Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Found 1,221 reviews matching the search See all 4,284 reviews
work place
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 16, 2018
i don't work for Volkswagen i work for a third party company in Volkswagen and it is horrible and the management is horrible i hate it i wish i could get hire on to Volkswagen but cant
Not my cup of Tea
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2018
Poor Management, no set schedule. Pay is horrible. Parking is terrible. If you want to find a spot without walking literally a mile to your job and back to your car; you have to get there an hour and a half early.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Management, Pay, Parking, hours
Most enjoyable part of the job
service express technician (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJuly 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the co-workers. I loved working with the people I worked with. They were funny, accepting and friendly
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
Pay
INTERNET SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 9, 2018
I was the internet manager for the company. I was well compensated.
There was a comfortable environment to work in. We had many bonus plans to increase your monthly pay.
We had a superior product sell. The management was top notch.
Pros
Great pay plan
Cons
Older building to work in
It was alright
Parts Clerk / Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2018
The job itself was fine and I enjoyed my co-workers, my manager was just not a nice person and treated me specifically vastly different than the other staff when I gave him no reason to do so. I requested a transfer to a different store so I could keep working for them, but I wasn't taken seriously when I expressed my concerns.
great place to work all around
Service/Parts Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2018
great people to work with and the customers are the best. they believe in taking care of the associates and customers. great structure and process driven.
Pros
free lunch every Saturday
Cons
Helping clients get the right VW!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 7, 2018
Excellent management that cares! Excellent training. Long hours! This is the car business! Unless you are willing to work long hours and every weekend don't even think about it! Everything you do is based on what you sold in terms of quantity, gross, and CSI! Attendance is key! If you are the kind of person who is always late or sick, stay home! Don't apply!
Pros
Good income potential
Cons
Sales is very demanding!! Long hours! Hard to take leave.
Productive and fast paced
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 3, 2018
I would come into work and get started on a car that has just been brought in. Or I would help my coworkers with whatever they have going at the moment I come in. I would change the oil and oil filter; air and cabin filters; rotate tires and replace tires if they needed replacing; I would pay attention to tire sizing and psi. Efficiency is the name of the game.
Good management, made lots of life long friends
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2018
Very good pay and benefits. Comfortable, climate controlled work environment. Excellent food service and numerous vending machines. I gained carer enhancing experience in the automobile field.
Pros
listed above
Cons
Very long hours, Swing shift schedule, (one week day shift, one week nights), very crowded employee parking lot, Sometimes 15-20 minute walk from car to team room.
Best Car Culture
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 3, 2018
Findlay Volkswagen was the most well run dealership I have ever been around. The owner and management team you truly felt cared about you. They respected their employees and customers.
Pros
saturday lunchs, free soda fountain and bottled water and to be around a great atmosphere
Management was terrible
Region Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 2, 2018
Would not recommend working at Volkswagen. The only good part was working with the dealers. You are over worked and under paid and you dont get the recognition from management.
N/a
Head detailer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work at, worked around a bunch of positive people & would not speak negative on anyone that i worked with &worked under, management was good, pay was good, benefits were tremendous & was overall a great place to work at!
Working culture
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  MunichJune 24, 2018
Working culture is quite good and relaxed. There is no such burden, people are very co-operative and open.

I stayed there for around 5 months and I really enjoyed my time with my colleagues, although I did not really learn very useful skills.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed and organizaed
Cons
No time for intern to teach them
Great benefits and environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78043June 21, 2018
The company is very well organized and uses online training courses to give you a better understanding on your individual role on the dealership. tons of benefits
Cons
You will work 60+ hours a week.
great lunch breaks
Lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 21, 2018
make great friends just watch your back do everything the managers tell you be careful driving and if you like driving to get vehicles from other dealerships and or delivering vehicles this is a job for you
Pros
free lunches every saturday
Cons
management
Excellent company to work for
Quality Assurance Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this company. Great place to intern at. I would highly recommend this job to anyone. Good family feel to this company and benefits are great
4 years in Marketing and Customer Refferals
Product Specialist / Promoter (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJune 20, 2018
Being able to express my passion and love for Volkswagen cars and company mindset was wonderful! Nothing but good things to say about working for Volkswagen. Truly a one of a kind company.
Pros
Flexible hours and awesome job!
Decent Environment
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 20, 2018
At the time, the staff there were halfway decent and helpful. Techs truly knew their trade and the vehicles they worked on. Still keep in touch with them to this day
Good company to work for
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2018
If you want a lot of hours and need money then this is the place to work. They even have like 6 different restaurants inside to eat at.and they have a lot of break rooms and they even have showers there too. It's really a good place to work and good pay.
Competitive workplace with good pay and benefits.
Measuring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2018
Volkswagen is a high paced and competitive workplace. The pay and benefits are good. However, it is difficult to get hired on as a full time employee.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Very competitive.