Voith Group Employee Reviews

Decent place to work when work is steady
PREP OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 16, 2019
Loved my job and the people I worked with. Lots of turnover in management, which led to problems with safety and efficiency. Supervisors could not help with questions about how to do a job better or safer. Equipment that needed to be updated or replaced was not purchased.
poor management
ShopTech (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 23, 2019
management had no respect for employees,they talked down to you like you were nothing to the company. management did not give out the ppe that was needed for the job i was doing
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
poor management
good
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHApril 20, 2019
was stable employment and steady hours good place to work. really enjoyed my job being a leader just like everytwhere else there are trying days but on a whole great place to work
Pros
pay
Cons
midnight shift
information doesn't trickle down
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 15, 2019
Voith is terrible at communication. If you aren't high enough on their totem pole, you probably won't find out pertinent information until it is old news, including site/office shut downs and layoffs.
Employment at Voith Paper
Operational Excellence, Q.A. & HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 13, 2019
Without a doubt, the best employer that I have had the good fortune of working for so far in my career.

I would strongly urge everyone to look into Voith for job openings.
Fast paced, international/domestic workplace, challenging and fun
Project Management Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHFebruary 19, 2019
Every day was different. I was in project management with usually 4 to 5 large projects in the works. We worked hard and also had time. While at Voith, everyone was like family. I learned project management skills that I have used daily since. I worked with internationals and shipping companies and my job scope tripled at Voith. The workplace culture followed the companies core values and the communication and daily plans were well communicated. I enjoyed my work at Voith very much and I had the greatest team of project managers to work with, one becoming my mentor. The hardest part of the job was loosing it, when the corporate headquarters decided to shut our plant down.
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
I can't say there were any cons
cut-throat management
Boilermaker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 26, 2019
Always looking for someone to fire, for any reason they can find. They are most likely to fire newer employees for anything they can come up with, but nobody is exempt. I saw an employee with no saftey violations in his 40 some years of service get fired for not wearing a fall harness.
Pros
good pay, clean, modern equipment
Cons
horrible bosses who fire you for their mistakes
Same enviorment different name
Project Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 25, 2019
Same company different name and people but the same poor practice know room for advancement and lack of leadership created a hostile work environment the employees most of them was pretty good at what the did it was just the management didn't care about there workers are the environment they worked In
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Know advancement
Voith is in uncharted waters. They want to keep building hydro.
Union Laborer (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Voith Hydro management would like to still building hydro parts and doing big projects. Problem is there are none or they bid so high they do not get the job. They put the blame on safety records. Employees not working hard enough and being payed to much. The problem is there isnt any big projects. Do not know how long we will be employed. Always talking layoffs or trying to get old employees to retire. Uncertain future.
Pros
Good pay, three shifts
Cons
Uncertainty
Company is reinventing itself
Product Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Company is currently struggling to reinvent itself, after an unprecedented crisis.
After so many years of success and growth, Voith is facing a harder-than-ever global crisis and is changing its whole structure.
Pros
Strong culture and employee support.
Cons
Lack of steering by the high management.
Improving
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 19, 2019
Worked there a while ago. Now just hear news through the grape vine. Not sure how the China projects turned out; runners probably being renovated already.
A great leaning experience
Monolinker (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJanuary 15, 2019
I learn a lot about Voith before I got there I had no clue about the job but I absolutely loved workin there I love my Voith family. One of the best jobs I’ve woked. Everyone there was a pleasure to ok with
Wow!
Instrumentation Tech (Former Employee) –  Florence, MSDecember 6, 2018
Dont know about appleton. Voith Florence was the best job ive ever had in my 58 yrs. Best group of people hands down and I greatly miss them all. Its like working with friends in your garage without the pizza and beer. Ok, without the beer! Love you guys!
No communication. Poor management
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 14, 2018
If you are a temp to hire they lead you on and then let you go aftet telling you how good of a job you are doing. Very unorganized and everyone talks behind eachothers backs.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 29, 2018
Voith is a fast paced collaborative work environment with great resources to foster excellence. It promotes excellence, quick response and consistent service to meet and exceed expectations.
Pros
Good training for management.
Cons
Very little room for advancement
Good Company
Construction Helper (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, OHOctober 28, 2018
Good company to work for, fast pace, lots of deadlines, great team, good management, on the job training, (hands on), clean work area, provided uniforms
Pros
Face Pace
Cons
No comment
Stressful and Political Work Environment
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 21, 2018
Very stressful and highly political work environment. Poor and insecure management. Hustle, toxic and unprofessional work atmosphere. Biased and perception driven reviews.
Average
Can't say (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 10, 2018
OK pay and benefits, but if you work in the assembly department you better like overtime, because it is forced often. Straight shifts, which is nice if you have seniority, but you'll be stuck on second(3-11) until someone leaves or retires. They just eliminated 3rd shift, so that's not an option. Machines are in need of repair, but they invest more money in making the place look good than making repairs.
Pros
OK pay and benefits
Cons
Forced overtime
Good Solid Company
Accounting Manager North America (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work and allowed for plenty of growth opportunities and training if an employee was looking for them. The mentor program brought employees from Germany to the US to learn both the culture and work experience.
Pros
Flexible, Lots of training
Cons
Commute
Lack of company loyalty
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 7, 2018
I was hired as a site manager and received no training at all.
They hired several people for this position and when the job timeline was changed they laid all of us off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No training no company employee loyalty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight