VNSNY CHOICE Employee Reviews

Poor unknowledgeable management in operations
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Leadership in operations is extremely poor. At a director level you would expect to be able to ask questions to that director and receive a knowledgeable answer, but instead you get someone who looks like they are struggling with how to respond without looking like they don't have a clue. It's unfortunate that they choose people who really don't know the business and they are the reason why this company is loosing money - you need to look at directors and above and clean house - especially in operations - very unknowledgeable leadership - they have no business being leaders - very unprofessional. I would have loved to stay at theirs company however I just couldn't continue to work for people that knew less about the business than I did - I left because of the failing disrespectful, incompetent leadership in operations at this company - God bless the employees who are subject to their disrespect and lack of knowledge and I hope upper management realizes they need to get them out of there and get someone in that will develop you.
Benefits
Majority of my stay it was a great place to work
Director delegation oversight/ controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
Majority of my time there it was a great place to work. Then transformation was occurring and then it became a little less pleasant. As with Healthcare you need to have a thick skin and be flexible with constant changes.
Na
Provider Relations Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
A place to work making money. Way to much inconsistency with schedule changes. Illegal break timing unprofessional from management . Needs better management
Stay away
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
The company has many issues which are not addressed. This is not an enivornment to flourish since Management is finger pointing for their incompetent decisions.
changing policies
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2017
the agency has demonstrated unstable, changing policies, influx culture with staff having over loaded caseload; the social work profession was not used efectively
Pros
benifits
Cons
unstable
Provider Services Rep
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
Took inbound calls for provider answered an a variety of questions about claims and contracts. Reviewed Denials. Uploaded appeals for back log during overtime.
Potential to be great!
Network Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
This company has the potential to be one of the best Managed Care Organizations in NYC. The hardest part of working there is dealing with "management"
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
No organization skills, silos and no leadership skills in upper management
productive and high pace workplace
Medicaid Recertification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2017
I have learned a lot from Visiting Nursing Service Choice Health Plan since I first started in 2015. I would say this is my first professional job compare to my previous jobs. There are lot potential to grow and advance in this company as long as you have passion for your work and desire to learn new things.
Productive and Friendly
Care Management Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 18, 2016
A typical day involves team work/guidance in workflows. I learned the process of enrollment to discharge of mbrs. Everyone from co-workers to management are approachable and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when the phone calls increase and the most enjoyable part of the job is when a task is completed timely.
Pros
Refreshments at meetings
Great Place To Work
Supervisor, VNSNY CHOICE Customer Call Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Upper management has high expectations for the staff but at the same time they help develop a great culture. The staff will work hard to meet the expectations.

Want to know more about VNSNY CHOICE?

Ask a question
Great company
Member Retention RepresentativeMedicare/MLTC (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 11, 2015
This company has made me grow and develop professional skills. Working in VNSNY CHOICE I have worked with colleagues who I have learned a lot from.
representative
MSR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2015
great deal of responsibility. great colleagues. working in the medical creates a sense of of leadership as your are helping people that for the most part cannot help or care for themselves.
Great company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Good company to work for especially if you just graduated college you have a lot of potential.
I loved working for VNS CHOICE.
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2014
I loved working for VNSC CHOICE. I learned a lot working here. wonderful people, the management and director in the Brooklyn office were great. Great company
good benefits
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
I did not have job security as they laid off over 900 employees
energetic productive workplace
Enrollment Liaison (Current Employee) –  Queens NYApril 23, 2014
VNS CHOICE is a productive, busy environment to work at. The day consists of client assessments and screening, communicating with other disciplines to get the client enrolled. The most enjoyable part of the job is it fosters autonomy and is flexible.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
excess paperwork
it was good experience anyways
Enrollment Outreach Liaison/Community liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2014
indeed it was a good experience for me, i learned and got my experience with me, regardless of the mismanagement and the misleading of managers.
For some not for all
Compliance (Former Employee) –  New yorkFebruary 2, 2014
Filed with unprofessional executives. Education is offered but only to the chosen few.
However, the regular staff work as a team.
Pros
Non management staff work hard
Cons
they need to implement staff review of senior leaders
Below Average
Medicare Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Compensation and benefits better than average.
Too much management turnover.
Uninspiring work culture.
Below average Medicare product.
Brand reputation hurt due to MLTC shutdown, low star ratings.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Horrible management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
VNSNY Homecare is a great place to work, with the exception, of the CHOICE program. The management on all levels are the worst leadership I have ever experienced in my working career.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership and low salaries