Vivint Smart Home Employee Reviews for Customer Support Representative

Great Company
Customer Care & Tech Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTSeptember 4, 2018
Everyone at this company was both helpful and caring. I would love to work for them again. They care about their employees and their families.They have opportunities to help you improve yourself and your job.
Best place with the best supervisors
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 22, 2018
My husband is actually the one who works at Vivint, and I sing praises to the company everyday. My husband has seizures and they have worked with us and helped us throughout all the doctor appointments, therapy, and unexpected during-work seizures in which he has had to go home early. His supervisor is the kindest person and has always made a way for my husband to still get his 40 hours and rearrange his schedule in a way that works. I understand that this flexibility cannot be granted to everyone, but in our time of need and unexpected bumps in the road, Vivint has been the best to work with. I am forever grateful for this company. They are the BEST. Great hours, pay, insurance, benefits.
Pros
Good job that can lead to a career if desired.
Questionable company
Customer support tier 4 (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 21, 2018
Sales and installers get away with murder and customer support reps get the brunt of this issue.

Not murder literally just figurative and in all honesty they don't care about their employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
lying cheats and conmen
Fun workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJune 8, 2018
It's a fun environment. They have a pool and ping pong table. The company offers good benefits, however, it is hard to move up positions. Managers don't seem to want their employees to move up.
Great Job Opportunity
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTMay 14, 2018
I loved working here. The employees were awesome to work with and I loved getting to befriend the workers in the office. I learned a lot working here. And I developed great personable skills.
Best Call Center Out There
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 20, 2018
Out of any call center, this one is the best. You are treated so much better here than any other. They are a great company to work for, very willing to work with you. The pros really outweigh any cons (if you could think of many past 'grumpy phone customers').
Pros
Meal tickets, variety of shifts, advancement opportunities, good training
fun work place
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 29, 2018
The job is very easy and fun but if you get bored of doing the same things over and over again then this is not the job for you.I liked the environment and the coworkers are nice .
Very Cutthroat
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 22, 2017
I started in the call center and the first two weeks of training, our trainer decided not to tell us everything we needed to know so we we very unprepared to work.
Fun people, poor management
Internet Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 27, 2017
To expand: the people you will work with are great (at least on the internet side). Everyone is pretty open minded and chill. Management, however, like to think themselves infallible and if you ever bring anything up that you believe they do wrong, it's an instant write up for "insubordination." You are not allowed to have any sort of negative opinion on any processes because you will be labeled as "entitled" and immediately lose any possibility of advancing. The Team Leads (over the T1s) are buddy buddy with their manager from a previous job so they have no repercussions for anything they do. If you ever approach a TL with a question, they get annoyed that you interrupted them watching youtube and almost refuse to assist you. And if you have the audacity to have an escalated call, they will just circumvent every company policy, that you just told the customer as reasons why you could not do a particular thing, and force you to break said policies so they don't have to actually do any work and can continue watching sports center. If you don't care about that, then go ahead and work here. I have been here for over a year and been demoted for sins that these same managers commit on a daily basis. Pay is alright though for the low amount of call volume. A monkey could do this job though. "Unplug it. Plug it back in. That worked? Cool bye," and so on.
Pros
People, meal tickets, Vto
Cons
Management sucks
Fast
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 8, 2017
You answer phone calls your whole shift trying to fix people problems with the security product. Managers work well to help you with any question you have.
Fun Environment with nice people.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 30, 2017
I think Vivint is great. You earn free meals and get free coffee and soft drinks. Food is great in the cafateria and you can get it made to order like a restaraunt. The work itself is fast paced and pretty busy but leaves you feeling really good after every issue resolution. People are very nice and the supervisors are so awesome. They look out for you and do what they can to help you. It is a great job and does lead to a full on career. You work direct for the company instead of being in an outsourced call center environment so it makes moving up into higher and more secure positions easier. In a nutshell, if you want a career oriented job that you will enjoy, go put in an application.
Pros
Free lunches and drinks
Cons
Call volume can sometimes be overwhelming.
fun enviroment free soda
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTAugust 9, 2017
i enjoyed my time at vivint. the only downside was the downtime during off seasons sometimes we went 30 minutes between calls... but the managers were super cool about a lot of things so that was nice
Pros
free soda
Cons
sometimes its boring
A techie place to work
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 1, 2017
A knowledge of how the product works is essential. Training is paid for and the trainers are excellent. Very fast paced. Customers really like a person who can connect with them and help them with their problems not just hurry through phone calls.
A great place to work
Customer Care Representative/ QRF Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 21, 2017
Vivint it is a great place to work. They have competitive salaries and great benefits, very family oriented.
Management has always been supportive and they make sure you are comfortable working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
na
Productive work environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 2, 2017
• Easy
• have to challenge yourself with goals
• Love the people I work with
• You learn how to multitask. How to speak to a customer.
• The hardest part would have to be learning new equipment in one week.
Pros
Food, PTO whenever you want (if you have hours to use), awesome people to work with, good pay for what you do.
Cons
Na
Good People, Hard life
Customer Care representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTSeptember 19, 2016
This company has amazing management, but the options for time off or benefits is ridiculously hard to get. They are rigid in their schedules and not willing to work with customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no time off, weird schedules
Good company supported employees
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 23, 2016
Over the phone support was good. Provided meals for employees during breaks. Coffee as well, was a good place to work. Wish I could go back.
Disorganized
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJune 3, 2016
There was a lot of chaos with regard to organization and making the customers happy. Some of the equipment they sell is of questionable integrity.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Angry customers
Good work environment with free lunches
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2016
I was on the phones all day every day talking to customers, helping them with security system problems and issues with their accounts. I learned a lot about speaking to people over the phone and how to effectively give instructions to people who are not necessarily used to doing repairs on equipment. The management was helpful, and would answer questions almost as soon as they came to them. The co-workers were all on the phones all day, so I didn't get to know them very well. The hardest part of the job was being on the phones with people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free lunch every day at the in house restaurant and some of the interesting customers I got to speak to.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, overtime during the summer
Cons
The starting work hours, I started with the 4-1am shift
Great Place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 25, 2015
Depending on what schedule you prefer for yourself, it's an awesome place to work at. Great place. Very happy and lots of people around and help is always a phone call away.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Upset Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Smart Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.6Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss