Vivint Smart Home Employee Reviews

Abysmal Management, Waste of Time Opportunity
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 17, 2019
Want exaggerated claims, false promises? This is the place for you?

Need to find out for yourself? Sigh....go ahead....

Avoid this opportunity at ALL costs. Run away, far away.
Pros
Can't think of one good thing
Cons
Teribble management, no training, no money
Commission only job great product unrealistic expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2019
Commission only position any deal you give the customer you lose it in commission dollar for dollar.

Meetings everyday and role play
No one lasts very long
Summer teams are real sleaze balls and young punks
Pros
Cons
Meetings and role play, poor commission structure, lied to about the averages
good place to start
Contract Processor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 15, 2019
this was my first job outside of high school. it was a great place to start, and to learn how to balance work and life. Since most employees are younger, they can sometimes treat you like a child.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micro management
Kpi
CSR (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 8, 2019
Everything was based on KPI stats, unattainable goals that make others cheat to get better stats. Doing the minimum to get the fastest times while increasing call resolutions.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Unattainable goals
Fast pace high energy company
Customer Solutions Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTMay 7, 2019
I love working for Vivint SmartHome. It has provided me with the opportunity to further my leadership skills and has a great work/life balance. Vivint SmartHome has given me the opportunity to increase my network and helps further my career.
Pros
Cafe, great medical benefit, matching 40k, Hsa, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Compensation for mid to upper management
Fun culture, if you are a bro.
DESKTOP SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTApril 22, 2019
I enjoyed working at Vivint, but always felt as though it was impossible to move up in the company. They like to play favorites and don't really look out for the support staff. They prefer to make the sales guys happy and step on the people required the keep the company running.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not great raises or room to move up.
Exciting and innovative place to work
EMPLYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 16, 2019
They value your ideas and strive to make the work environment fun and causal. Free meal tickets for on-site cafe is amazing. Great environment and wonderful people.
Pros
Free lunches and workout facility
Great place to work, travel and meet new people
Installation Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604April 5, 2019
Started around 10 everyday unless it was going to be a busy day because of weekend or known holiday. Then we would gather our supplies and head over to the area of installation. We would wait in queue to get notified of jobs. Once it was our turn, we would head over to the address provided, or to the co-workers' address if working in a team. Install the security system, educate customer and answer any of their question, clean up and get back on the queue ready to take another job. Loved the challenge the job brought as no two homes or customer were the same. Helped me immensely with communication and understanding how to provide excellent customer service. Timing got tough sometimes as customer sometimes wanted late at night installation as that was the only time available for them. And being away from provided lodging meant driving, sometimes for hours, to get back home. The best part about all of this was to be able to see people in different place and different phases of life and to be able to communicate and learn from them and share our own experiences with them.
Pros
Commission based job increased competitiveness
Cons
Travel meant being away from family for the summer unless accompanied by them
Great place to learn new skills
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 4, 2019
It’s tough working in sales; Especially when you only get commission, but Vivint gives you all the tools you need to succeed. You can even have an experienced salesperson help you out in the field.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No salary
Overall an amazing company
Door to door salesman (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTMarch 30, 2019
I spent most of my time selling door to door. However I did work In the call center. Great pay, great perks and always room to advance. Vivint will be around for many years.
Vivint is door to door
Sales Team Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLMarch 27, 2019
Door to door sales, commission only. Sometimes hard to get paid on sales you've made. Expect not to be paid on at least 10% of the money you earn. I spent the last year working for them and I will day I learned a lot about sales but the company pay structure is designed specifically to keep every dollar they can in any grey area of the job, for which there are many.
Smart Home Pro (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 26, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Vivint. I would welcome the opportunity to return. I never got paid what I felt was fair but my schedule was cool. My FSM was a total.
Underhanded practices
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 25, 2019
Management is not transparent and never takes the time to develop or help. Immature practices and knee jerk changes that are not founded in facts for implementation.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Liars and cheats
A very relaxed and laid back environment. Not enough work in the gallup n.m. area to provide 40 hrs. per week. Required travel to farmington and abq.
Field Service Pro (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMMarch 22, 2019
I enjoyed working for Vivint for two years. The manager for this area has high, sometimes unrealistic expectations but if you apply yourself and make an honest effort you'll enjoy working for him. I have a family and was not able to keep up with the financial demands on the hours I was getting. This is a great opportunity for someone young and single or in a household with multiple incomes.
Pros
Company vehicle. Self supervision. Paid time off. Holiday pay. Four day weeks. Very flexible.
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement.
Lack of advancement
SMART HOME INSTALLER/LEAD TECH/ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 7, 2019
Only one manager in region so it is difficult to advance to that level. Lots of freedom and trust to complete the work you are suppsed to do. Great place to work
my take on “the Viv”
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTMarch 6, 2019
Somewhere along the way, the department I work in forgot their duty is to -h e l p- our customers. A study shows, this is the main reason for their call 100% of the time. The ‘leadership’ - those watching music videos & playing around with the wooden paddle being passed around until someone has a question - are solely focused on your daily numbers which allows them to keep their -challenging- careers. Not saying your daily numbers are not of importance, they are. However, without our customers those numbers do not exist. The thing I am realizing is this department has become so focused on the numbers, they have forgotten how to help our customers. I can go into so much detail about the way things are done and the way things should be but I’ve already brought it to my ‘leadership’s’ attention and nothing came from it. Maybe because this would actually cause for them to do their job.

If you have a helping heart and are able to realize when someone is in need, this could be where you make a difference to the customers who call and get you on the phone. This could also be the place you feel so helpless because you can’t answer all the calls yourself to help them all which is what it has turned into for me.
Pros
Meal Tickets
Cons
Money Driven
typical door to door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2019
your average door to door sales gig. no pay unless you make sales. difficult learning curve and most people are very suspicious of you. You shadow someone for like a day and then expected to go out and produce.
Run from this place
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 3, 2019
They're currently paying work from home people 11 bucks an hour and letting them go, to hire people near the main office for $13.50. Their official policies are to not send repair trucks unless absolutely necessary (someone threatening to cancel) same goes with someone asking to speak with a manager. It's also policy to not fully give all the info on canceling service unless the caller knows the exact questions to ask THEN you have to tell them because of federal requirements.

They have frequent issues with their time clock system, firewall, email and the troubleshooting flows for technical issues. ANYTIME you have to transfer someone you have to log a case, then fill out a separate form for transfer approval. Other depts transfer into you randomly and toss you problems with no accountability, Loyalty loves to promise free tech trips to de-escalate then send them to you with no warning.
Pros
Cons
being expected to lie to people to cover blatant mistakes
Well Done for Security Sales!
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJFebruary 27, 2019
Fun job with great leadership. Great product (I even bought a system myself!!) and detailed sales training that will last you for a lifetime! I recommend this job to anyone that thinks they are sell.
Not a career
Security & Smart Home Technician (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 23, 2019
Vivint is a good company to work for straight out of High school as a technician but as they have grown over the past couple of years they have cut many of the perks that made it such a great company to work for. They refuse to pay based on cost of living in most states. This position is not a career and the opportunity to advance within just isn't there.
Pros
Work truck, phone, and ipad provided
Cons
Inadequate Pay, Excessive use of flawed metrics, Lack of communication between departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Smart Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.6Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss