VNA Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sinking ship, do more with less!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 26, 2018
This used to be a great place to work where it felt like we were making a difference in people's lives and were effective as nurses in the healthcare world. In the last six months alone we have had our annual pay raise potential docked by 50%, health insurance costs have skyrocketed and the agency expects all employees to wear expensive branded logo wear that we are expected to purchase on our own dime. The caseloads are too large and too acute, and spanning larger and larger territories daily. The nurses and therapists are quite literally spread across the state of Massachusetts like butter spread too far and too thin across bread. Any semblance of work/life balance that once existed has since vanished for most if not all clinicians. Management is grasping at straws to keep their heads above water, hiring specialists to micromanage clinicians relentlessly instead of just letting us do our jobs and help people. The clerical tasks bestowed upon field clinicians has multiplied tenfold over the last year alone, and continues to grow daily. This of course leaves even less time for evidence based patient focused care, and that means patient rehospitalization rates are climbing. All of these things combined are rendering the staff at VNA Care impotent as healthcare providers and are destroying the quality of a company that many people were once proud to be a part of.
Cons
Burnout, no work/life balance, benefits and pay being minimized, ineffective management
Beware of management.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MANovember 4, 2017
Management in general but more in the southboro office, is very difficult. Micromanagement is the worst I have ever encountered. The staff is very unhappy and I would never recommend to a peer. Very degrading. It's unfortunate.
VNA Care Hospice hires well and is a first class hospice.
Bereavement Coordinator & Hospice Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Worcester / Needham MAJuly 1, 2017
VNA Care Hospice hires well and is a first class hospice. VNA Care Hospice owns and operates 3 different hospice houses in Massachusetts -- which are the crown jewels of an agency caring for more than 2500 hospice patients per year.

Comment – March 21, 2018

This was my review last July. Since that time.........the organization has largely spiraled down as hours are cut, and positions are not filled as people leave or are laid off. Not an organizationally healthy place to work at this time -- sad to say.

Not the best
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Most of the managers have not been field nurses for sometime, so they did not understand the caseloads and monitoring the acuity of a patient. Time was not considered for some of the more difficult patients to manage their IVs, PICC Lines, Wound Vacs, etc. The biggest push was "NUMBERS". They became too large too quick and expected field staff to compensate them.
So much computer work at night, work/life balance was awful.
Pros
Got to do a lot
Cons
management, work life balance
Nice poeple
CNA training (Former Employee) –  North Haven CTOctober 28, 2016
I came in ..they give me an chance and it work out I never has a problem that could be fix..it's really Team work there and everyone is someone at this job..plus the pay is very nice and the communication is better than any place I ever seen...
Cons
The VNA Care Network is a company with a vision. They provide great treatment with a team approach.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 17, 2015
My typical day was long and there was always paperwork at the end of the day. Treating the patients was always our main focus. I learned to listen to my patients. To set goals that were appropriate for them. To listen and watch for symptoms that may cause a decline and act on them before the patient requires hospitalization. The management was supportive, even when they were overwhelmed. I had great co-workers, however, not everyone was a team player. Initially, that was difficult but you learn to communicate effectively and consistently, even if some people did not. The patients were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
You could set your own schedule most of the time.
Cons
It was difficult to stop for lunch.
Phenominal Growth as a Nurse
UR Specialist & Skilled Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 11, 2014
Solidified my professional sense as a nurse working with a large patient population in the community and transitioning into quality management
Pros
Patients, Professional Growth, Job Satisfaction
Cons
Inclement Weather, Prior to Computer Age

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VNA Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8