Volunteer State Community College Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 11, 2017
I worked at volunteer state community college for work study and it was a great experience. My coworkers and managers were great. I highly recommend vscc.
Very friendly staff and students
Business Office Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 20, 2017
Vol State was a very pleasant place to be employed. The staff was very supportive. I enjoyed interacting with the students as well. I really don't have anything negative to say about the school except the part time employees do not receive raises.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere
Cons
No raises
Low Stress Work Environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 14, 2017
Working for a state community college is extremely low stress work. However, the compensation, as expected, is on the lower end of the pay spectrum and earning a promotion can be tricky.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
n/a
Student (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 13, 2017
this is a college and not a place of employment. I attended this college for general education courses only so I can't rate the job experience, it was a great college.
low pay, good schedule
Professor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 21, 2016
Little advancement opportunity but long term employment. good people.

nice place.

students are generally committed and faculty takes a lot of time to support them.
Good students, good faculty and staff
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee) –  1480 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066December 20, 2016
Volunteer State is a school that serves its students well. The faculty is diligent and the staff supportive. The emphasis too often is on administrative duties however, to the loss of teaching. At times the administration seems against senior faculty, in fact. Work in our field is not recognized and sometimes discouraged. So a split, students and classes are fine. Administration can be a problem.
Pros
Students, faculty, staff.
Cons
Administration
Great place.
Language Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 12, 2016
Vol State was the first place that I worked as a professional. It was a fantastic learning experience with wonderful people. I enjoyed the hours. It never felt like work.
Part Time Employment
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 9, 2016
I am not qualified to rate Volstate on overall employment being a part time employee I was not qualified to receive any of the benefits they offer. However my experience was a good one and if I was able to become a full time employee I would not have left. In future I hope to find employment with as good of a working environment as I experienced at Volstate.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Part time
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 16, 2016
They have multiple campuses and online courses available, along with great professors and aids. The most enjoyable part was the hands on experience I gained and learning something new each day.
Student of the Game while Learning
Student in Learning (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 14, 2016
To get somewhere, one must first learn deep the tool's needed for one's toolbox to complete mission's daily? This School was not a place of work, it was a place of learning in hopes of furthering my career endeavors. Classes pushed one, Knowledge gained useful, now, it is time to put it to test of strength and creativeness to tasks at hand wherever I might be employed?

Want to know more about Volunteer State Community College?

Ask a question
Great
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 18, 2016
No Issues. Great place to work. Administration is very helpful. This has always been good with work-life. All aspects of this job has always been good.
Great Place to work
Call Center for Advising (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 1, 2015
This is a great call center for advising. It is a very busy place during registration. The day is filled with interaction with college students looking to advance their education. The salary could be a lot better for my financials.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Fine place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 7, 2015
Great place to work to develop communication skills as well as learn as much about Information Technology as possible. Great balance of learning and communication.
Good Position to Work for a Full- or Part-Time Student
Supplementary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 9, 2015
Very fun and relaxing work setting. The job allows the instructor to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge within the subject and to also refresh their previous understanding. It is a really helpful job to help a full-time student with this institution also make some side-income. However, pay was based on if you had students attend, which was not always certain.
Pros
Flexible hours, use of relevant skills and knowledge, informal work setting, supportive management
Cons
Pay was partially based on attendance of others, not able to work full-time
Very productive and exciting
Peer Instructor and student (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNJune 21, 2015
I was a student here and it was the best experience I have had. I would recommend and still do, that students consider this facility.
Excellent opportunity to gain education experience and succeed
Supplemental Instructor; Language Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 17, 2014
Aiding students willing to seek out help outside of class
Effective communication with teachers/management
Constantly creating new ways to help students study
Education experience even as a student
Relaxed but professional environment
Apprecation for new education techniques and class activities
Pros
Relaxed but professional environment
Always hetic but students were happy to be there
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 30, 2014
Enjoyed teaching but I never knew where classes would be located.
A very exciting opportunity to work closely with and help othe rstudents
Peer Instructor and student (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNJune 26, 2014
A typical day was always beneficial to me. I had the chance to make new friends and help students prepare for class homework and tests. I felt I made a difference with many of the students.
Pros
Life experience
Cons
No pay
Amazing Experience
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 4, 2014
I helped a group of students several times a week. I enjoyed being in front of a classroom helping them learn difficult concepts.
Great work enviroment
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJanuary 29, 2014
I truly enjoyed this job. The educational environment was exceptional. I also loved being able to help the staff and students with any IT needs they may have had.
My typical day involved checking all equipment to be sure they were functioning properly. Ordering any supplies that was needed. Making myself available to any student of staff member who may need IT assistance. I also kept the equipment and all the labs cleaned and organized.
I learned my thirst for knowledge will never be quenched.
My co-workers we amazing, I still maintain relationships with them today.
The most difficult part of my job was that it was a part time position and that it was contract. Other than that I loved it.