Vivint Solar Employee Reviews

Great company. Highly recommend working for the company.
Director, Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 13, 2018
Culture is to work hard and play hard. Management team is exceptional. Everyone I worked with was exceptional. Would highly recommend working for this company.
Productive fun work enviroment - high pressure sales
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 6, 2018
If you are willing to work 10 hours a days 6 days a week, this is the job for you. Excellent pay structure, fun culture, excellent benefits. Self driven door-to-door sales.
Place is bad
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 28, 2018
This place make you slave and fire you like piece of s..
Even the managers trying to be nice when in your back talking and being b...s about you.
They think with 2 man crews is going to work and make miracles ? naw. This is a Horrible place .
Pros
No enough people
Cons
They make you work like a slave even weekends
Best company to work for hands down!
Regional Recruiter/Admin (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2018
Vivint Solar is the real deal. You 100% get out what you put in. The incentives and commissions are structured to reward your efforts and the products are quality. I believe the greatest thing about working at Vivint Solar is the culture. The environment and culture at VSLR are positive and competitive. I love the incentives and the fact that the leadership leads from the front and sells with the team. You feel like you are part of something and your efforts matter.
Pros
Uncapped Pay, Culture, Leadership, Quality Training, Travel, Flexible Schedules
Cons
not in every state yet
Great job
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 22, 2018
Really fun work. Hard as heck, but rewarding. They pay great, and they have more work than they know what to do with. Overall it was a great company and a great experience.
Great community and understanding management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 19, 2018
I really liked working there. The only issue was the opportunity to grow. After working there for almost 9 months, I feel like there is no possibility to grow.
Avoid This Company
Customer Service Email Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 11, 2018
Two words, Charles Manchinski, he did this same thing to me and many others, if he does not like you he will force you out of a job. I did nothing wrong according to company policy, which is the law in the companies eyes, yet he somehow swung a left, and pulled trickery to boot me out. I checked the legality of his actions on "firing me", and it seems there was no legal reason or any reason since I was following Company Policies.

So Beware, even if you follow Company Policies, like I did, you will possibly get fired for doing your job.....
Pros
Free Lunch, if it does not make you sick....
Cons
Poor Management.
Fun place
Customer Solutions Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UT 84043October 8, 2018
I liked the free lunches, and the building itself was super modern and a good environment. I felt like the work was a build overwhelming at times, but also felt like I was achieving my goals in a timely manner and understanding more about the company.
Love working at Vivint Solar!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 8, 2018
Great culture with a growing company. Lots of opportunities for advancement / movement if you want it. Nice perks like free lunches, events and fun swag.
Pros
Great leadership, exciting project opportunities, career development
Cons
Would like a 401K match
Promised a position that was never given
Lead inspection supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 29, 2018
When I started at Vivint I was offered a safety position at a higher rate of pay. Once I started with the company the pay promised never came through. The job still turned out to be pretty solid but I was lied to when getting the job.
False promises dont trust management.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 28, 2018
You work long hours 6 days a week sometimes 7 they dont care about your personal life their moto is this isint a job its a lifestyle. I worked 3 years for them gave them my all to find out a new hire with no experience was getting paid way more than me, they will literally work you to the point of quitting. Im being 100% honest the warehouse aspect of the company is unorganized and and dishonest everyday was something new you always walked in blinsided.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
To many to mention.
Friendly and helpful work environment
Quality Control Design Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 18, 2018
Work as an individual but can always get help from friendly co-workers. Always felt like it was friendly place to work. Management is constantly offering training and make sure you have what you need to succeed in the job.
Pros
Breaks when you need them, company pays for lunch, friendly workplace environment, clear daily work goals
Cons
Constant policy changes sometimes make it hard to keep up, system for work sometimes has two people working on the same project while only one can get credit
Not a place to grow
Inspection Technician (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJSeptember 13, 2018
They do good work when it comes to installs but you have to be a but kisser in order to move up there is no real reason to try harder because they will not reward you if they do like your personality even if you are a hard worker.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 7, 2018
In the heart of silicon slopes. The CEO is amazing and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this startup. Free lunch is always a plus. Great culture
Great company, poor local culture
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 31, 2018
The overall culture here seems amazing. The local office lacks the same appeal. The desire to change this on a corporate level does not seem to be there.
Pros
Completely flexible schedule
Cons
Completely 1099
Run
Bilingual Customer Service Tier 3 Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 29, 2018
If you know what’s good for you . Don’t work here
They don’t know what they are doing , they don’t listen, training is horrible and the customers are horrible and you don’t know what to tell them except excuses.
Pros
Got call center experience
Cons
Too many to write
Life at Vivint Solar
PHOTOVOLTAIC PERMIT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 18, 2018
It mostly pretty laid back, so as your hitting your production. They have some pool tables and a basket ball court, as well as a cafeteria and a little coffee shop.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Quotas
Opportunity to make a great living doing good for anyone willing to learn the craft.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 14, 2018
Going door to door isn't for everyone, but if you like the idea of offering people a product that will save them significantly and help the planet at the same time, then this could be the job for you. The earning potential is huge, and the work culture is fun and exciting.
Great company
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 4, 2018
Good money to be won here. There is a lot of work specially in the south bay. No matter what happens you would be expected to work and also be responsible for your own actions
PV Designer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 25, 2018
They offered a number of perks and most of the people I worked with were good people.
The largest drawback is that there is frequent restructuring. This is just a side effect of being a new company that is learning the most efficient way to run itself.
Pros
Free lunches, rec center
Cons
frequent internal restructuring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Solar. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight