Vivint Smart Home Employee Reviews

awesome place to work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 13, 2019
You should apply and see for yourself. There are tons of perks, tons of benefits, but overall it is a company that is invested in and focuses on letting you do what you are excited about and interested in then they figure out how to monetize it.
Pros
tons!
Cons
few
Great Job horrible leadership
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2019
Vivint is an awesome company to work for. Great incentives and opportunities to earn extra income. Room for growth is available but usually requires you to relocate.
Management kills the job experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 4, 2019
At first was a decent working experience pay was never the best for all the work you have to do but had a lot of perks they give you a phone iPad ez pass gas card benefits are pretty good coworkers are great always was a team vibe work becomes stressful because equipment never consistently worked you could everything you knew how to do to fix and it still wouldn’t work as it should on top of that your annually raise is based off of your numbers but numbers you can’t control affects you if a customer isn’t home you take a hit number wise management was no help never come to help you in the field just have you call a tech support which tells you to do the same things you already tried to do. All in all I wouldn’t recommend the job you can get paid more elsewhere and have the same stress or less the management really needs to do better and pay mor it could be a good job
This job changed my life.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2019
Vivint changed my life. I went from making $35,000 a year to well in the triple digits. If you work hard this job could definitely change your life. It’s hard but it’s worth it
Pros
The ability to provide for my family in ways I never thought was possible.
Cons
(Nis) inside sales stealing sales from hard working door to door reps.
Unusual Call Center
Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 27, 2019
There is an extreme lack of structure here. Management is no help whatsoever, and you dont get adequate training beforw being tossed on the floor. Attendance policy seems typical but it lacks transparency and tends to vary depending on who is in charge that day. Negative atmosphere, employees tend to be trashy and gross.
Pros
Free meal tickets
Cons
Environment, Structure, unprofessionalism
great place for stater work
installing technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 17, 2019
Great place to work, their a new company so its need a few wrinkles fixed. such as lunch breaks and drive hours. More employee appreciation such as events for all the staff not just management.
Pros
work hours
Cons
healthcare, breaks sucks, management
Fun and friendly work environment with an expectation to overwork
Digital Marketing Analyst | Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 9, 2019
I loved working at Vivint Smart Home as a Data Analyst and Project Coordinator. In my time there I enjoyed lunch with friends, department-wide activities, and free swag. Though the culture was on point the expectation of work there is a little unrealistic. The physical time you are at your desk or at work is worth far more to them then the actual skills, talents, and abilities you bring to the table. If you let them they will suck you dry. So be sure to maintain a strong home/work-life balance boundaries and know your limits.
Pros
Free lunch, free swag, department-wide activities, Pto
Cons
Limited opportunities for growth, unrealistic work standards, stark organizational hierarchy
First year was great. Went down hill fast.
Smart View Specialist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 8, 2019
I was very excited when I first started at Vivint. I was there for 2 years and 11 months. My reasons for leaving were the demands of the industry were were far too demanding. Stress level was through the roof, and company expectations were beyond unreasonable. I was placed into a situation where it was impossible for me to win anymore. I was depressed, irritable and miserable all the time. I hated my job and the management there.

I loved my manager when I started. Buy refusing to impose the unethical work practices that were being required of him, he resigned to take another job. I resigned not long after.
Pros
Amazing benefits for full-time employees, you can typically work from your home, and the hourly wage is great.
Cons
High stress, company demands you work all holidays, including Christmas day and Thanksgiving, you get next to no leniency on absences, or sick days. And it's impossible to ever get time off or trade shifts with anyone ever.
Company has a great culture, best experience anyone could get and the skill set you obtain will take you far in life.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJuly 3, 2019
Vivint has a great culture throughout the company and most of the managers look out for you and want to help out. Furthermore, what you will learn here from perseverance to having the best mindset is easily the best part about the job. The worst part about the job is the living conditions and moving around weekly and always having to eat out since you never had a kitchen. Overall great experience.
Great place, great people
Vivint smart home pro (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 1, 2019
Great place great life, a job where you feel like everyone is your friend and is willing to help in every step of the way. It's hard work, but work worth doing.
Never again
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 26, 2019
Manager always wanting more.....faster....... poor quality equipment.
Manager would not help, he was ALWAYS to busy. I dont see how he had
multiple employees doing his work
Worst decision I EVER made!
Moves (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJune 26, 2019
This is THE ABSOLUTE WORST experience I've EVER had. I have NEVER in my life had so much anxiety. They tell you how "awesome" it is there and how much they "want you to be successful" but, being on the floor lets you know how full of it they actually are. The products are way too expensive, the service is terrible and the moving from home to home experience for customers is horrible. I actually felt sorry for those people who paid upwards of $2000 to $4000 or more for equipment that isn't that great to begin with. They can get equipment and service for less than half of what vivint charges. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!
If you enjoy lying to people work here!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 23, 2019
They give you lots of “training” which is all lies to tell people to get them to buy the overpriced services and products. Complete garbage that doesn’t actually do anything we tell customers it will, then what does work they will discontinue and change the service on the customers making the customer angry and upset with you. Better alarm companies out there to work for and better Smarthome products sold at your local Super Center
Hard to get help
Smart secure specialists (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2019
I do customer service work at home position and if I didn't have an answer or I need to put something on hold for a supervisor even if it wasn't something about me it's really hard to get help they won't take the calls even if you do get a supervisor to help.
Hard place to work.
Customer Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 21, 2019
I was excited in the initial interview to join the company, but long story short, was lied to multiple times to make it seem better than it was. Was told would work one Saturday every 4 works. Been working one every other week. Told that holidays would be off. Work holidays. Those aren’t big issues, but it’s just that I was lied to. Management frequently let’s you know you are easily replaceable. Not a good work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very demanding, lying management
Stressful and Shady
Customer Loyalty/ Retention (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 21, 2019
Shady managers and you're never sure if you'll have a job the next day due to their RIDICULOUS policies. The pay isn't great either for what you deal with. The people I worked with where awesome! the facility is beautiful, BUT! The management wasn't great what so ever. I and 11 other people began our training on June 10th, 2019 and we all were told to be there 90 days with no absences which wasn't a problem. The day before my last day, we had only gone over 1 lesson and the rest of the day was lunch breaks and just sitting around, we Y-jacked (trained by watching how licensed customer loyalty handle and do their jobs) for 30 minutes and went home.. So you know, our typical training day was accomplishing AT LEAST 6 lessons a day, that's when everyone knew that something was off.. Then, one of my coworkers was standing close to our instructor and heard her talking about how all of us were to be let go soon and ti was proven to be correct a few days later.. SHADY and UNACCEPTABLE. These people that were let go have families to pay for, we have responsibilities as adults and I can't believe that it was acceptable to these people to hire not one.. not 2 but 3 classrooms full of people and let go of 3/4 of them after hire. When we are hired, we are looking to stay and work our butts off and it is unreal that this happened.
Pros
The facility is nice
Cons
Shady management.
Vaery fast paced company
Feild service pro (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2019
This is a great place to work but, management made it very difficult to focus at the task they put forth, it's like they give you something to focus on then the following week they take it back, and say dont look at this anymore pay attention to these now...
Pros
Company vehicle/gas card
Cons
Micro many/pay
Short Job
INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2019
I gained a lot of great knowledge and experience working with this company. They showed me the importance of innovation and sparked my desire to get back into work in my field.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Daily Inventory
Used to be Good
Account Creation Agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 9, 2019
I worked at Vivint for a year and a half, and the culture was fun. It was probably the best job I'd ever had! But then the OM gathered us all in one area and told us our department was being dissolved because "we were too efficient" and costing the company money.

Our choice was to either be let go or join a different department.

I watched Vivint go from a company that cared about its employees to just another call center.
Loud all play workplace until you go knock door to door to sell.
Vivint Smart Home Pro (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2019
Was told you get a Ipad and name badge to knock &sell but never got one nor did I get a dime to travel which they also say is covered. They just told me the starter kit keeps getting rerouted in transit. FOR 2-3 MONTHS WORKING THERE...Travel money was promised. Never got it. I think due to the young management, their always airy in the head and very spacey. They claim in meetings that they have low IQ..like it's a joke to them they do. Pretty funny till you realize how low it is. Most are on substances if you get to know them well enough.

It's a multi marketing scheme simply. The managers are just the ones who brought in a whole lot of people. So they make money off everyone below them. And your recruiter also gets from what you make in sales. And a lot of the pay isn't up front. You get a backend check in july. They hold some money in case you trash a hotel or something. Or so they say. They bribed the team with cheap vivint hats, socks, shirts and bags for a moral booster. Notting special but the managers try to get us hype about getting they cheap gear by hooting and chanting. I never did. Great sales training but it gets SUPER hard to hear over all they playing around and over talking CONSTANTLY. And many managers recruit off Craig's list to get a lot more people under them ALOT faster. Then boost their team to boost their pocket.

Oh yeah they expect you to sleep in a bed with other people during travel. Big company yes, but treat you like children. Its covered but you have to sleep in a bed at that at garbage hotels in rough parts of town. Then they'll tell you
  more... "it never happens like this"...but it does. Really was the worst work experience sugar coated to look super cool and fulfilling. Now to think of it even the person that brought me in is broke. Super broke. He just feel I love with the laid back hippe culture. On average they make 26K a year. I made 24 in air conditioning. If I went again I'd recommend bringing a lot of money for travel.  less
Pros
Work alone and sell alone. Travel
Cons
Upper management are bearded children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Smart Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.6Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss