VocoVision

Working at VocoVision: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Online jobs

I was recruited for Vocovision, had a great year, and will be continuing to work for them next year. They have been very professional and supported me when needed. I did change recruiters half way though which was confusing, but my new recruiter has been communicating with me and resigned me for another year. Good company so far.

Pros

Help finding the right job and fit for online work

Cons

Not a school district so the pay is not as high. Do not take out taxes

Don’t apply here

Better look elsewhere. Hours are not dependable and it wasn’t worth the paperwork needed to onboard to get a single placement. Management has poor communication and support.

VocoVision insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Flexible and enjoyable teletherapy jobs

My recruiter is reliable and great. The IT dept. corrects problems fast. Love the flexibilty I have being at home with my 2 yr. old. It is 1099 based.

VocoVision has given me the freedom to choose my schedule while working from home and supporting students in a variety of states.

VocoVision is my most favorite job to date! I never knew I could work for a company that allows work/life balance, fair compensation and the support I need to perform my job well.

Pros

Compensation Supportive Manager

Cons

I have no cons.

Don’t waste your time

There are so many great teletherapy companies out there that will take what you do seriously. It’s desperate times during Covid but this is such a waste of a company I’m shocked they even have contracts. Their recruiters are a joke they make you go through nonsense paperwork gathering your private information and never get back to you about jobs. I had a recruiter who would say there was a lead and she’ll check back in but when you do check in she said the job was gone. She also made you do a computer check on how it runs but that’s how they steal information from you. Such a waste of time, don’t give them your information they probably sell it anyway.

Cons

No humanity, horrible recruiters, don’t care about the therapist

Great Company

Management is very responsive and supportive to match employment opportunities and therapists. Nice orientation and training program prior to assignment.

Favoritability Flows Thick

Job/Position is straight forward...you are a recruiter. You work both angles of the recruiter position meaning you find the person needing the job and you find the job needing to be filled. Sounds good for your headcount being a major metric you are expecting/expected to get, but 9/10 of the time you will split this headcount (your 1 = .5 toward your set goal) with a co-worker in or in another departmentwho has the other half of your job fulfillment (one will have the open position you need or has the person needing the job you have found). The main thing to be aware of is how you are perceived (liked) by your superior,your assigned mentor, co-workers, etc. as that seems to carry more weight than almost attaining your headcount. It's apparent when the gossip is flowing from cubicle to cubicle almost instantly after the ex-employee has left the floor. Not saying this only happens here (of course not) but very rich and prevalent. If you are not liked in some way or one aspect is found unfavorable of yourself be ahead of the game and listen to your gut telling you it's time to act on that other position you have lined up or get started lining it up cause the door leading outside is only a few feet away and slightly out of the realm of you being able to change the thing that got you the position during the interview...yourself.

Great flexibility

I loved working as a teletherapist for vocovision. Their software was up to date and easy to use. All the recruiters were amazing and answered questions when needed.

Teletherapy a new way of working

It has bee a pleasure working for VocoVision and doing telethreapy on this short term assignment. I received excellent training and support in the beginning when I most needed it. I am open to new opportunities doing teletherapy now. While on this assignment I developed a new system of organization, taking data and preparation that has worked very well which I can see being useful in other settings as well.

Pros

working from home

Cons

more challenging getting input from teachers and co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VocoVision. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare VocoVision with

• VocoVision
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?