Voith Group Employee Reviews

not bad place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 15, 2017
Few opportunities to advance career. Little motivation or understanding from mid level management, so change does not happen easily. Top level desires change, but too many outside managers are hired who don't know much
Pros
pay is well
Cons
healthcare plans are poor
Everyone is well-mannered and exceptional in skill
TEMP SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 1, 2017
Offices are very tidy. There are open channels of communication with all departments. Any conflicts are resolved calmly and confidentially. I would recommend this company to anyone qualified for engineering or administration duties.
Pros
International company
productive and wonderful experience
Launcher Manager - Project and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 30, 2017
my education and extensive work experience in the manufacturing field has developed my sense of responsibility and initiative.
I am committed to achieving excellence and have the personal drive, dedication, and determination
Great people
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2017
Top notch all around Couldn't ask for a better environment to flourish as a professional care about the associates and the customer
Would highly recommend to anyone
Pros
Cons
travel
Fun place productive love to work there good people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALOctober 28, 2017
It was OK I like blasting and cleaning for painters it was phone just to much of bending and staying in the position for a long period of time take tole on back
Pros
Long breaks
Good place to learn
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 18, 2017
Got to Learn how to use different tools and Equiptment that I very seldom use. Learned how to use a Rattle gun to take off old paint,then buff and clean parts,put on new primer,then repainted by hand.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Didn't last long enough
Union Job with some supervision problems
Quality Inspector Apprentice (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 26, 2017
Voith is a good place to work. Great pay, great benefits. Some department supervisors are not so great to work with. Overall it's a good place to work
good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MISeptember 26, 2017
good place to work been with company 3 years laid back atmosphere i enjoy working outside and with the team of coworkers i have . insurance benefits good
Pros
hours
Cons
weather
Face pace
Vehicle Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 24, 2017
all day movement, just not enough hours or pay. to much turn over, more part time than full time. just not enough pay. no contact with other managers no contact with employees,
Construction Helper
Construction Helper (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Great company to work for, easy to get along with... Overtime available along with Saturday and Sunday hours... Willing to train, always available to answer any questions you may have...
Independant thought not prefferred
Mechanical Engineer: Kaplan Turbine (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 21, 2017
Voith Changed significantly in my time there, Hydro Electric turbines are an excellent product to work on as every one is different and offers new challenges to overcome.

The standardization of design practice and focus on timelines increased the difficulty of performing my job
Pros
Challenging design opportunities
Cons
Difficult management to work for
Managment never around when needed.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALSeptember 8, 2017
The work place is very fast paced and when something happens you need a decision maker fast. Most of the time you could not get them on the radio so you had to make the decision yourself and just hope it was the right one.
Pros
Job security, other employees are helpful
Cons
Long Hours, no advance warning on overtime, work Saturdays most of the time, Managment no around enough to know what is going on.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 7, 2017
bad company poor management. on hours on a salary. no upward movement at all manager did not know his people. and no one communicated what was going on
Pros
Cons
poor management
my review at voith
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, MSSeptember 7, 2017
My typical day at Voith can be really stressful.When ever I walk into the building you do not know what kind of environment to expect. Some time my boss can have a really bad attitude and will talk to you crazy in a minute.She put does not know how to talk or treat her employees.I come to work every day and work really hard and still my boss does not appreciate it . I have been there for 17 years now and I am really for a career change for myself and my family.
Pros
make decent money
Cons
the managers do not know how to talk or treat there employees
loved this job
Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 5, 2017
very decent place to work. treated fairly good benefits. only down fall was getting laid off. I had plans of retiring from there. room for advancement
Pros
paid lunch
Voith has been a very pleasant employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 7, 2017
Working for Voith for 40 years has been a journey that was rewarding and educational. I was able to learn a tremendous amount of information about our product.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Great company bad management
Annonymus (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 4, 2017
Personally enjoyed my job but was under paid. Great peiple to work with. Sometimes Sometimes management doesn't communicate. The left doesn't know what the righr is doing.
Pros
Great people and good benefits
Cons
Promotions without compensation
Very nice company to work for
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 1, 2017
Management was friendly and approachable. Culture was great. I enjoyed working for a third party to a Fortune 500 Automotive company. The job assignment ended.
Dispatching at its best
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 28, 2017
Being a dispatcher was rewarding at times, but most of the time it was pretty boring.
No room for advancement and pay increases where very small.
Management was not that great.
Pros
No clocking out for lunch
Cons
MIssed a lot of family events
Inspiring Company for 11 years
Lead Service Line Manager - Main Building (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2017
I was and am a big fan of Voith. Things starting changing toward the end when we started hiring one of our biggest competitors employers and putting them in roles that would simply just re-create the competitors goals and ambitions. I had some wonderful experiences with company until the end when our regional manager turned almost overnight to something that wasn't ever explained. I knew I had to go before I was replaced by the competitors employee. That's ultimately what happened.
Pros
Great people, good money, good benefits, and I had fun
Cons
Goals never fully explained, Upper mgt never fully understand the UAW relationship & their motives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss