Vivint Smart Home Employee Reviews

Worked to the bone, be the lapdogs for the sales reps
Security System Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 29, 2019
Direct To Home Technician. This company position has you working 8-12 hour days 6 days a week sometimes working past midnight. If something sells at 11:30pm you have to do it. Every year they try and decrease the pay levels for technicians even though you cant get a raise if you don't make manager after three years. Plus the blitz salesmen that you work with are some of the worst people i have ever had the displeasure of being around. Though technically their job is parallel to DTH the act like you work for them, which is something the company seems to push even though its not listed in the company structure. And they win paid vacations for meeting their incentives while DTH employees win hats, HATS vs paid vacations for people who live with us on the job. In summary work DTH, be underpaid, overworked, and ignored by the company
Pros
they pay for your rent if youre good enough at your job
Cons
terrible company culture, overwork, limited room for advancement
Prodctive, hardworking, innovative enviroment
Summer Sales-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2019
working outside knocking door to door to sell smart home security. days can get long but you learn true grind, work ethic, customer service, you learn more of yourself. They provide lots of training material and training to those starting out but it truly is what you out into it.
Pros
You can make as much money or as little as you want depending how hard you work
Cons
commission based
Just a number
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 18, 2019
Vivint was a good company, working to many hours to reach income needed to meet my budget. Went through 8 managers in 4 years. Was hurt and now I'm being blackballed. once reaching higher pay they changed the system to numbers game and loss a lot of money due to reduction of bonus system. I liked this company at first then changes became drastic, everything based on a numbers game. I was ranked in the top of the technicians in the company. They say they care about family and their employees. I even donated part of my pay to help others in community and in the company. When I was hurt on the job site they started to push me out the door. took 2 months to get workman's comp payments. I was already in trouble with bills, getting behind and had to sell my home I was building as I couldn't afford to finish, and pay rent. I reached out to the company and to fellow employees, and management. I received no support during hard times and now I'm in a battle just to get surgery on my shoulder.
Sad to say I am regretting taken this position and now have to start over with another company. At my age that is not easy to do.
Pros
Cons
No lunch, on the road for 300 to 500 miles a day. poor management. numbers company.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 15, 2019
don’t ever work here it’s terrible no money here lost of hrs sales rep give you jobs at 11pm the job takes 4 hrs to complete and your in ppl house at 3 am and 4 am and on top of that they want you at the office at 7am yea ok I quit that place first week
Pros
No way
Cons
Don’t work here
What could have been
Inventory Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY 12110January 11, 2019
Vivint was an amazing place to work before they started to shut offices down. Like most solar companies, they grew so quickly then imploded I enjoyed my time there and wish they lasted, but life moves on.
Positive
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 8, 2019
Learned to not only be content, but to grow, be accountable for my own personal work and knowledge, help others and be happy with that work. I learned how to be a leader.
nice company
customer support representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
The job is not difficult but can be if you do not pay attention during training. You should be prepared to learn as much as you can about their security system because it's a lot of information, especially if you have no personal experience with home security systems.
Pros
company seems nice, working from home
Cons
you may not be smart enough to advance to the next level, like a video game haha
I thought I was going to be there for my entire career
Advanced Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 1, 2019
When I initially started working here I loved the job and the culture. Over the last few months, however, there were too many changes that happened too quickly. The higher ups did not provide the trust and support we needed as employees. I do not love my job there anymore and I feel betrayed by the company.
fun and casual place
Account manager/sales representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 30, 2018
typical working day varies on your own motivation. you learn sales and management skills. The environment of the workplace is very supportive. career advancement is basically guaranteed if you're a very good worker.
System is great management is the worst
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2018
If you are not a favorite you won’t go anywhere in this company and let go for any reason they can make up the are good to get your license in fasa/basa.
Pros
Good pay and work truck
Cons
Management is sooo good ol boy system
It’s an okay company
Smart Home Pro/Security advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2018
Management can be discouraging at times. Even though Vivint is overall a good company the manager can cause it to be very stressful. Overall with better management I would say Vivint is amazing
Pros
3 days off
Incredible Opportunity
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604December 11, 2018
For those who believe that anything is possible if they put in the effort and rely on the experience of others, this opportunity is unmatched. If you rely on their systems and take full advantage of the mentor-ship and training available you can make incredible money that almost feels too good to be true.

Having worked in a corporate setting with a cap, I can appreciate the way vivint pay is structured, especially for non-salary based pay schedules. The percentage paid for each account generated is unmatched anywhere in any sales organization.
Pros
Free lunches, incredible mentor-ship, unmatched personal incentives and company activities & incredible compensation for performance
Cons
Sales is a tough job, especially with cold calling.
Not what you are promised or what you sign up for.
Pro (Current Employee) –  VariousDecember 10, 2018
Do not waste your time with this company. The upper management is cutthroat and will find ways to get rid of you no matter what. They watch your every move, don't say anything and when you go 2 miles over speed limit BAM they get you. Young managers who have never managed people before, have no leadership skills or even degrees but are brought in to take over teams. Managers rotate the most because of this. When you get a good manager who is there for the pros, and customers they get rid of them. Do not try and excel, its all the who knows who and who kisses what butt here. Pay changes all the time..Don't expect anyone to care, as the company is only ramping up to be sold. They feed you the good stuff before they do an employee engagement survey, then fall back on their words after so that they can look good for Blackstone and their possible buyers. They will do whatever they can to get the contracts with customers which includes, lying, paying off, then forging documents so that they can get commission. As long as they are selling they keep them, hide things for them and protect them. Its a numbers game, and it shouldn't be. It use to be about protecting the customers, making sure to simplify their life.Now its lie about how our product doesn't work, do what you have to do to get them to sign. Equipment is known not to work and several recalls have been done that customers do not know about. Batteries swelling and causing fires, cameras not recording, firmware locking up and disarming systems, panels not connected properly or even registered on monitoring centers. The field  more... service knows but are forced to install and lie to your face. You call, you complain but they give away free months and try to sweep it under the rug. Avoid if you can, don't apply for a position, don't get a system with this company. Both will leave you high and dry. Take it from someone who bought in, did everything they could and went above and beyond. Something had to give.  less
Pros
Use to be many...now not so much
Cons
Lots of them..
Amazing job
SmartHome Pro (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 9, 2018
Vivint is an amazing company to work for. The job is fun and the incentives are amazing. Company pay is on par for what i was doing. I loved this job however they closed this deptartment
Fun upbeat environment, not for everyone.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 6, 2018
Vivint is primarily represented by sales professionals that for the most part carry themselves high and mighty over everyone else. Unfortunately, upper management allows these employees to do whatever they would like regardless of the implications to other departments or operations. This attitude and culture does not bond well with my desired work environment.
good temporary job
Took incoming calls from sales man (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 3, 2018
The pay was good here and after the first few weeks of getting used to things the job was easy. We received free meals for every 8 hours worked which to me was a huge benefit.
Good first job. Not a career.
Account Creation Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 3, 2018
For someone who was just getting their feet wet in the professional adult world, this job was only okay. But it falls flat in the ways that all large companies do.
Awesome alarm system
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 3, 2018
Takes really great care for their customers. Always stays on top of their product. Loving the dedication of coworkers. Always had incentives. Stayed connected to their empolyees.
Nice Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTNovember 30, 2018
Vivint Smart Home is a great place to work. There is a little learning curve in the beginning but because of the great benefits and treatment, you begin to understand why so many love working here!
Love it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 25, 2018
I would highly recommend Vivint. It was the best job I have ever had. I learned a lot there like to help me outside work as well. They have amazing benefits and perks. The management is amazing as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Smart Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.6Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss