Vivid Seats Employee Reviews

Awesome
Sales/Customer Service Representative Call Center (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2019
I really lovee the job and the atmosphere, the people that I worked with was great and I would love to reapply in the future if current things don't work out.
Pros
food
Cons
management
Great people and room for advancement
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 29, 2018
You get from vivid what you put into it - if you want to move up and be salaried you can do it in less than 6 months if you work your tail end off. Or, it’s a great job to jumpstart another career elsewhere. I’ve stayed on and the benefits once salaried are unbeatable elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunches twice a month; free vivid credits, flex pto once salaried
Cons
Customers can be brutal - and we are understaffed all the time
Very good culture
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2018
Vivid seats had an awesome atmosphere. They made it a very comfortable place to work. Vivid seats does have help available when needed. Vivid seats could work on promoting from within more often
Starts good then gets bad fast!
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
Started off working here and things were great. I kept an open mind about being in a call center but things turned ugly fast. After the 3 week training, you get thrown out on to the floor and are supposed to preform at a high level like the other agents who have been here longer than you. Policy changes I get that but you’re not made aware. For example, during training we were told that, “Here at Vivid Seats we understand you have a life outside of work, we all do if things come up don’t hesitate to reach out to us and we’d be more than happy to help accommodate you and your needs.” That’s a lie. You only get 5 paid sick days per year and better yet, you only get 10 days you’re allowed to request off throughout the year then you get put on a waiting list, to see if management will approve of the time off. Better than all of that is the point system for attendance. It’s like you’re in elementary school. You are allowed 10 points per 6 month period where you can call off, leave early, or come in late. Each reason is a different amount of points. If you reach 10 points they have the right to fire you. I agree with an attendance policy but this one is outrageous. There are your typical cliques and of course management plays favorites and then they wonder why they have no one available to work. It’s simple, the agents are either fired or they leave because of the office atmosphere. I do have to say a few of the Team Leads and Subject Matter Experts (your direct manager and assistant managers) are great. They help out as much as they can and try to meet with you on a weekly basis.  more... Of those only a few seem to put a great deal of interest in their agents. I can count on one hand the total number of TL’s and SME’s who truly care. That numbs is 5. Upper Management sits in their offices or at their desks and only come around when things are super busy/hectic. You know, thats what Upper Management does.

I witnessed the other day someone go to HR to talk about work life and HR sent them away with a cup of water and a box of tissue. Told them to go relax. That’s a joke. Working here definitely has a toll on mental health and no one really seems to care about it. When you get a promotion, going from a Level 1 Agent to a Level 2 agent you’re expected to handle more of the tougher calls and issues that come through but only for a .50 raise. If you’re lucky enough to go from a Level 2 Agent to a Level 3 Agent, it’s another .50 raise. You do have the options to go to other departments such as Order Fulfillment, Verification, Seller Services, Mapping, just to name a few but they have to have open positions which is kind of rare.

All in all Vivid Seats makes it seem like working there is a great way to get your career started but that’s a lie. You sit at a desk, that’s not even you’d own personal space, getting yelled at by customers and management. It’s not worth the stress. I repeat working here is not worth the stress this job causes. I’d highly advise to stay away from applying.
Pros
The other agents you work with The discount Food/Drink to get you through the day
Cons
Management, Work Life, Paid Sick Days, Limited Days off, One Weekend Shift per Week
Ok if you dont mind not dealing with angry customers all day everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2018
This was a great job for someone getting out of college and needing to make money as soon as possible, though don't expect to have much of a social life or be able to do much other than deal with mostly angry customers all day long. Great food that they provide and young fellow employees though and good benefits for all the stress the job involves.
Pros
Free meals, great fellow employees
Cons
Constant stress and dealing with angry people.
Normal
Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2018
Not to thrilled more of a company for younger generation with no family. A lot of the co workers are younger and do not have children more of a excitement company.
Sucks
Sales and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
They didnt take kindly to those who weren't caucasian, felt belittled and unrecognized for my hard work. They fired me due to being Ill no sick days or vacation time. Bunch of jokes. There policy is bogus. Just a bunch of rip offs
Vivid Seats Seller Service
Broker Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
A typical work day included answering lots of emails and phone calls to assist both sellers and buyers. It was very fast paced as there are lots of orders all the time.
My job
Order Fulfillment Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
My job is amazing, my company is great. i just need to work mornings to accommodate my families needs and I've asked many times and nothing changes new hires get the hours that I'm asking for and I just have to do look into a position with that will work with the hours that are needed.
revolving door management and employees
Level 2 Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Vivid seats is a place that has a high turnover rate for its employees. The rules are ever changing and there was no real room for growth in my opinion
Growing Company who wants to win!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
I enjoy the empowerment I'm given to make decisions and the desire of others to help me be successful. Continuous investments in expanding our customer base.
Pros
fast paced, embrace change
Cons
be ready to keep up
Sales Bonus Structure
Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
They added a new bonus structure for the sales team which pays out monthly. The bonus is very lucrative for the sales team and is 100% based off our individual numbers. Selling tickets to live events and mainly dealing with inbound calls. Office is also casual dress code, fun coworkers, benefits solid with healthcare, 401k, full time hours.
Pros
Solid bonus structure, casual dress code, catered lunches, benefits offered
Cons
One weekend shift required, some later shifts
Great Place to Start a Career
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
Vivid Seats has grown from a small operation to a leading industry site in a short amount of time. In the last few years hourly agents have moved up the ranks to obtain senior level roles at both the operations and corporate offices. There are very few if any companies in Chicago or elsewhere that provide these types of opportunities for those starting at the entry level. If you're smart and work hard, you will be rewarded.

At the operations center there is consistent overtime opportunity for hourly employees, annual holiday bonuses, free meals, and a competitive benefit package.
First job out of school
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
I started at Vivid Seats after graduating college. The company is growing fast so I got to work with a lot of different departments. If you work hard, show up on time and have a good attitude, you will be recognized for it and have opportunities to grow.
Pros
Ticket discounts, casual dress, snacks
Cons
Benefits do not start on the first day
Growth Opportunity / Great Ownership & Management
Vendor Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
I've worked at Vivid Seats now for multiple years. Because ownership understands the business, Vivid has continued to grow and this has led to many opportunities as many positions exist today that did not in the past. Ownership notices and values hard work, and for this reason Vivid is full of competent employees. Any time you ever need to work with another department, red tape is either at a minimum or non-existent and people are willing to help. No office politics nonsense, people have their roles because they are the person for the job.
Pros
opportunity, great colleagues, great leadership
Cons
no down time while on the job
Great Company with a lot of room to advance!
Assistant Manager Seller Services (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 6, 2018
Vivid Seats is a fast paced, high volume place to work. If you're looking for an "easy" job, this is not for you. If you work hard and show that you're capable of doing the job and you're motivated, you can move up quickly though. The location is prime, with public transport easily accessible. I really enjoyed working in the fast paced environment and my co-workers were great. The work environment can tend to get a little stressful, but the same is true with most jobs. Overall, a great place to work if you're self motivated and really ambitious. The skys the limits as to how far you can advance, if you're willing to work hard.
Pros
Good location, lots of opportunity to advance.
Cons
High paced, stressful at times
Rapid Growth - New Opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
With rapid growth comes new opportunities, the chance to make a difference and impact sales. It's great working for a company that is highly successful and profitable. Upper management is receptive to individual feedback and decisions are made quickly and work is fast-paced.

Lots of amenities including catered lunches, snacks, coffee, occasional happy hours, team outings and lunches, craft beer/bar
Pros
Cons
Nothing at the moment
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Vivid Seats has shown tremendous amount of growth over the past 3-4 years and I really love the fast-paced environment. Management treats you very well and there is a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. If you demonstrate the culture and work ethic, you will be noticed by management and get promoted within the company. This is a very interesting business, but everyone has your back. Ton of perks like free lunches every few weeks, tons of snacks/drinks in the office. I love the office-open floor plan with ping pong tables and other arcade games. The best part of all, the basketball floors in the kitchen. I enjoy coming to work every single day and work along my friends/colleagues. This is by far the best company to work for and if you want to work in a fast-pace environment and grow, Vivid Seats is the place for you!!
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, office space, fast-paced environment
Great company; established industry leader with room for growth
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Having worked in both the call center and the corporate office, my experience is that I've gotten out what I've put into both the company and the opportunities available internally.

I love working with my current team and have had a variety of positive experiences here, however when a company grows as substantially as Vivid Seats there are going to be pain points amidst the opportunities. The past year has brought in a lot of new management, experienced leadership from a variety of large e-commerce and operations centers. In my opinion, I've seen smart decisions made to address the growing pains and keep the company moving forward in both business and technology.

You get great perks both at the call center and corporate office; free snacks, a couple catered lunches per month, solid benefits, and a fun eclectic group of co-workers. Corporate office does get some extra perks that just don't fit at the call center, like the ping pong table and old school arcade games, but both get to enjoy a monthly happy hour to cut loose with said fun co-workers.

Overall, I see great opportunities here for people just starting out in their careers as well as people bringing expertise in their fields. A company that's growing to our scale needs both.
A good fit for smart, ambitious, hard-working people
Corporate (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 5, 2018
Pros

1. Everyone who works here is super smart and super passionate about what they do. You will learn a lot from your coworkers.

2. Lots of advancement opportunities. Promoting from within is common. Management rewards smart, hardworking people. If you work hard and learn from those around you, you'll have lots of opportunities to move up in the company.

3. Attractive pay and benefits!

4. Fun happy hours, company events, great office space... and definitely a fun, interesting group of people to work with.

Cons

This is an intense, fast-paced environment. For the people at Vivid Seats that are successful, this is a "pro" and not a "con". But if that's not your speed, this will not be a fit.
Pros
growing company, dynamic industry, advancement opportunities
Cons
be prepared to work hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivid Seats. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight