Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Poor Management Staff, Overworked and underpaid employees
Assembly Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 1, 2018
Poor Management Staff, Overworked and underpaid employees. Rotating shifts were stressful and hard on employee family members. It is not family oriented anymore nor do they consider their employees as they did in the beginning
Highly stressful Environment that could be very cutthroat
Buyer, General Purchasing Group (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2018
Volkswagen was a highly stressful work environment. I found that there was alot of duplication in your work which caused alot of inefficiencies. The work was very interesting but alot of the time was unnecessary. The compensation was good and there were good benefits but all of that meant nothing when it came to the amount of stress that you were under.
Pros
Great work experience and compensation
Cons
Lots of unnecessary duplication in the workplace.
A productive place to work. Offered many ways to advance your career
service technician (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at work is a busy day at work. With none stop diagnosis, maintenance, and customer service. I have learned many tasks with Engine diagnosis, Transmission diagnosis, Steering & Suspension diagnosis, Brakes diagnosis, HVAC diagnosis, and Electrical diagnosis. The work place culture was outstanding. I loved every bit of working with other employees. The hardest part was learning something new while a customer was waiting and your trying to diagnose their vehicle in a timely matter, but I also really love that about my job there as well. I have found that I work very well under pressure.
Pros
The feeling of working with an incredible group of people
Cons
Not having enough time for lunch
Excellent structure.
Regional District Manager (Current Employee) –  Home office basedJanuary 30, 2018
Excellent well organized company with outstanding
communications in the field to perform diesel buyback program.
Established a great re pore with the dealerships in the state of Illinois and northwest Indiana.Well presented and excellent dealer group.
basically telemarketingW
Internet Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 29, 2018
we would get leads from our boos of people to call to see if they were interested in coming in to purchase a vehicle. we did have a certain monthly quota to meet for the amount of people we brought in
Great benefits
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 28, 2018
The thing that I liked most about working at Volkswagen is their benefit packages. Although I am a full time employee, I am not a permanent employee; so those benefits are not extended to me as of yet. However I am familiar with them and they seem to be very fair. Also, employees receive discounts on company vehicles.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Work shift/long hours extending past the late evening.
Class Action Law Suit Agent
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 28, 2018
I worked 40 hours a week, 4 days and 10 days. I started a year ago on the Class Action Lawsuit. Volkswagen was in need of experienced customer service representatives to service over 650,000 claims. I worked as a Customer Service Agent assisting claimants in getting scheduled to have their vehicles repaired or surrendering their vehicles back to Volkswagen. Our call center was open seven days a week from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm e.s.t. The project is about to come to a close and that's why I'm looking for another position.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
strick attendance policies
overall ok place to work
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 28, 2018
It was a job. Not a big fan of dealership environment. Only worried about making money not taking care of the customer. the flat rate program was not what I had expected. Take care of the customer and they will take care of you.
Great selection of Cars
Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 27, 2018
I worked for them in the sales side. I definitely would recommend this as a place to work. They take care of employees and customers. I had a great time at this location as well.
solid place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 27, 2018
This a solid place to work at with good environment. flexible with the schedule and good with time off. Upbeat and fun to work. Management could be better in some aspects but overall good.
A friendly dealership
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2018
They hire nice people, and is not as cut throat as some other dealers that I have been at. A good place to get in and they have opportunity to move up in the automotive business, they have over 60 dealers nation wide.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
little slower traffic because of the brand
Volkswagen
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 22, 2018
Going in at 6:00 am working all day until 4:45 or 5:45 pm which ever they decide to do.
I have to load carts and take car parts around to the assembly line.
internet leads
Ian Pappenheimer, General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 22, 2018
They gave every internet lead to a couple different salesmen. There was no way I could make the amount of money I need to survive on with the traffic that they had.
Understaffed and lots of hours
Sales Manager/IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 20, 2018
I am just leaned on to do too many other tasks and duties that other employees there are paid to do, but don't. No advancement opportunities at this establishment.
Pros
I love the challenge and the people
Cons
Crazy hours, including working from home also. Benefits are expensive and always understaffed.
I wouldn't recommend this
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 19, 2018
I worked for this company on and off for 3 years. The environment is good. Great salesmen and great service guys work there. Management is what makes this store miserable. In the 3 years that I was there I saw 4 different General Mangers, countless sales managers and more salesman than I could count. The pay plan is designed to set you up for failure. The hours you put in to this place won't reflect on your paycheck. Management has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Sales managers who get flustered when they have 1 more deals in front of them. If you're considering getting a job to not make any money and to constantly be at work than this place is the place for you.
Pros
Good group of salesmen and service guys, free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Pay, management, location, lack of direction, hours
People were great and I loved my job. But the company itself is horrible to work for and they see you as disposable garbage.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 19, 2018
Don’t work for I-5cars. Before I went on maternity leave I was a lead receptionist working 53 hours a week and when I came back they gave my position away and let me go
Awfull place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 18, 2018
This is an awful place to work better environment than friendly sales people and careless staff managers the general Manager scandalous careless person .The administrative office girls Are miserable to work with .stay away from Quirk VW .
Pros
Cons
1 hour
Unique sales environment with laid back culture.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 16, 2018
Unique place to work. More of a laid back atmosphere but still stressful due to commission. Small staff which is a plus. Not the most ideal location as it’s off the main road.
Tough and Fast placed workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Cut-throat at times. Great environment to get some sales experience under your belt. Dealership strives to obtain excellent customer service at all times.

Hours are very tough. 1 day off per week (most likely a weekday).
Pros
Top Dealership/Facilities
Cons
Hours can be a pain.
Great first job experience
Porter (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Working for Volkswagen was one of the best decisions that I made. It was my first job so I saw both the white collar workers (car salesman)
and blue-collar workers (technicians). Management was organized and effective. Co-workers were friendly and hard working. There will always be work that needs to be done at Volkswagen. My advice is to come with the right mindset that makes you productive.
Pros
Management will have free lunch every Saturday