VMware Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with, legal team isn't diverse though
Legal (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 28, 2019
I would love to see more diversity within the legal team. Unfortunately if you were at a particular law firm as other attorneys, then you will move up the organization. However, I really enjoyed my time there. Some of the most intelligent and humble bunch of folks.
Pros
Exciting business, great place for folks who love technology
Cons
Changes in business sometimes too many times in one year, need to adapt quickly and learn new business approaches
VMware Inc
Sr. Software QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Great company to work for but I didn't like my team much. Sad leaving VMware, I will try to find another team to transfer to, but not sad leaving my current team at all.
We work in open space environment, people whistling all day long like truck drivers is super annoying, not letting others concentrate on work and be respectful. A lot of people are complaining but one one says anything so employees are just leaving including me. I really hope HR reads this review and takes proper measurements.
Pros
Great pay, beautiful location, awesome 401k match, amazing gym and more.
Cons
whistling at work
VMware is great company with lots if opportunities .
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Very productive and friendly space to work at, with focus on personal grow. I learn a lot in short period of time .I really like the workplace culture . I find the most challenging the training, it is too short. I enjoy working remotely, but working as team with people from around the world at the same time.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Short training
Worst. Job. Ever.
Exec Assistant/IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2019
This company has integrity issues, racial issues, I was made to work without being able to bill the hours. My bosses repeatedly lied to their boss and used company funds for personal use. There was drinking at work, coworkers sleeping with married coworkers.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Too many to mention
Productive, offers many perks such free meal, gym, educational reimbursement
Sr. Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Productive and fun place to work offers many perks such free meal, gym, educational reimbursement. Very generous in their employees with reviews, and bonus
Pros
free meals, concerts, free gym, pet friendly campus
Cons
not flexible hours, limited remote work
Productive and great work environment
DIGITAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 15, 2019
VMware was a great work campus with great amenities. The gym was nice and so was the campus cafeteria. They provided continued education and commute options.
Holidays such as Halloween and Christmas they provided great concerts.
Pros
Gym, breakfast, people
Cons
low salary
Fun at work location
Sr. SailPoint Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 27, 2018
Prospect and source potential lending opportunities leveraging fresher and more mature relationships.
Work in tandem with the Senior Leadership Team in building a roadmap to success in the territory.
Maintain communication with former, current and potential borrowers via phone, email, etc.
Great Place to Work
Principal Solution Architect, TAM (Former Employee) –  Greater Chicago AreaSeptember 18, 2018
VMware is a great environment to work in. They offer alot of opportunities for advancement and growth. The culture is very diverse and open...they try to ensure that all individuals and groups have a say and feel embraced.

They are a large organization, but you still feel a part of the experience even if you are working in the field.
Pros
Great Environment, Excellent benefits and pay
Cons
Work Life Balance
VMware
Director of Information Security & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Innovative and leading edge technology company with some of the brightest minds I have ever met. Great working experience to improve my skill sets and technical acumen in many areas. The workplace culture is certainly one that attracts top talent.
Great advancement opportunities if you have passion, ambition
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 4, 2018
After on boarding, working as a Technical Support Engineer is demanding due to the complex product offerings, interactions with other products from VMware and technology partners, and the incoming request volume. Direct management is equally busy with tactical issues, and cannot provide strategic career guidance. Finding time for side projects is challenging, but gains you valuable recognition and advancement opportunities over peers that simply manage cases. Identifying a mentor for guidance and advocacy is critical. #TWW
Pros
Advancement opportunities, brilliant mentors, free yogurt
Cons
Demanding pace, lackluster management, bad coffee

Want to know more about VMware?

Ask a question
Great organization with EPIC values.
Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
VMware is a great a global organization with excellent benefits, and the best compensation packages in the market. CEO has a clear vision of where businesses are moving to and the role the organization plays into that.
Solution Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 5, 2018
Fast Paced, ever changing to meet the market demands. Learning on how to sell cloud services and good partnering choices have been made. Company is addressing employee culture and make up by addressing D&I
Pros
Great benifits, good salary
Cons
Leadership in places is questionable
Difficult place to work
Group Manager Corporate Demos (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 24, 2018
It was a tough four years there. To see the CEO escorted out, badge removed, and just fired in the most inhumane way was heart breaking. It shouldn't have surprised me when they did the same thing to their Corporate Marketing group. So much back stabbing was taking place that I just can't recommend anyone working there.
Pros
Good products and great customers.
Cons
Poor management and spotty enginering processes.
Great Experience
Senior Manager, Technology Licensing Category (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Great culture, beautiful campus, lots of projects/opportunities to build up a fantastic career.

Fantastic benefits for employees and corporate culture is very focused on investing in their employees.
suck-fest, but okay if you want to sellout
Application support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 16, 2018
So, this place is fast paced, has incompetent managers, and a good staff. There are good people throughout the organization, but I saw a lot of good techs burned by really bad middle managers. I think, if one can suck it up for 6 mos, they'll do okay, but is the stress worth it?
Pros
certifications
Cons
busy, too busy
Thoroughly enjoyed the culture
Channel Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there and would have loved the opportunity to continue working there. I would recommend this company to anyone. I will continue to apply and try to get back on.
Pros
great culture
Cons
limited openings
Infrastructure software firm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Solid company IQ, not a lot of EQ. Too much political BS for a small company, not a performance based culture, being squeezed by Dell for cash, overpriced products with open-source competition
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
politics
Best work environment
Sr. Technical Product Owner/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 6, 2018
During my tenure at VMware I worked on critical projects that enabled Vmware to grow from 270 Million in annual revenue in 2007 to over 3.6 Billion in 2012. During this time, I worked with the best and most supportive leadership. We had to mature processes and focus on growth concurrently. Fun challenge and highly rewarding.
Pros
Best leadership
Cons
Work life balance
Amazing Place to work and learn
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Company is a great place to learn in every aspect - technology, tools, culture, team work, collaboration. Employee can get a good work-life balance. The teams have amazing talent.
Fun place to work with a lot of perks
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2018
The culture is amazing and so are the people. Not to mention the wonderful benefits and perks they offer. They hire very carefully some of the best talent out there.
Pros
Free snacks and treats all the time. Gym reimbursement.
Cons
changing environment recently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VMware. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight