Voith Group Employee Reviews

quiet work enviroment, laid back, slow paced, but climate change conditons were stressful
Seaming Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 28, 2018
work was very hard, very strenuous and exhausting. Time to rest while product was being made. Treated somewhat bad by management as if workers in plant were inferior to the office staff. rotating shifts makes personal life non existent.. Two bonuses a year to help compensate pay
Pros
slow paced job, 2 bonuses a year, time to rest during shift
Cons
rotating shifts, bad climate conditons, very heavy, hard and stressfu work, less than desirable management
Travel, visit Onsite heavy industry
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 28, 2018
Start the day with set goals that need to be accomplished for the day. Being focused and ensuring that I have good productive day. Managing and recognizing different skill sets. Encouraging each ones skillset ensures a easy and productive work environment. Helping in keeping the work process moving smoothly and effortlessly. Designing a new product and to see it grow and be successful.
Poor Management with a rigid German culture
Office (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 21, 2018
Poor management who are not held accountable; they can do and say whatever they want and that’s gospel. Attitude is to promote from within even if folks are unqualified for the jobs. Absolutely no HR at this company. Benefits were wrong pay was wrong; no one knows what they are doing and the employee is made to feel at fault. Some good co workers but for the most part very toxic atmosphere. Advice to Germany would be to take a look into what’s really going on over here and stop making decisions based on your culture. It doesn’t work here. Get a real HR department. Pay attention to what the office individuals are saying once and a while.
Pros
Okay 401k.
Cons
Schedule changes, poor management, no HR
Enjoyable place to work. Fast paced and great teamwork!
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 6, 2018
Typical day would be processing invoices, answering emails, problem solving and assisting with cash receipts. I learned accounting procedures and G/L coding, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable skills. I have had great management support and from co-workers as well.
Pros
Relaxed schedule
Cons
Workload was to heavy at times.
Otimo
Auxiliar de Limpeza Técnica (Former Employee) –  Fiat automoveisMarch 6, 2018
Trabalhar na sua empresa e eu ganhei muitas experiências aprendi a respeitar o próximo aprendi a cumprir as regras a valorizar o emprego e saber cumprir com as normas que é dada.
Pros
Falar
Cons
Ouvir
Voith offered too much travel and little compensation.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 28, 2018
When I was hired I was more or less thrown to the wolves. I learned to advance was to step on anyone in the way. My manager was great his manager was the problem.
Very satisfying job but difficult
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INFebruary 28, 2018
This job is satisfying in the regard that there is little pressure from management to do the work quickly. They are a quality over quantity job. You work around Toyota and in that regard your week is easy. It gets difficult during the weekend when things are done on a large level. The one thing to remember is safety takes priority.
Pros
Easy week days, will earn that check, lots of overtime
Cons
Long weekends, lots of jobs that require a safe approach
Can be good or bad
Buyer (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Working at Voith can either be good or bad depending on your role. Work is not split evenly in my department. There is not a good work/life balance. As with any place some coworkers are nice and others aren't so friendly. At times it seems like management has the employees best interest at heart, and other times they do what is best for the business.
Cons
Pay, work/life balance
Fun place to work
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work ,coworkers were friendly and always worked as a team. They made you feel as a person they helped you out when you had problems .Management was good and had meetings to inform everyone how the company was doing .They were strong on safety and 5s .In the 37 I had work there we went from 8 hours to 12 hours shifts twice .I would recommend this job to anyone .
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
Management had turnover lots of changes over the years.
Productive and competitive operations.
Extrusion Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 12, 2018
This plant produces polyester and nylon string along with membrane felts. We produce the material and wind it on spools or rolls.Typical day at work includes setting up work orders. Starting and shutting down extrusion lines. Completing check list, and safety checks. Make sure all tools and objects are in there required place. This can be a fast pace job with quick learning and many opportunities to learn. Management are very involved with everyday production, and willing to help employees with any questions or concerns. Worst part of the job is the 12 hour swing shifts.
Pros
Free Lunches and dinners.
Cons
Breaks only if you have time to get one.
Work Here If You Like Modern, Cutting Edge, Innovative, Collaborative
COMMERCIAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 4, 2018
Voith is an international company that's always looking to the future! You are encouraged to speak up, offer opposing views, make suggestions, and get creative about your job. Everyone from the President on down is warm and welcoming, encouraging and supportive. They allow a great deal of autonomy, showing trust and respect for their employees. I would recommend this company to anyone!
LOTS of work to do always something different to do.
Voith (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INJanuary 31, 2018
All you do is walk around the west paint shop in toyota. It is a real dirty and grimy job sometimes. Everyone is real nice and respectful to everyone.
Hostile maintenance environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 30, 2018
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our
Lock you in to decent salary so you won't leave
N/A (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Keep in mind i'm looking at this from my position, as I hear in different departments, it's MUCH more of a team and cohesive effort from all.

My typical day at work consists of the same things, as far as what is expected of me. That aspect of the job is fantastic. It's nice knowing what to expect before you come into work; However, as with any job, things can and do "break" at a moments' notice. That's when management should step in to help out, but it's hard when they don't necessarily know how to do their subordinates jobs, like they should. Management can be fair at times, but most of the time unfair. I was hired to do a certain job, not be pulled into do jobs and tasks that aren't part of my role; Why? Just because i'm a "warm body" and others might get offended if I'm leaving after my work is done and they have to stay since it's part of the 6 or 12 month close?

The workplace culture is good. Voith treats you, for the most part, decent. The pay is average to above average(which can be both beneficial or hurtful depending on if you are looking for another job and are priced out of the market because they start you so high).

Hardest part of the job is having your job titled one way, and being told that more is expected of you since you are, for example, an "Analyst", but in the same breath, treated like a lower level employee.

Most enjoyable part of the job? Going home.
Pros
Pay is decent; Around the holidays they treat employees and families to parties
Cons
Little room for advancement in my role, management can be scatterbrained, 6 and 12 month close tasks are brutal and involve a solid week of OT and weekend work
Busy, productive and fun.
SCHEDULER/PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day at work was busy, interesting and challenging. Learned all different aspects of the business as a whole. Management was fair and willing to teach for advancing. The workplace culture was great. The hardest part of the job was having to tell the sales force when things went wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonds and friendships made with my co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits, no micro managing, lunch recognition.
Cons
Plant shutting down.
Hard working
Monofilament Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Nowhere, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Long hours at a tough job. 12 hour shifts constantly jumping between nights/days. It's a friendly work environment though, just not the job for me. One plus is you get a seven day break every month.
Pros
Lots of overtime.
Cons
Days off are dedicated to changing your sleep schedule.
Short Term Contract
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIJanuary 17, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for VOITH because it was a short-term contract and I was able to learn new things dealing with an assembly plant (GM Hamtramck). I learned how to deal with union employees, and improve the department overall as far as the LEAN methodology. A very relaxed environment with too much time on my hands which caused me to alienate employees for conversation- my bag. Uniion Employees can turn of you fast if you actually make them do their job so beware.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Union employee dishonesty
Decent people to work for
Machine Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, WVJanuary 4, 2018
Great people, dirty job but they are fair and will treat you as such. Management is fair with absences and time off. 3 days a week starting out so plenty of home time
Pros
People are Friendly and Management will work with you on issues
Cons
Dirty Job
it was a fun place
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, AL 35125January 3, 2018
typical work day operation standards and yoga

what did I learn EPA & OSHA regulations

management was excellent

work place culture it was Honda so Japanese

hardest part of the job EPA & OSHA regulation

most enjoyable part of my job making a better honda
A good place to work
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNDecember 3, 2017
I work with skilled professionals. There is a good working relationship
with the workers. We are the first skilled maintenance force at this
location so it is still a work in progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight