Vivint
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Vivint Employee Reviews for Installation Technician

This company is amazing to work for if youre a salesman. I mean even as an installer the only way they appreciate you is if you upgrade upgrade upgrade! If you’re not making revenue on top of fulfilling your installer duties you’re expendable. Over the phone sales reps create a package with the customers over the phone but expect you to go to the site and secure the financing and close out the sale and if you don’t you don’t get paid. Half the time the only reason something cancels is bad salesmanship before you ever meet the customers. I’ve had sales reps instruct me to sign documents in place of customers in order to proceed with the install. The sales reps are just evil slime and basically throw installers at half sold jobs and if one sticks they make upwards of 350 per sale and you make so much less despite being onsite for hours and sometimes days. They don’t pay you hourly unless youre a service tech but the pay isn’t great for them. Installers get paid by the piece so per camera or panel or sensor etc. this basically forces the need to upgrade or sell more product the cust doesn’t need in order for you to make a decent paycheck. They track your hours but only pay you the hourly wage( they never made it clear what it was) if you make more off the hourly than by installing that week. I’ve made as low as 200 one week despite being onsite at jobs that fell through for 60 hours that week trying to save them and get the customers discounts in order to do the install. As a installer you’re required to drive your own vehicle with little reimbursement for gas or wear and tear. - more...
Pros
Quarterly bonuses based on performance. Good money if you’re willing to work long weeks
Cons
Everything else
The pay and work environment was great. The downside was the Albuquerque office shutting down unexpectedly due to future plans to upgrade the existing wireless technology infrastructure.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Office shutdown
I was hired to be a security installer i had very little training no team work at all your peers would use you to help them on jobs where they made useless and didn't offer you squat. Vivint expected you to generate revenue even though they never told you in interview invade your privacy by putting a camera in your work truck without your authorization. Management likes to separate employees so that they can target them. Management shows favoritism towards employees allows them to take off whenever they want and they don't communicate with anyone they are off.Peers will rat you out to move up. Management expects you to reach unattainable goals. No team building you work out of your truck and you are responsible for turning in bad equipment and equipment is mailed to your door no office to report to. Management expects you to drive outside of your area in bad weather conditions and there is no extra pay for travel. Routing does not know how to route will send you wherever. You have to get licensed and there is no training to help you prepare for it. Overall Management is horrible dont waste your time unless you like being a salesman that is the only wat you can move up
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Poor place to work. They remove the best and lie to you the entire way. The Company is built on lies. Better off working for ADT where you're not lied to and treated like garbage if you're not gargling your managers sack lol vivint is a turdhole and im glad to say I've taken every customer I installed for them away!!!
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and my manager was great. I found that the days were very long and the job is not stable enough to give you a set salary every year. I learned a lot of skills I wouldn't have learned and it is a fast way to make money.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Bad management they want you to lie an mislead customers an get them into 5 year contracts . Also wants customers to take out loans for equipment they say is free . If you dont lie an get installs in it will count against in which you will receive a write up
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Mandatory long hours
Great place to work, their a new company so its need a few wrinkles fixed. such as lunch breaks and drive hours. More employee appreciation such as events for all the staff not just management.
Pros
work hours
Cons
healthcare, breaks sucks, management
I gained a lot of great knowledge and experience working with this company. They showed me the importance of innovation and sparked my desire to get back into work in my field.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Daily Inventory
Started around 10 everyday unless it was going to be a busy day because of weekend or known holiday. Then we would gather our supplies and head over to the area of installation. We would wait in queue to get notified of jobs. Once it was our turn, we would head over to the address provided, or to the co-workers' address if working in a team. Install the security system, educate customer and answer any of their question, clean up and get back on the queue ready to take another job. Loved the challenge the job brought as no two homes or customer were the same. Helped me immensely with communication and understanding how to provide excellent customer service. Timing got tough sometimes as customer sometimes wanted late at night installation as that was the only time available for them. And being away from provided lodging meant driving, sometimes for hours, to get back home. The best part about all of this was to be able to see people in different place and different phases of life and to be able to communicate and learn from them and share our own experiences with them.
Pros
Commission based job increased competitiveness
Cons
Travel meant being away from family for the summer unless accompanied by them
I'm torn with this review. On the one hand all the other technicians I worked with at Vivint were awesome, and the paid for accommodation was in shiny new apartments. But the work life balance is horrendous. I know it's what you sign up for and the money is great, but you are basically on call from 11:00am all the way to 11pm, Monday to Saturday. This means you are constantly under stress of getting that next job, and it makes it impossible to plan anything for the whole summer. You'll think that you're clear for a few hours so you go to the gym, nope a job. So you decide you'll just wait around for that next job, but it never comes and you just waste your time. But the real problem was the sales reps. Now there were some decent reps who I really respected. But then there were these sales reps that define sleeze. they would sell to people who had no business getting the system, would lie about what they included in the package and then leave the burden of explaining the price increase on the tech, which often led to some angry customers. Also get ready to put A LOT of kilometers on your own vehicle as you'll be driving all day doing service calls. Anyways, I've been in every type of home and met every type of person so in the end I'd say the experience was worth it. One last thing, If you quit even a day early your bonus is void. Also your bonus is based off customer reviews, which wasn't so bad for me, but some guys would get a 1 because of something the rep did and it would destroy their bonus.
Pros
Accomodation, good times with other techs, differs from a 9-5
Cons
Always on call, restrictive contract, sales reps
Only one manager in region so it is difficult to advance to that level. Lots of freedom and trust to complete the work you are suppsed to do. Great place to work
I enjoyed the everyday challenge and meeting the new customers, installing their security systems and building a relationship with them. Just wish that there was more work available, thats the only reason I left the company.
Great job when you are in college to work in the summer time it givves you the ability to travel the country and see places you normally wouldn;t it also will put some good money in your pocke if you work hard.
Pros
Pay
Cons
time away in the summer
i felt that it wasnt super organized and i didnt know when i was going to work until the night before often times. I got paid pretty well but due to the stress will probably not return to work there.
• Performed in-home sales demonstrations and installations with personalized security solutions that meet customer needs. • Scheduled team meetings and appointments throughout the Monterey and SF bay area • Attended Sales meetings to increase sales opportunities of new security products • Mentored and trained new associates on sales/marketing strategies.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Travel time
Work starts between 9:00am and 12:00pm with receiving the days inventory. Travel to area and when salesmen makes a sell travel to work site and install equipment.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Long days. 8-15 hour days
Vivint is a good company providing a good product and service. Hours are long work week is long and you are away from home. money is based per install.
Travel out of state to work for the summer months. not a steady pay line of work. to many variables and conditions to receive back end pay after summers end.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Seasonal job
While I was working there the company was going through a rebranding so things were a little off kilter, as for the work it was a good company to work for with a good product but in the end there was not any growth potential.
Pros
company car
Cons
rebranding issues with customers
This is a wonderful career for anyone wanting to learna new trade and get a great jumpstart in life. Vivint takes wonderful care of their employees but you will work hard for it.
An excellent place to work. Management and supervisors are very willing to assist and aid technicians with any questions they have. Very eager to promote within the company.
Pros
Mon Through Sat no working late
Cons
Cant really take a lunch
  1. Installation Technician