Vizio Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Leadership
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
The current leadership is poor, and there is a lack of respect towards employees.

No work life balance, and there is absolutely no company culture.

There is also very little chance of career advancement.
fun work environment
OS&D Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Vizio was a fun place to work, the management was friendly and approachable. I wasn't there very long (due to lay-offs) but my short time there has left a lasting impression. If my former position reopens, I would like to reapply.
review
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDJanuary 23, 2018
accept incoming calls from vizio customers needing assistance for there vizio products and help set up or solve issues they are having with their products
Fun place to work
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDNovember 18, 2017
this was the place I was going to work forever until the company downsized, it was a fun place to work with good benefits and spiffs with bonuses a plus.
Fast passed work environment.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDNovember 8, 2017
* Co workers made the job very fun.
* Job itself is mentally stressful
* Great benefits
* Competitive pay rates
* Working with others, and learning about new products was very interesting.
poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 25, 2017
For the years that I have been there, there's always a disconnect between upper management and the staffs. The ones who know how to claim credit and socialize can do the lease amount of work or just take advantage of people who's cares for getting the job done. There's always finger pointing.
Pros
free snack and beverage
Cons
the blame culture.
Excellent company to work for. Management really seems to care.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDAugust 30, 2016
Excellent benefits compensate for the pay. Vizio pays the employee health insurance premium.

As call centers go, the pay is reasonable. But, call centers as a whole do not compensate well enough for all the stress and expectations of employees who spend 8 hours a day on the phones with every minute of the calls/day scrutinized.

The site is well maintained and clean.

You get the feeling that management really does care for the employees. Most holidays are acknowledged with little trinkets or games. Many moral boosting events throughout the year. They have a wonderful holiday party at the end of the year with very nice gifts for all.

Opportunities for advancement for those who seek it.
Pros
Health insurance paid by Vizio. Health incentive programs
Great workplace
Inbound Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDApril 2, 2016
The job was great gave me a lot of insight on how to troubleshoot problems that tvs have and I have used that information to assist my friends when their tvs starts having issues
Pros
Laid back fun people
Technical Support Center
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 6, 2015
Over all Vizio is a good place to work, the only down fall was the scheduling. I enjoyed working with everyone there. Management was excellent.
Small company with large responsibilities
Marketing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 6, 2015
Respectable place to work but the company culture is extremely dry. Didn't look forward to going to work but felt justly compensated for all that I did.
summer job
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  irvineSeptember 13, 2015
I loved working here during the summer. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a part time job. Super easy and management is great.
Fast pace and fun workplace
Sales/Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ArkansasMay 28, 2015
Everyday started out looking at sales and instocks then working with Walmart or Sam's Club on any issues. Ran daily reports and ladder plans on all items to see how the stores/clubs inventory was and how much inventory VIZIO had in our warehouse or inventory coming in from overseas. I learned new software (Fazio, Cube and Tableau). I was responsible for all Audio and Cable items in Walmart and Sam's Club to make sure our forecast was correct and we had enough product ordered from overseas. My co-workers at VIZIO were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of my job was finding the time to get additional training on the internal software do to everyone's work load and the people doing the training being in Irvine, CA in the corporate office. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the VIZIO team in the Bentonville, AR office.
Pros
VIZIO discounts on tv's and etc
Cons
No breaks and eating luch at my desk while working
Great and Flexible Hours
Territory Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2015
Awesome job for someone who likes to travel and meet different people! I get to travel to different best buys and train cool people. Not alot of hours though. This job position can't pay bills.
Pros
Travel and Meet different reps
Cons
Not alot of hours
VIZIO is a family oriented business that puts people first
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 22, 2015
Management at VIZIO is caring and helpful. VIZIO provides excellent benefits to their employees and the rapport among staff members enable employees to feel like part of a family, and not just paid employees to get work done.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, fair shifts based on performance
Cons
lower pay than previous similar jobs
Great
Customer Service and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 22, 2014
Miss this place. It was awesome to work for a great company. Felt like a family.
Productive, Fun environment
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 6, 2014
I learned how to communicate with different people. Learned how to manage a group of people. Always something to do.
Pros
They care about their employees. Free healthcare
Cons
Hours include nights
Fantastic workplace with WONDERFUL benefits and employees
Customer Service, Technical Support and Sales (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDSeptember 13, 2014
You assist customers with connecting electronic devices to tvs, blu ray players, soundbars and sound systems. The skilles that are learned while working there are communication skills, technical support and also customer service skills. All skills that can be very useful. The management and co workers are wonderful to work with and are ver commodating to work with your schedule if push came to shove. Everyone is very personable and very nice and friendly.
Technical Support/Customer (Current Employee) –  dakota dunes , sdAugust 25, 2014
enjoy talking an meeting new people, I love learning new and exciting things, I have made alot of friend while working for this company.
Pros
compenstion
Cons
breaks
Great company for a call center
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJuly 6, 2014
Vizio is not my first call center but it by far the best call center I have worked for. The pay and benefits are better than other centers and I had my first raise 9 months being employed without a promotion. They do understand life happens so therefore it takes a lot of occurrences before you start getting into trouble. Vizio is a family with fun activies together outside of work. Like Christmas parties, pincis, golf
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
advancement
Great people but very low pay and little chance for advancement
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDSeptember 9, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Vizio. Everyone was very friendly and helpful if you had a question. The managers I had were all very helpful and really tried to help you if you had an issue. A lot of turnover the last six months which left us understaffed. Benefits were OK, nothing special. The pay was very low. Even if you get a promotion from Level 2 Technical support, which is where everyone starts, to Level 3 or 4, you only get a .25 raise. Limited opportunities to advance. Vizio will say they have never had known issues with any devices, but they have had some known issues that don't get addressed fast enough, so you have a lot of customers calling in with the same issue and that leads to frustration with the employees and the customers. Training was very good.
Pros
Great people, very helpful and friendly
Cons
Very low pay, limited advancement opportunities, average benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vizio. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight