VMware
Here to help
Coronavirus update

VMware Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA18 reviews
VMware is an outstanding place to work. The company is growing fast and offers great pay, great benefits and a great environment to learn and grow. I strongly recommend it.
Pros
Great people, Great technology
Cons
I am no longer there, by choice but I miss it.
great company with excellent benefits .the hiring process was very fast.i have received a lot of support from all the chains of management. I can interact with all staff easily
Fast Paced, ever changing to meet the market demands. Learning on how to sell cloud services and good partnering choices have been made. Company is addressing employee culture and make up by addressing D&I
Pros
Great benifits, good salary
Cons
Leadership in places is questionable
Vmware was by far my favorite company to work for. I wish I didn't have to go back to school and wasn't a temporary employee because the work environment there and the employees were amazing.
Great Company with great technology. Management is a little old school and need to focus more on individuals and what they are putting into their work rather than what their numbers are.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, good benefits and salary
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This company lives & breathes technology & sales. In one of these positions, there are many opportunities. The rest of the company, including any infrastructure type position is less valued.
fast paced company that is always changing. great place to begin career and advance career. learned how to work with multiple facets of the IT channel within the public sector
Great place to work. Great people, cutting edge technology. Can be a lot of travel but working remotely is fully accepted to this balances out. Overall, great place to work.
I was just laid off yesterday, I guess it was a major round of layoffs, and I was one of the unlucky. I spent over 3 years working at VMware and they let me go just like that. I really enjoyed the work while I worked there, good people, amazing technology, amazing benefits. I would recommend it to anyone, but can't believe I was laid off after 3 years of hard work.
Pros
Unlimited time off, Benefits, compensation, training
Cons
lots of travel... gone every week for a year
It was a challenging and educational experience. But the leadership requires much better oversight from higher management.
If I had it to do over I would not have stayed with the company as long as I did.
Pros
Learned alot.
Cons
Too much travel
All I can say is the culture is great, lots of smart people, and great work/life balance with all kinds of great benefits. VMware stays current on what is important to customers in the industry and how to be innovative to make sure they are ahead of their competition.
Pros
dynamic work environment, great team atmosphere
Cons
sometimes I am so excited about the technology that I work too much
Great products and generally great company. Culture is shifting because of Dell take-over. A few years it will be sucked into Dell. Box heads vs. Software makers.
Leader in cloud computing software and virtualization. Strong teamwork. Cross functional teams. Company is highly ethical. It's a fast-moving and dynamic work environment.
Great company to work for in the virtualization space. Recent changes to management and strategic vision have positioned the company to be successful in their sweet spot / domain.
Pros
Well regarded in the industry
Cons
Getting harder to accel financially
Great company, Great people, Great location, Great benefits, Great work life balance, Great office perks

Dell acquisition has lead to uncertainly
Ok company to work for. Company maintains a wonderful foundation that matches donations to non-profit organizations.
Interesting and rewarding work that offers a lot of autonomy, but because you work for an entirely virtual team, collaboration and coordination with co-workers and management can be a mixed bag.
Pros
Benefits and hours, which are generally reasonable
Cons
Isolation from remote work and a middle/line level management deficit
I learned:

Sales force, Y- Connect, organization skills, excel, Horizon 6 and I went to meetings and practiced giving presentations to clients.