Voith Group Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Very satisfying job but difficult
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INFebruary 28, 2018
This job is satisfying in the regard that there is little pressure from management to do the work quickly. They are a quality over quantity job. You work around Toyota and in that regard your week is easy. It gets difficult during the weekend when things are done on a large level. The one thing to remember is safety takes priority.
Pros
Easy week days, will earn that check, lots of overtime
Cons
Long weekends, lots of jobs that require a safe approach
it was a fun place
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, AL 35125January 3, 2018
typical work day operation standards and yoga

what did I learn EPA & OSHA regulations

management was excellent

work place culture it was Honda so Japanese

hardest part of the job EPA & OSHA regulation

most enjoyable part of my job making a better honda
Fun place productive love to work there good people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALOctober 28, 2017
It was OK I like blasting and cleaning for painters it was phone just to much of bending and staying in the position for a long period of time take tole on back
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Wonderful company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2017
I worked for Voith for 7 years love this company, well organized. The company cares about their customers and employees. We miss them at the R&E Center.
Pros
Employess are acknowledged and recognized for the hard work, and recieve awards and financial bonuses
Cons
Great place fro starter job
Technical Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, AL 35125January 27, 2017
Hard work to be done very dirty but overall nice people. Treat you with respect and will take care of you if you do the right thing and will help you build a career.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Wrok long hours
I enjoyed the factory work setting here.
Technical Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIDecember 21, 2016
Working for this company, I learned a lot. I was taught how to operate a scissor lift, do fixture changes, and basic knowledge of motorcycle parts. Job duties were very straight-forward, but I didn`t feel I had earned enough for everything I was doing.
Very Great Job
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALOctober 1, 2016
Very great work environment great co-workers worked well with them was ready and eager to learn and move up to new positions got along well with supervirors and team leaders
Its easy
Booth Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 27, 2016
As long as you keep yourself focused on the job and listen to what they tell you to do, you are fine. It is a walk in the park. Co workers are good to have and keep as close contacts. In a small town like Texas, it is good to know people and better to have the knowledge about where to go, what to do, and not to do.
Pros
Health Benefits and good wages
Great pay with benefits
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 22, 2015
While working foe Voith, it was not fun. The pay was great but only because we are in a union. The benefits were great because of the same thing. There was no advancement unless you were friends with the supervisors. The job itself is very easy and manageable. The customers are great excepts for a few bad apples but for the most part your day is a breeze unless upper management shows their face.
productive work place
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 12, 2015
I go to work and clean offices and bathrooms. Its a typical job. We are to call in all work orders to Ford's Maintenance. Its not the best job I've had.
Pros
union, goodpay, benefits
Cons
working 2snd shift
work as a teamplayer, on many assignments.
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHApril 2, 2015
well we had a tour coming though the plant and a lot of area s needed to be cleaned.so I like a great challenge for me and the rest of the team.
Basic day at Voith
Manufacturing/ Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 11, 2014
A basic day working for Voith which in my case is in Ford Motor Company of Lima, Ohio. As a team we all have our own duties to tend to such as cleaning the men/woman's restrooms, break rooms, and on certain days we power wash the big washers in which clean the engines. its a pretty dirty job, some management can be a lot better. Being a part time employee and a single mom it's hard for me to make ends meet some days just being called at a last minute notice.
Pros
Take our breaks when needed. Always have safety meetings in the mornings.
Cons
Lack of communication some days, and or not enough help with numerous jobs to be done.
Great job for someone in school
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 25, 2014
Third shift is not an easy thing to manage but was great for me while finishing college. I could go to school during the day and work at night.

Voith highly promotes safety with daily meetings. This is an in house third party contractor who's members are all UAW members. The high turnover in management with new hires having little to no experience makes for a challenging work environment for senior employees to train there supervisors and the new team members while being responsible for completing the day's tasks.

The pay and benefits are good for the area.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Managment typicaly has little to no training
productive
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 14, 2014
i learned a lot about the cleaning industry, i also learned a lot on how it goes on behind the scene on how to keep the place clean
Productive and job security
Industrial cleaner (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALSeptember 25, 2013
I work for a sub-contractor for Honda Manufacturing of Alabama. I love my job and my co-workers. I work third shift and would like to get a first shift job because my grades aren't as great as they should be due to the shift. Voith is a very great company to work for and the management couldnt be any better. Safety is very important to them. My job is high pressure water blasting. it is very dangerous but its getting me through school just really need a first shift job.
Pros
works with school schedule
Cons
third shift
I liked this job
Floor Crew/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 16, 2013
The only problem I had with the job was the fact that managment ruled by scare tactics and didnt do anything for the people who actually did their job.
Safe and interesting work environment
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 1, 2013
Help maintain the stability of General Motors by properly cleaning the paint booths to prevent from large paint accumulations. The job has taught me how to properly work using safety as my overall priority. It consists of several tasks that need to be completed to in a timely manner with other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the heat. When working next to an oven it can sometimes get dangerously hot. The most enjoyable part is the ability to work with others on a daily basis.
Pros
healthcare, team-work, member of a union.
Cons
night shift, heat
Paying the bills
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2012
The job can offer variety and is somewhat stable which is good but there is no possibility for career growth. The people I work with are great, they are what make this job enjoyable.
Voith OHAP
Industrial cleaner (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHJune 13, 2012
A typical day for Voith includes cleaning in all areas of an industrial setting; either on or off the plant floor, on the roof, offices, etc. One can expect to get dirty.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much room for advancement