VNA Care

VNA Care Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
Very stressful place to work
Unstable environment, detached management, frequent drastic changes with poor planning, poorly staffed. Hardworking staff are not appreciated. My coworkers were the only redeeming quality.
Good company with some bad issues. Working through them. Feeling optimistic.
This company has treated me well and I feel generally more or less respected by managers. They provide a great service to the community, hire qualilty employees who are passionate about their work, and have good intentions generally. However, organizational changes, gutting of the education department, firing of long time and respected employees, repeated and consistent poor planning and poor communication, and a number of other issues have negatively impacted the ability of the company to promote a positive workplace culture, retain quality staff, and deliver services with consistent quality.
That being said, they have had a change in leadership and vision and appear to be committed to moving in the right direction with pay increases, improved communication, EMR has improved, making caseload more manageable in some cases, hiring independent agencies to assess the organization to help correct missteps, etc. The leadership and managers have been engaged and forthcoming particularly recently, although not in the past. Time will tell how real the changes are, but I believe that things are improving and that the company is on its way up and you should consider working here.

Like any home care agency, the company has to deal with changing EMRs, reimbursement models, medicare guidelines, etc. Difficult hurdles no doubt but it seems like they have not done a good job of adjusting to these changes. The changes are made or implemented without being fully tested or thought through, or the people who are going to actually being dealing with the changes werent asked about them or trained
 - more...
Very nice people to work for
Can of Florida very nice people to work for they make you feel like a family working with vNA I have learn a lot and meet lot of nice people Ii would recommend other people to work with the coumpany
Home Care
VNA Care team is full of extremely talented individuals- an array of professional experience and education which offers a supportive environment for clinicians and administrative staff. Sure, there have been changes, but that is not unique to just this organization- it’s healthcare in general. All my co-workers work hard each day to provide excellent patient care- from administrative positions, clinical roles, and management the focus is on the mission and vision. I would welcome those interested in home care to apply and join the team of very talented people that work at VNACare.
Pros
collaborative, patient care focused, excellent co-workers, management team focusing on staff and patient care as priority
Cons
recruitment and talented people needed to join the team!
Always hiring , has weekly to monthly lay offs.
Company is always hiring. There is no security or loyalty from management. Lay offs happen regularly. They manipulate staff to get what they want then let them go. Company is always restructuring hours and responsibilities ..
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Do not recommend
Only thing that was good were coworkers. Upper management didn’t care about direct patient staff. Referrals come in, assigned to staff after already had assignments and staff told you will need to take care of things, push patients to another day or just see everyone and pretty much “oh well they need to be seen and we don’t have anyone else”. Bringing work home every night, don’t get paid to do that. Very stressful and overwhelming. For older staff, seen too many changes all for the worse not better.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Stressful, bring work home. No Family Life.
Overworked and no growth; bottom line is everything
Pros: Very flexible schedule as a per diem employee (tradeoff: no benefits). Supportive coworkers.

Cons: The expected productivity can be ridiculous, especially given constant last-minute schedule changes and long drive times and huge amounts of documentation. No pay raises in 2+ years because of company's financial troubles, despite the sense that their only concern is finances, not employee wellbeing or patient safety.

High staff turnover is a huge problem, and the company needs to focus on employee well-being and retention if they want to stop losing good people and waste money on hiring new replacements.
I love my team
i love my team. The nurses that work with me are great. the company has been restructuring for years. Hopefully after all the restructuring the company employees will be happy,.
Great place to work at
Great place to work at and you have the opportunity to learn more with them or move up to different position.great managers,team work plays at all the time.when you at work everything is been done with the whole team involve from an issue ,an bad phone call,the support is there..Very supportive management.i miss working at the VNA unfortunately I got laid off .
See below
Need to be independent competent practitioner. Top pay ,health and dental insurance some educational benefits. Diverse patient caseload, diverse population and territories covered.
EMR system that doesn't work, poor communication from management,
I hesitate to write this as I believe the majority of homecare companies are currently facing a hard time with increasing medicare demands. Much like any governing body those in management positions don't understand how the others function "below" them(field clinicians, administrative staff, etc....) The greatest difficulty in being a field clinician at VNA CARE is the EMR system and lack of communication from management. The EMR system at its inception was said to make day to day note-taking and scheduling easier and more streamlined. But what has happened is another story.

The Scheduling position has individuals flowing in and out like a revolving door, due to increased demand and stressful environment. Because of that, productivity for field clinicians has drastically sunk and due to lower caseloads we are forced to drive outside our territory decreasing quality of care. Patients are beginning to see this and complaints have increased. We are told to just hold on, that things will be better but it appears as though individuals are just becoming more and more frustrated. When it was introduced there was a massive exodus of field clinicians. We are told as field clinicians first and foremost is to provide quality care meanwhile management does not see how their lack of communication has created a negative feeling from the clinicians, administrative staff etc.....

Because of this lack of communication there increased demands on clinicians to compensate for lack of staff to support an unproductive system . We are told to balance out quality care while management continues
 - more...
Pros
field staff work well together, health insurance, fair time off
Cons
An EMR system that doesn't work, VERY poor communication from management
Horrible
The original CEO was great but when she retired everything went down hill. Promotion were giving to people that did not deserve them and employees were not treated the same.
Potential to be great with upper management changes
Large company, too large. Many in upper management are have unrealistic expectations. Merger with Boston was a great idea but most of the good people from Boston have unfortunately left the VNA. Just not a good place to work, HR will either never get back to you or will take forever to get back to you. No overtime for nurses. New software with minimal training for staff. Recently got rid of childcare center with minimal notice to parents and staff and got rid of the maternal child program which was the hallmark of the VNA. Poor financial and overall leadership.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
many
quality improvement
Review of clinical documentation for accuracy, compliance. Educated clinical staff and clinical manager regarding OASIS compliance, CMS guidelines, documentation.
The clinical staff, quality improvement staff, and clinical managers were very friendly to work with and respected your opinion.
More for Less mentality
This was a great job to start my nursing career. This job enabled me to establish a good foundation for my future. Good learning experience, a different experience every day. I also learned how to manage difficult patients!
Pros
Flexible, working in the community with diverse population
Cons
Low PAY, Raises and 401K have been taken away. NO INCENTIVES OR STAFF APPRECIATION
Not Recommended
VNA is struggling. Low pay with no pay raises or 401K match. Workload is the job of 2-3 people. Management criticizes & talks down to staff and will also tell you they are too busy to help out.
Negative work environment
Non-management is continuously treated unfairly, humiliated and left in the dark. Not enough training for employees however huge pressure from managers to get claims paid. Work load isn’t evenly distributed amongst us causing most to have an overload of work whereas others have hours of downtime. No raises or 401k match. Insurance is also very high.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Lack of training, favoritism, hostility and unqualified managers
Poor management
Poor management, not organized as a company, no profit sharing, no raises, do more with less, no support from upper management, expectations are rediculous.
Stressful environment and low pay
I worked for this company and was not appreciated or valued. VNA care has turned into a sales focused, numbers driven organization while the quality of care provided, morale of the employees, and communication is being ignored. What a shame . It would be nice if the focus was placed on the patients we serve, the nurses that are doing the work, and the appropriate resources needed to run a successful organization.

DON has no clue how to successfully manage clinicians, poor people skills, unfair ,totally micro manages staff and plays favoritism . Long hours, work comes home with you. High stress and low pay. The company does not give annual raises, does not match 401 k. They will not balance out your schedule, always understaffed, 40+ case load at all times. Very stressful environment, although nurses and rehab co workers are kind and caring. I would not recommend employment at VNA Care/Network.
Pros
Co workers and education management
Cons
Stressfull, long days, poor and unfair management, huge case load, always understaffed, no raises, no 401 matching
RNs beware
If you care about providing quality care, avoid this company like the plague. The company does not give a single care or concern about any patient or any staff member. All they care about is hoarding as many new admissions as they can, despite not having adequate staff to support the patient volume. This means endless work, patient care suffers, and there is no work life balance.

You will document hours into the night, and for free. You will drive your car into the ground driving 100+ miles a day, through rain, hail, and snow- they just do not care. Over 25 nurses left over a 30-60 day time period and the company is struggling to recruit and retain- and all words fall on deaf ears. I have never worked a job before that I DREADED going to work every day, until I worked for VNA care.

When our new CEO joined, the first thing she did was send a letter advising that we would not be receiving raises in 2018, and would probably not receive any 401k matches.

You have been warned.
Pros
Cons
Slaving away each and every day.
Stressful demanding job.,
A typical day at work is extremely stressful, too much work, not enough employees to handle it. The phone is constantly ringing and lots of demands are made. It's impossible to get all your work done the way the department is so short staffed now. I learned a new skill during my time at VNA, and for that I am grateful. Management not only shows extreme favoritism, but also shows a total disregard for others in the department. I have never once felt cared about as a human being. The hardest part of the job is trying to do the job of 3 people. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, vision.
Cons
Low pay, not enough time off/paid holidays.