Vixxo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
a very and productive place to work and employee friendly
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2018
I am a billing coordinator and I enjoy going to work each morning. being with Vixxo I have learned a lot about the corporate process and billing. I respect all management and they all are great.
there really is not a hard part to my job we are all like a family and work together
Pros
lots of lunch specials on holidays
Fast Paced - Day Goes Quickly
Service Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
A typical day for me at Vixxo is work work work. The day is always busy and goes by very fast. If you like to stay busy this is the place for you. Management is always around and helpful.
Pros
fast paced and cleam environment
Cons
working every weekend
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
Vixxo was the best job I ever had and when the shutdown the Orlando FL office I felt like I just got a stab deeply in my chest with a cutting knife.if anyone working for vixxo right now stay there because I don't want you to regret it the way I do right now.
Pros
Free lunch, always celebrate holiday, lay back job.
A good company to work for
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 26, 2018
Vixxo is a good company to work for. Very laid back while working. Pay could be more. Do a lot with the associates. The job itself isn't bad, very repetitive.
Maintenance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 2, 2018
Setup repairs for the McDonald's Corp -USA
AC/Heat, fryer,
Call vendors for ETA
Work with managers at location.
Update spreadsheet
Call locations for update on ETA
Pros
Call center
Cons
layoff
It was a fun job until we lost are client .
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
I had a good run here, but management changed and things went in a direction i did not want to go. They are currently going through some restructuring hope it works out as they were a good company .
Great place to work, but be wary of closing accounts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2018
Great coworkers who cared about you. Wonderful, professional work environment. I enjoyed working there, however they sacked nearly two dozen people after telling them they had 3 months to look for other employment. And sacked them after 30 days.
It was a job
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDFebruary 1, 2018
Adequate pay for what was required, but little communication and support from HQ.

The local unit was good, and local management was on target.

Nationally the company has a good plan, but I find it doubtful that current leadership can execute it. There is no effort to promote from within. The good jobs go to outside options, who then bring in more from outside. So it's a place to come in as high as possible and get out as soon as you can.

Also the hiring practices are quite shabby, as they often do not even interview or respond to internal candidates. Their HR department is often late for interviews, and unprepared (as in they haven't even looked at your resume). They don't have a process, and don't seem to have any real involvement in the process.

HR also is in charge of training, and they do it poorly. The classes are not designed well, are done for a group in person where the trainer is, with others simply listening in from remote locations. The classes could be cut, and a handout, and hands on would be more effective. They have a long way to go before you could say they have a training program.

They have a great system concept for managing their work process, but they don't have an understanding of how to develop with the end user in mind, and there is no evidence of any testing as every release leads to major issues and system outages. They continue down a path that makes the system hard for the end users in the field to use the portal, there seems to be little interest in finding what will work and implementing it.

Basically the company has
  more... some good ideas, and is in an industry where growth is a real potential. However, they do not seem up to the task of executing the plan, and don't seem to have any interest in finding the individuals that could help them execute it.  less
Pros
Good PTO and Benefits
Cons
Poor Organization, Poor Training, Little Chance to Progress.
No job security
Customer Service Representative Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 1, 2018
4 months after I get hired on, I get laid off because we lost the contract I was hired to work on. It was a big contract too. The company told us we'd have enough work for another 4 months, but a month after they dropped the bomb on us, we were laid off.

A friend of mine was able to move to a different project, but the company lost THAT contract and now there in the process of lay-offs again.

That was not a job I wanted to stay at because everyday I would be worried about being pulled into a team meeting where they tell us they've lost yet another contract.
Stay Away !!!
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 11, 2018
All I can say is this company has no job security. I worked there two times and was laid off both times. The best part of this job was the people I worked with, other than that there wasn’t much good about the job or company. I was a Team Lead for over 4 years, in the time frame I had no life because all the company cared about waswhether I was working or not...you are on call 24/7 365 !!! You get calls all night on your cell and are expected to answer them so you get little sleep then work all day in the office. The pay was ok.. The Management Team was good and bad depending on who you had as a Manager. I would not recommend this company to anyone unfortunately...no job security at all !!
Pros
Work with nice people ( Co workers)
Cons
No job security, Poor Management, You are worked to death.
Open concept teamwork company.
Regional Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2018
The company is laid back in a sense the employees can enjoy ping pong and a cafe with drinks. A typical day is working as a team to reach our goals we set out for ourselves.
Management has an open door policy and they are there to support you.
Growing Company
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2018
The company is growing in a very exciting direction - there are many challenges to growth which caused great stress on those who are looking to make the best of the growing pains.
Pros
Culture, People, Management
Cons
Stress, Job Duties Always Increasing, Slow Advancement
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 1, 2018
5 stars! Good benefits and great staff. Work home life balance is definitely a priority here. Management is very helpful and kind. Would recommend this place!
Good pay, but no job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 15, 2017
The starting pay for most positions is decent and the benefits are inexpensive with good coverage. However, the culture is forced and although they want everyone to follow their core values, the upper management and executives do not.

There is no job security. At any time, they could move a team to another center or lose a contract with a client and lay off a whole team.

Very little opportunity to move up. Work environment is stressful for those who are constantly hustling to keep their jobs but relaxed for those who are secure in their contract. This difference of attitudes makes certain departments clash.
Pros
Good starting pay, inexpensive benefits
Cons
Lack of upward movement and job security
Reasonable place to get a check
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2017
Pay was good. Direction sometimes unclear. Hired several upper management personnel while leaving the lower positions vacant leaving everyone more work to do in the same amount of time.
Pros
good benefits, quick increase in PTO
Cons
Trying to do too many things in the allotted 8 hours
Its Ok
Invoice Specialist, L2 (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2017
Decent job only. This company is only a stepping stone to further your career while gaining great experience. Management is never there but still manage to be micro managers. The work is easy and the atmosphere is relax most times. You are over worked and underpaid and the CEO only cares about profit and not his employees.
Work at your own pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I was trained by sitting next to a rep for two days then they pushed me on to my work. a lot of office drama and there was no escaping it. The managers would get involved as well. Director Of Operations also had a lot of favorites.
Immorality and blatant favoritism in the work place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 24, 2017
No one is held to a defined standard of rules and expectations. If you are one of the manager's favorites, you can basically get away with murder. No person is expected to be punctual. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance (or lack thereof) and the constant outbursts tolerated by management from other associates. Truly one of the most toxic work environments.
Review Summary
Coffee, Brewer, Grinder Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2017
I love working for VIXXO. I have learned how to fix the Mastrena Espresso Machine's at Starbucks, how they function, how to fix the grinders, how to rewire a Bunn Brewer. A typical day at work consists of completing work orders at Starbucks, to get the machines up and running when they are down and to satisfy the partners. The management is good, they help you when you ask. You find a lot of different cultures and diversity whenever you go into a Starbucks around the Seattle area, it is really interesting and a lot of fun. The hardest part of this job for me was learning the steam module on the Mastrena. The most enjoyable part is that I got to work with some really awesome people. The VIXXO crew in Seattle is great.
Pros
Service Vehicle is provided, gas is paid for, paid holidays
Cons
Long work hours
Very strenuous job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 19, 2017
As a team lead your are on call 24-7 which leave no time for anything else. The training leaves a lot to be desired. There are several different branches and they are all run differently.
Pros
Laptop and cellphone
Cons
you are always on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vixxo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight