Voith Group

United States306 reviews

Voith Group insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Worked multiple projects through Managed Services

Enjoyed working on multiple projects. People were co-operative

Only good is half way decent pay

Voith could be a better place to work if they upgrade old outdated equipment and had better managers not showing favoritism. Pay is ok not great for the money the company makes itself. High medical benefits.

Pros

Halfway decent pay

Cons

Bad equipment, medical insurance

Strong sense of pride and belonging but middling comp

Strong sense of pride and belonging but middling comp, though not inappropriate for the location.Progression is considered, though there are many who are happy (and effective) being in a consistent, predictable role.

Company works hard to build team a team atmosphere thru yokoten opportunities

Great company to work for and build a career. if you given the opportunity...give it all you have! Working for GM and Ford the job requirements follow the requirements at the specific location where you report to work so there can be significant differences from one to another.

Pros

many

Cons

Balancing competing priorities and contract employment within the automotive industry.

Great job but expect to sign your life away.

Pay is great right now, very lenient work environment, being able to get 40 hours in before Friday to not work is great. Benefits are amazing, the people care about you. The only con to this job is having an evening shift because they don’t rotate. You will sign your life away with some of the mandatory OT. Not as bad if you live close.

Pros

Pay, flexible hours, benefits, and management.

Cons

Zero work/life balance.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

The fast paced work load

I really like my job at voith but didn’t get the proper training I needed to succeed. I was on 90 day probation and wasn’t producing the amount needed for the day so they let me go. If I would have had the hands on training on how to run the machines I believe I could have succeeded well

Pros

Great hours and pay

Cons

Lack of training

Great pay and loved 4 on 4 off

Did not like the constant changing 12 hr shifts and have to schedule vacations around shut down managers are just concerned with their shift production.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Scheduling

Great place to make money.

Money is excellent $100,000 a year plus no home life, great people expenses paid for good perdiem money opportunity to see the world for free great pay

Pros

Great people, meet new people

Cons

Away from home for long periods of time

Poor salaries

Overall, the business has a great mission and sounds great, until you get in. The salary increases are a joke so make sure you negotiate a starting wage you want to keep for years.

Pros

Learn tons

Cons

Poor pay

Company cares about all employees

Company was great to work for. Most of the benefits are based on what the customer allows. Sometimes we are viewed as equals to the customer while at other facilities we are viewed as less than the customer employees. It’s all dependent on the culture at the site. At both facilities I worked at, we were viewed as a part of their team. However management likes to blur the line from the scope of work per the agreed upon contract. Requesting more or services that are above and beyond the contracts. It’s a real struggle for management that the employees will never know until they read a post like this and even then they don’t seem to understand nor should they. Management at Voith shields employees from the politics involved with service contracts at all possible so they can focus on the job they were assigned to do.

Pros

Feeling of acceptance among employees

Cons

Managemental struggle with scope of work

Good work environment with many ways to grow

The paper industry is always fluctuating and will cause massive overtime needs and then slow seasons. Being a satellite company to the Germans is interesting as most of the engineering work is done there.

Management doesnt bother helping.

Management doesn't care unless it's employee/employer related or if managers of voith physically hook up with employees. I don't recommend this company!

Pros

Worked alone

Cons

Religion over Work. Some employees had longer breaks due to Religion.

Great Place to Work

It is a great place to work and is a great atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff and people are great and very helpful. Family oriented.

Temporary job not career

Private company, toxic culture. Management is not interested in leadership development rather recognition and promotion of select privileged. Limited growth opportunity and lack of solutions. Key initiatives mask internal problems and do not address decades old underlying issues. Team culture has been replaced by self promotion.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Gestapo Culture

Deceitful German Colleagues

I very much enjoyed my colleagues and my boss in the US. They are all great and very forward thinking group, but the German colleagues were an entirely different story. I originally started out developing training content for our group in the US, but was transferred to an all German team about a year after I started and it went downhill from there. The German group I worked for consisted of a washed up engineer who's grasp of technology was anything they saw on Star Trek and a recent college grad who was more concerned about networking then understanding anything about adult learning methodology or practices. I was the only one who knew anything about training, instructional design, or adult learning. I had designed and developed the entire training program for the US, called the Levels of Learning, that was then adopted globally, which would seem cool, however my "colleagues" in Germany had other plans. Upon adopting my training model, along with all of the training content I developed for internal and external customers,, and the LMS system I implemented, they decided I only "assisted" the real team members, who were all German. I was the only person developing content for entire division; they didnt. I actually had set up partnership with a university to develop content with but the Germans were not interested. They were only interested in do interested webinars, that are only offered in Germany and China. While the rest of the world has adopted to more on-demand training solutions that are engaging and informative, they wanted to stick work PowerPoint training via 3 or -

Pros

Good benefits, pay, time off, and colleagues in the US

Cons

German team members that steal credit, a German boss who doesnt recognize who ACTUALLY did all of the work

Easy Job but supervisors are a joke

Worked 12 years with the company, No room to grow or any opportunities to advance. Dead end job ! If you show up everyday and do your job you then get to do everyone else job !!

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Union

Benefits are great

The manager does not support his department or employees. He is a bully, and makes you think your self worth is very low. Your co workers are great to work with. The environment is fairly good.

Pros

Great Managing Director

Disappointing

Things promised in the interview process did not come to fruition. Be certain that everything discussed is in writing. I found that ever written agreements were retracted with company policy throughout the assignment. This is without question the biggest disappointment of my long career.

Reaching for purpose

Exciting but challenging as directives change rapidly and purpose becomes unrealistic. As emerging dot com business the rules and responsibilities change by the month.

Flexibility in the work environment

In this work that I do, I feel very rewarded for receiving cutting-edge infromations and always being up to date in technology. It makes me want to work even more.

Pros

Good relation ship

Cons

Same times has a delay to solve some easy problems

Uncertain Futures

This was an internship that I had in Highschool for 2+ years. Where full-time employees came and went rapidly or overworked. The entire time that I was there they had to produce "numbers" that were close to not achievable and fretful that the German corporate might shut down. They eventually laid off 70+ workers after I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss