Volt Employee Reviews

Found 2,768 reviews matching the search See all 3,324 reviews
Evenly paced work day
AR Collections (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 17, 2019
The workday was evenly paced with a minimum amount of meetings . Every receivables rep had a different type of assignment .
While there was not much interaction as it related to teamwork . The workforce was friendly. I was a nice place to work
Great coworkers
Quality Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 17, 2019
The atmosphere was basically relaxed. I had no problem working for Volt or FMC. I felt included as an employee by FMC while I was working there and the girls in the Volt office were always very accomodating.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Didn't use my brain
management
Lead Technican / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Well I was there working for Volt the ONLY good thing was I had a great onsite Supervisor but he had a very difficult position with upper management. Upper management did not have it together at all. But it was good well it lasted.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Wouldn't reccommend working for this company!
Material Handler 2: Mh2 Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2019
The assignment I work at, it is a very difficult assignment. The culture is not conducive of everyday life, but then again, maybe it is. It is VERY onesided. The current supervisors and leads are not very supportive. Management is not supportive and is not listening to the employee(s) chief complaints! There is no transparency and no accountability for their actions. They are eager to "coach" and then terminate an employee, but they do not do the same for the managers or leads. The pay for this assignment starts at minimum wage. For the work that is required, it should be MUCH MORE! Benefits don't start until you have vested 6+months of continuous work (i.e. 1,000 hours of continuous work). There is no PTO only 3 paid sick days accrued a year. They keep rehiring bad employees (multiple times) who had to resign to avoid getting fired for attendance issues, etc. There is too much favoritism given to certain "ethnic group(s)" and their family members. Doing overtime is not yet mandatory, but it is only offered to certain employees on a needed day-to-day basis. There is such a HIGH turnover rate that it is ridiculous. Though advised not to, many employees of various ethnic origins have major hygiene issues. Parking sucks.
Pros
A job to have that pays weekly.
Cons
Everything!
Contract
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 15, 2019
A typical work day consists of you calling in to see if they had work for you, unless you were on a long term assignment.
The work culture is relaxed
quite and productive work place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 13, 2019
great people to work with and had lot of assistance while training and working on the floor. All the Volt employees were very helpful thru the application process and thru training.
Cons
break/lunch room too small
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2019
Would not work for them again. You can feel the racist vibe, no advancement and they treat you like animals. Don't want you to miss any days. After 2days there ready to fire you.
decent pay
Provide Screen Sharing to guide user (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2019
This employer does not care for their workers, and the hiring process is an open door as soon as someone is hired they quickly leave or are fired and they do not care about employees well being.
Volt is a temp agency
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Volt is a temp agency and each assignment varies. Most recent assignment ended, but at no fault of volt or myself. Great response time with my direct contact at volt through email.
Very inconsistent
JFK Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2019
The recruiters take forever to get back with you about information needed to start the job asap. Poor communication and lack of information provided about requirements. I had to constantly call them to set up my drug test appointment. It was a one way communication, meaning that we would only speak if I called or emailed them.
Cons
Inconsistent, Lack of Communication
Flexible and determined company
On-Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 30, 2019
Volt allowed their recruiter's to freelance and utilize all methods of recruitment while providing resources. Volt introduced me to wonderful leaders on a corporate level who instilled quality values and morals.
Pros
Flexibility, Anti-Micro-management
Cons
Prolonged corporate processes such as payroll, lengthy onboarding process
Prodictive and fund work place with Sound Tecnologies
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Work was fund eventhought the customers were vetenarians the technology for the pet imiging was innovative making the tech support fun and exciting. I enjoyed remote connection
Pros
The vetenarians were nice people
Cons
did not stay long enough
Do not work for volt
Design Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 25, 2019
Temp job that has no future. Its a long term temp job that does not allow you to work for another agency for 90 days with the same company. The management understands the difficult situation their employees are put in and does report the issues to corporate.
Pros
Cons
It's a pay check for your time worked
Try a different company
TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 24, 2019
Volt is just as bad as the next indirect agency representing a company. Apply if you like changing policies, non negotiable shifts, poor training, etc
Pros
Occasional Free Food
Cons
Working
It was a good entry service desk job
Apple Care Advisor Tier (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 23, 2019
It was an ok service entry type job, I loved working at Apple and it was great. Always promised that we would be hired full time, but it never happened and was let go. Had to wait 3 months to try and get into Apple again. Other than that discount was okay but the feeling of working there was great.
No opportunities
Assignment Verification Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 20, 2019
Learned a lot but would not recommend. They do not offer pay compatible with the market. Everyone is overworked due to high turnover and lack of advancement opportunities.
Assistance
Temporary Accounting Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hampshire, ILJanuary 19, 2019
They have been great with helping me find a position to continue working at until I can return to what I was doing. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly in doing so.
This was a temp job, and my placement was with Telefunken
Eng. Staffing, Irvine (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2019
This was a temp job agency I used to work at Telefunken. So, the judgment criteria was really with Telefunken, and not so much with Volt. But, the office staff at Volt handled all the payroll details well.
Great Work Environment
Quality Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJJanuary 17, 2019
Enjoyed my time spent there. Middle management was excellent and very motivated. Top management mismanaged projects/budget and eventually lead to the closing of the company.
Kind of fun...
Senior Advisor iOS T2/Mac+ Advisor T1 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2019
You will be learning new things.
Promotions available.
But there is a few negatives to it. Mainly the job itself. There will be a learning curve at first, but after a while it's very repetitive. The people that work there are the best part, but management has always shown to careless about you. They mainly need seat's filled. They also say one thing and do the complete opposite a few seconds later.
Pros
The great advisors that have been there through thick and thin.
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight