Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Found 1,322 reviews matching the search See all 4,626 reviews
Was a good place to get my foot in the door, dennis lundy is a great owner.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2018
I started off working in the wash bay, detailing cars and being a lot attendant, after a few months i started managing the wash and a few employees, from there I started working in the quick lube lanes, changing oil. I enjoyed the people in worked with, made a few decent friends and had some time usually during our shifts to take a break when it wasn't super busy. Management was pretty cool, understanding, but not very willing to give anyone raises. From starting in the wash, to managing it, to moving to the Express lube, I never saw a raise in the 2 years I worked there, even after asking for it when I felt it was fair to see how much I had progressed. I ended.up leaving for another job because I didnt see my hourly wage going up anytime soon.
Pros
Breaks, easy job
Cons
No raises
VW Customer Care
VW CARE Phone Advocate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 9, 2018
I received a good amount of experience and knowledge of the automotive industry and how they interact with their customer base. I dealt with customer's first interaction with the Brand to resolve vehicle or dealership concerns. Culture is typically good as leadership do attempt to make their employees feel appreciated. The hardest part is dealing with difficult denials for assistance.
Pros
Generally a good environment to work in
Cons
Lack of PTO compared to other companies and salary is average
Huntington NY Volkswagen Review
Don't worry about it (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYNovember 9, 2018
Overall I had a great experience before new management came in December 2017 & ruined everyone's concentration increasing levels of stress. He should be terminated but that is not my concern anymore.
Pros
Some great coworkers
Cons
not so great coworkers & poor management and no raises once new management came in.
Very disjointed and excessive infighting
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 9, 2019
A constant battle between departments for headcount and funding prevents fluid growth and development across the board. Publicly known serious legal implications have really had a severe and long reaching impact on work flow and general trust within the organization.
Pros
Employee discount on cars is awesome
Cons
Only true path for growth is to leave the company and come back, otherwise your a locked into salary bands.
Great Money
Closure Line Body Shop (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 17, 2018
okay place to work benefits are amazing but very long hours and very physically demanding work. they have their own cafe and medical clinic so everything you would need is on site.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours, and lots of overtime.
Team Members kept in the dark
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 29, 2018
Honest hard work, pays well, but management does not care about you on a personal level. You are merely a figure to help increase their bonus. Expect meaningless overtime.
Pros
Great pay and benifits. Lease car program.
Cons
Managers, parking.
Very busy work day
BDC Representative, Service Department (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 4, 2018
Management is not very fair with work compensation, Co workers are not very friendly, competitive work environment, commission does not get paid as promised upon hire.
Pros
You learn to communicate with all customers of the spectrum.
Cons
short breaks, no commission as promised, no team work
Great Company
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILOctober 21, 2018
Great company to work for cool perks with vehicle leasing program. Great culture when it comes to family and employee participation efforts on a social level. Education is phenomenal. compensation package for that type of industry is first rate.
Pros
vehicle leasing program
Cons
n/a
great job, great pay, good working environment, great boss
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJune 10, 2018
great working where product was build - great talented workers
seeing finished product was exciting - not just numbers and balance sheets but actual product - noisy and busy lots of workers involved in all processes - learned that working together was necessary to complete the production process - detail oriented production verified as perfect end product was obtained if not it was re done until it reached the perfection of its original design - hardest part of job was losing it when plant was moved to Mexico - most enjoyable part was seeing the finished product of all the labor
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
job moved to Mexico - i wish i could have stayed there for my entire working life
Typical Dealership Mentality
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 13, 2018
Hours were 730am-6pm 6 days a week. If you arent there, you dont make any money. Pretty traditional dealership mentality. Horrible benefits, greedy owners, lack of ANY respect for ANY employees outside the upper management structure. The pay is respectable, but for the hours put in, and lack of work/life balance, it isnt worthwhile.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
zero respect from mgmt, benefits are non-existant, and work/life balance comes second to making the owners money.
Direct Bank as an Operations Assurance Executive (Current Employee) –  MexicoAugust 9, 2018
Great culture of service and good management.
I love working here, I just need professionally growth. I have been working here since 2014 and I have had promotions, but still I want something bigger.
Pros
vacations, health care
Cons
salary
Fun workplace with a lot of opportunity for advancement
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 26, 2018
Great company to work for. VW has shown me a sincere interest in its employees by offering proper training. VW has always effectively communicated expectations and level of performance to be reached followed by proper compensation.
Fair & Equitable
TDI Settlement Specialist (Contract/Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVDecember 13, 2018
This was a very positive experience for me. The people and customers were great to work for and with. Someone was always available to help with issues.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Having to work on Saturdays
Good management, made lots of life long friends
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2018
Very good pay and benefits. Comfortable, climate controlled work environment. Excellent food service and numerous vending machines. I gained carer enhancing experience in the automobile field.
Pros
listed above
Cons
Very long hours, Swing shift schedule, (one week day shift, one week nights), very crowded employee parking lot, Sometimes 15-20 minute walk from car to team room.
Management and workforce doesnt seem to mesh well with each other
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 2, 2018
Little chances of advancement. Workers inform management with problems or concerns and majority of time seems like it falls on deaf ears. Pay and benefits are decent
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Travel to work, lack of support from above
No managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
to much hours with not benefits no over time ,more in 12hrs a day.
We don't have manager.
we don't have supervisor .
Beceause they not give him money.
Not my cup of Tea
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2018
Poor Management, no set schedule. Pay is horrible. Parking is terrible. If you want to find a spot without walking literally a mile to your job and back to your car; you have to get there an hour and a half early.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Management, Pay, Parking, hours
Dealership Group as a whole is a great company.
Pre-Owned Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 25, 2018
Clear my desk of pending work. Update pricing. Update online vehicle display as it relates to equipment. Review all trade-in's Retail and wholesale. Update certification status on all Volkswagen Vehicles. Upload all closed Repair Orders to the Kelly Website. Scan Auto Auctions for possible retail opportunities. Work with the service department to review repairs required. Authorize as needed. Work with outside venders. Visit with recon department to monitor status of all vehicle in detail. Organize retail lot. Appraise trades.
Pros
I stay busy all day.
Cons
Lack support from management
N/a
Head detailer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work at, worked around a bunch of positive people & would not speak negative on anyone that i worked with &worked under, management was good, pay was good, benefits were tremendous & was overall a great place to work at!
The Typical Corporate Mess
Express Contractor, Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 2, 2018
High level of corporate politics

High expectations, but with good coaching systems, little reward for exceeding expectations - but some reward.

The word "Schmoozing" was used in an official coaching session for not attending a "non-mandatory" company outing, that I opted not to attend. Which resulted in that coaching opportunity that went on record.

My supervisor called me "The Jingle Guy" and a "Know-it-all school-boy" because I liked to ask, and answer questions accurately and in detail.

They throw good potlucks

I got laid off with 10 other people due to the emissions scandal workforce reduction
Pros
Potlucks, Benefits
Cons
Corporate Greed, Corporate Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.4K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Volkswagen.

Powered by Comparably