VNA Health Care Employee Reviews

VNA is a clinic for just experience
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 14, 2019
ILeft VNA because there it was no advance in career. There is one hour lunch and no breaks and you are suppose to meer a number a calls per day. Managment does not help. Workets are nice
hospice lpn
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 13, 2019
what I learned from being a hospice nurse is comfort, medications, documentation, teaching, listening and caring. The hardest part of my job was seeing my patient pass. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the family through a hard stage of life with a loved one passing.
Very supportive group of NPs and MDs
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 25, 2019
Love this place! Had the best scheduler! Seen many patients and learned a lot! Great place for a new NP to start! Only thing I disliked was the charting.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Charting
Productive day good time sometimes free good and good activities
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 11, 2019
Happy people, they working very hard every day I’m feeling happy because I’m learn something different about my job to make my job good everyday Day I love my job
Pros
Free lunch and great service
Cons
Very busy
Nice place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 16, 2018
Great place with wide range of employment opportunities. Learned a lot about senior care and geriatric industry over all. It is a great place to work for Licensed Nurses.
Nice Christmas party
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 29, 2018
I worked as a private duty Nurse. The Client and family were very
pleasant to work with and be around.
A typical day started with greeting family , Checking Client and receiving report. Then giving ADL"S, Trach care, take down tube feeding, flush tube,give meds prn, transferring to wheel chair. Making bed and straighten up room, restock supplies, give bolus tube feeding at noon, prn meds , shampoo hair & dry, afternoon transfer client to bed turn q 2 hours. clean wheel chair prn. Chart , give report to on coming nurse.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with client.
Pros
When I worked for Vna we received bounses some times as apperciation
Cons
none for me
home aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 25, 2018
Traveled to customers to take care of them. Daily. Hard to get customers to take care of, due to being male. Some customers were very select on how to take care of them.
Pros
unknown.
Cons
customers were very select on how to do it.
VNA Healthcare
CNA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 4, 2018
Was my first job as a CNA. Was more or less trying to gain experience. Was per diem, so wasn't really getting many hours. But I would definitely go back to this company as a side job, I just needed a steady source of income that's why I left.
Good place to learn.
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 9, 2018
First started did not know much but the company is always looking for ideas on how to better clinics. I did learn a lot. Management is ok. Hours fly by since its a very busy place.
Typical Non-Profit Issues
Insurance Navigator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 2, 2018
Utter lack of communication and/or situational awareness between office staff/Senior Leadership and the clinic. This lead to a lack of adequate leadership and need-to-know culture. This made collaboration hopeless and efforts to work across departments fell apart. Morale was low, but the organization seemed more focused on generating good workplace reviews instead of actually fixing issues. Major plus was the ability to help others, a general PTO policy, and some great co-workers.
Pros
Pto, Job Security, Co-workers
Cons
Pay, Leadership, Low Morale
Nona
Bilingual Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  400 N Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506March 6, 2018
VNA was really hard for them to work with you, they always had excuses to everything for you. they would talk you down. they thought u weren't enough for VNA
Stay away
Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 24, 2018
Bad management- no one is ever on the same page. No one ever accepts blame. Stressful environment, no one ever knows what’s right or wrong. Lots of pointing of fingers
Pros
Immediate team
Cons
Great place great people!
Patient Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 11, 2018
I would have never left had my spouse not been relocated. Very comfortable atmosphere and all employees have the same goal to help the community! Team effort and flexibility to change very important.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Not a good place to work.
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Not many opportunities for advancement. No diversity in upper management. Staff not treated as if they are valued. Very focused on numbers not quality service.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Management doesn't care about lower level employees
Done
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2018
The only plus to working for VNA is the pay. Some of the nuses ate very incompatant. No supervisory involvement in private care division. Not helpful in Tampa location with technical help. No instruction on tablet used.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits
love working with the clients.
CHHA (Current Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAJanuary 20, 2018
Love my job at the adult day center. We are able to give a lot of individual attention to the clientele. The day goes by quickly and I feel I make the client's day enjoyable.
We receive regular training CEUs, good benefits.
The pay is average for this position, but not enough to live on in this area. A second job is definitely needed, and the only reason I am considering leaving and relocating to a more affordable area.
Pros
Enjoy working with the clients.
Cons
low pay
Stressful no communication
ADVANCED PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 15, 2018
You work there never knowing if what you are doing is correct or not. Never properly trained and when you ask questions nobody knows the answer and don’t bother to get back to you. VPs so quick to write you up to clean their hands. No communication from anyone in upper management. Seems like no one knows what they are doing. None of the clinics are ever on the same page. Just the worst place to work at.
Pros
PTOs
Cons
Everything!
Overload of work but less money
NP (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 12, 2018
They are known firing employees
They don’t value employees hard work
Too much work, less money
This will be a good temporary work for new grad to gain experience
not for long term work
Nobody.s stay longer in this job.
Pros
God benefits
Cons
Too many patients to handle per hours. 4-6 per hour
Lack of communication
Advanced PCA (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Depending on which location you work in, working at VNA can be fun. The smaller clinics don't usually get as many benefits as the main locations. The great thing about VNA is their PTO.
Pros
8hrs PTO per paycheck
Cons
short staffed, short breaks
Nice place to work
ACA Assisters (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 11, 2017
easy to get along with employees and sometimes is relax, and other days are not. you can learn new things every day especially because there are changes all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VNA Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.