occasionally be frustrating to deal with newer employees who haven't quite adapted to the fast pace, and move a bit more slowly than their longer-tenured counterparts, but if you exemplify the culture and work ethic the company values, you will be noticed and you will advance.
Pros
Catered lunches, happy hours, bar in office, free snacks/drinks, aggressive advancement opportunities, close working relationship with ownership, unlimited PTO
Cons
Heavy responsibility, fast-paced, sometimes tough to find work/life balance
Fun place, bad management
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I've always enjoyed the work I do at vivid, however, some of the management here are counter=productive and are almost always absent from their desk so they cant hand out much assistance as they are no where to be found.
Pros
Catered meals, sponsored happy hour, fast paced
Cons
management
Productive and educational workplace
Customer Service and Online Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I loved working with Vivid Seats. I typically worked from home, but I came in the office once a week. I started off on the phones, and eventually worked my way up to the online support team. These responsibilities included chats, emails, voicemails, and communicating with other departments to assist any client or broker. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unreasonable clients who made negative reviews on yelp, BBB, attorney general etc. However, because of this, I have learned to deescalate situations and satisfy the customer assuring our 100% Buyer's Guarantee.
Tiring, Petty Management, and lack of enthusiasm
SENIOR SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
While the pay is slightly above minimum wage, it was not worth the stress you are put under while doing multiple positions worth of work without any type of encouragement or support from management. The sales metric system needs reworking because one can meet the weekly goals but still miss the conversion mark due to how much volume the lack of employees have to take to compensate. Just an unfair place to work and try to thrive in.
Pros
Offers benefits
Cons
Poor Management, lack of critical thinking among supervisors, and hostile dynamic
An excellent atmosphere lacking management
VIP Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Everything about Vivid Seats at the time was an ideal workplace minus management and the necessary pieces in place for such a prominent company.

Since then things have changed and the company has changed hands in ownership and seems to be on the right path.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner on weekends
Cons
Obligated one weekend workday per week.
Seems Great, Until You're Here Long Enough
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2017
Has many fun perks that lure you in: catered lunches, young, fun, staff, monthly happy hours. However, the culture is absolutely cold and many changes are occurring within the company--doesn't seem to be a good look. I would warn anyone to stay away and not be fooled by the glitz and glam. You will be miserable come your 5th month. Seriously!
Pros
catered food
Cons
know-it-all management who micromanage but don't do their jobs, faux sense of help/support internally, continuous mention of advancement but secret paths/routes to do so

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivid Seats. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight