Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Relaxed and easy going place of work. Great people
Cashier/Porter (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 17, 2017
Working at Volkswagen was a fun experience. You learn a lot in a short amount of time but it does not feel overwhelming. The manager is respectful and an a around good guy, he works with his employees and makes sure they are Happy and comfortable working.
Pros
Free Saturday lunches, drive some nice cars, plenty of down time
Cons
Tedious work
Productive and caring
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 15, 2017
This company provides childcare,exercise many many discounts and the pay is excellent. Now it is hard work but as the saying goes hard work pays off.If you get the job keep it
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 14, 2017
this is a fun place to work especially if you like working with volkswagen and audi vehicles and you also get discounts on leasing with them. i recommend.
Warranty Admin
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 13, 2017
Daily I was responsible for coding, submitting and collecting all warranty claims.
I reviewed the warranty schedule with my Service Manager on a weekly basis to resolve aged and past due claims.
Nothing to say
Senior Data Warehouse /ETL/Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 13, 2017
It's very bad culture only family people can servile easily with out having knowledge.The place i never seen in my life .Only wife and husband can work there without having technical skills
It’s great, but I need to make more money.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 11, 2017
Great place to work! Everyone is awesome. It just doesn’t pay me enough. I have been trying to move up but I can’t even get my manager to sit down with me.
Great place to work with many opporunties
Funding Representative (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILNovember 8, 2017
At Volkswagen they do a good job of offering a variety of opportunities for advancement. The work is interesting and advancement is certainly a possibility. Leaders have begun to put their teams before the workload recently too, showing a healthy transition a better workload and work life balance. Currently there is still lots of overtime but the compensation is appropriate. Great place to work overall.
Pros
Compensation, advancement, team-oriented culture
Cons
Work life balance
Working at Volkswagen
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 6, 2017
This job has its stresses just like any other, somedays can be slow, otherws very busy. If you are a flexible person, this is a perfect job environment.
Work hard, get paid less
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2017
I work on my days off, I never get to go to lunch, I work hard and don't get paid for myself for the jobs I do (meaning I share the money I make on the jobs I do with someone who doesn't even work at all), just as an overall VW does not take care of their own employees. That's why people are always leaving and quitting their company. And I'm not being overdramatic, it's fact.
Not much to say
Lot Porter (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 30, 2017
This was a temp job. Its easy. Don't expect a career or good pay. The lot is really small so it makes moving the cars around especially tricky. Also, the customers there are the absolute worst.
Pros
easy
Cons
bad customers
Never again
Business Development Center Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYOctober 21, 2017
Before new management came on board this place was decent to work for... very unprofessional, management spoke about pay rate to other employees like me.
Keeps you on your feet and working with your hands
Master Journeyman Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 17, 2017
Great atmosphere when work is flowing. Due to the cutback on labor times and not getting paid on diagnosis it's no longer cost effective to work here.
Park Cities Volkswagen
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
First Job out of college and I got into sales at Park Cities VW. C It was a very fast paced high stress environment. I basically lived at the dealership. Volkswagens are a great car however sales in the car industry is not for everyone.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Asesor de Ventas Autos Seminuevos (Current Employee) –  Distrito FederalOctober 17, 2017
Fuerza de ventas de autos seminuevos, sobre autos que compra la agencia a planta y a particulares que desean adquirir automóviles nuevos o seminuevos.
Pros
ninguno
Cons
no vendes, no cobras
Volkswagen is a family friendly operated business. The environment is very comfortable, stocked with all tools needed to get your job done.
CSI/CALL-CENTER MANAGER AND FLOATER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
Each day at Volkswagen brought something different. I could serve as a floater advisor, to screening resumes, training in the call center or just scheduling appointments for the week. Management put a lot of trust in your abilities to perform your duties with minimal assistance. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make decisions with the support of management to support and back me on those decisions. I enjoyed exceeding brand standards every year for my company, keeping us at the number one spot. The hardest part of my Job was having to witness my Service manager retire after so many wonderful years of successful business and friendship.
Great place to work if you are a regular employee
NA (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 13, 2017
Almost not possible to convert from a contractor to a regular employee. It is a German company but feels like working in India. It is a great place to work if you have a college degree from India.
Pros
Experience another culture without leaving the country.
Cons
Do not expect any typical professional relationships as in corporate America.
Productive work place
Telematics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2017
Very productive balanced competitive wrkplace. Opportunity for growth was practiced management was helpful and encouraging always. Career and education help was offered.
Fast paced but relaxed
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2017
Fast paced work place but relaxed at times. I’ve learned a lot and grew a tremendous amount from the start of my career. Volkswagen is a good place to work for and gain a lot of knowledge
excellent work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYOctober 12, 2017
I have had several years as a technician for Volkswagen and enjoy my job very much as a technician.I have grown through the years and look forward to continuing my career with the company
Good product line.
TECHNICIAN & SHOP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
Generally good product line and normal policies and procedures. Vehicles are easy to repair once the learning curve has been attained. manufacturer support is generally good.