Voith Group Employee Reviews

Bait & Switch
People Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Opportunities defined in the recruitment process were not delivered in reality. Management stifled employee development and lacked basic leadership skills. Peers were under qualified for their roles, therefore, actively engaged in tactics to undermine each other and their direct reports.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
Lack of vision, negative culture
Poor Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 17, 2018
Very poorly managed company with a history of doing funny things with money. Would caution anyone to research the US company a lot before working for them.
Pros
Not many on the US side
Cons
Not a stable company
ask anyone who works there
Welder (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 11, 2018
you'll get your answer. Each employee there has a different story. The space allotted couldn't allow me to even begin the horror story I Experienced working here. I hope and pray they turn this place around because I really did love the work, I enjoyed the men i worked side by side with but Upper Management.... wow
Pros
pay, the men you work with in the union are amazing
Cons
Managment, Managment, Management, the union
Fast paced. Must be knowledgeable
Manufacturing Supervisor, Machining (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 22, 2018
It's a fast paced environment. You must have the technical know how to keep the work moving. A lot of interaction with engineers. Family owned company with a great deal of changes/improvements towards future growth.
Pros
Paid time off for doctor appointments and sick days. OT pay over 3hrs in a day.
Cons
Being sick is rarely an option due to daily demand and fast pace. Lowest volume of work ever.
Racism
Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALAugust 21, 2018
Favoritism regular workers pose as supervisors to get others in trouble. Nothing is organized and the white lady loves the black white boys and white white boys.
Productive work place
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 17, 2018
Push to achieve goals, solid direction for everyone daily, all ideas are respected and looked at. 5 goals all of equal importance, safety, quality, house keeping, efficiency and delivery!
Pros
Security
Cons
German Run Company (you are told what to do)
Technical Support Spare Parts (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 25, 2018
Not very open for suggestions. Management makes and implements work practices and procedures without understanding the job and work being done. Management will not admit to having made a poor decision even if it negatively effects customer relationships and bottom line profitability. They continue to blame the short comings in performance to the employees not working hard enough. Best to just keep your head down and do the best job you can. Do not challenge anything that is told to you.
Excelente empresa multinacional
Aprendiz Eletricista (Former Employee) –  HydroJuly 18, 2018
Ótimo empresa para trabalhar . Reconhecimento de funcionário, tudo o que você precisa tem na empresa.
Pros
Restaurante na empresa
Productive and fast pace job
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln alJune 26, 2018
Loved my job and my income , managers we’re great and not hard to work with at all. I’m more of a costumer service type of person in my opinion.. Although I done great at my inspection job and in line job.
Customer Service-poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 25, 2018
The people who are in charge of the customer service department formed their own clique and if you didn't get along with any one of them, you were an outcast. Not a very friendly atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Customer Service Management team
Nice area to work in.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 18, 2018
I really enjoyed meeting new people and learning new jobs. Every day was different; with new people and new experiences. Nice facility with coffee, tea, etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heavy traffic, long commute
Most enjoyable part of the job
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 14, 2018
Ability to work with employees at all levels. Leadership is very engaging and personable. Ability to seek opportunities to expland learning is very prominant in this company.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 12, 2018
Good place to work. Hardest part of job is travel. I would like to lessen my travel and spend more time with my family. I normally leave on Monday and come back on friday,
Productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
Its was a 10hour day.I learn how to work really well in a team environment with good people.An the hardest part of that job was cleaning out the paint stalls and drains.It was really working with good people who understood the labor and work.
Pros
Meetings
Cons
breaks and lunch
nice place to work with family enviroment
Sean technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 7, 2018
nice place to work and could have been alot better if it would have stayed open it had nice friendly people working there that made you happy when you was there
Pros
give bonus every six months
Cons
no sick days
Challenging support environment
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaApril 26, 2018
My experience with Voith was a lot of travel with working remotely from home. It was challenging to be supported from the east coast while working/living on the west coast.
Could be Worst
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 25, 2018
Not a bad place to work could be such a better place with better management, perks and benefits dwindle year by year, Top notch work force your coworkers become like family, one of the best supervisors one could ever ask for, but upper level management makes it a very hard and stressful place to work for with a typical day consisting of a lot of hurrying up then wait processes..
Pros
good benefits and great co-workers
Cons
management
Not a fan
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALApril 23, 2018
I liked the job that I was given when I started with this company. But with such a high turn over it became a job i loved to hate. So there for I went looking for a job that I knew I would get better pay and be well taken care of.
Pros
bad pay
Cons
liked the job
Good place to work, not much advancement
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 4, 2018
Not enough advances and or attempts to pay more for the hard workers, management at times was hard to deal with and get good answers or positive outlook on their employees
Good place to work!
Product Specialist, North America (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 2, 2018
The environment is fast paced and you travel quite a bit as you would in this position. The management staff was good and there were many fun activities.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight