Volunteers in Medicine Employee Reviews

Great place to start
NP Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Wonderful job with great experiencem enjoyed collaborating with great nurse practitioners that truly cared for patients. Great hours and patient load.
Great place to volunteer
Front office receptionist and Pharmacy support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 25, 2018
Everyone's nice, it's not too busy and great location. They are very good at training and don't mind if it takes you a little longer to get the hang of things.
Review of VIM
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 23, 2017
I would rather not review VIM. It would not profit for me to continue looking back. I'm excited about a new chapter in my life with the worker's comp field.
Test
Scheduler and Screener (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 6, 2017
I enjoy working with customers and providing information on their questions. I diligently answer all questions and provide quick responses. I truly enjoy working for them.
Great place to work at!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 7, 2017
Free clinic that is staffed by Volunteers. Great people to work with and a rewarding job! Being able to assist patients who need care really makes this job worth while.
Assisted new and current clients check in
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2016
A fabulous place to work at, even though it was all volunteers. Very rewarding to assist others including management
For new clients,provided a list of documents they needed. Once received, reviewed all to make sure was correct. Referred them to the intake person to process them.
Made appointments and called ahead to verify day before they were to arrive.
Pros
Great people to work with
busy volunteer clinic
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 3, 2016
This was a volunteer clinic with a small budget. We served many needy individuals with minimal staff. The clinic could have used a few full time employees to perform better.
Pros
many patients in need of services
Cons
not able to meet all patients needs
Productive and a great learning experience
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 4, 2016
Very friendly staff. I learned a lot from all the diversities of specialties of the doctors. Working with the patients and doctors was very rewarding and gratifying.
Volunteer job
Unpaid Internship (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 26, 2016
Unpaid internship

Scanned medical documents

No longer volunteering there

Office setting

Data Entry

Through CIP got placed at internship
Awesome place
Volunteer RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2015
I did not work here, completed a student clinic rotation. Staff was excellent. Provided excellent patient care. Prime example of a medical home. Wish I could work there.

Want to know more about Volunteers in Medicine?

Ask a question
Very and Knoweldgeable staff and Doctors
Extern/Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 3, 2015
I completed my extern at this facility and was very impressed with the friendliness and the giving and caring spirit of all the nurses and doctors who give freely of their time and expertise to help uninsured clients get the medical help they need.
Rewarding workplace to services the people who are in need of medical advice and supplies
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 30, 2015
Patients come in to our non-profit location and receive the help they need. We make sure they get the medicine they need for a very low price and explain to them how to better take care of them selves. All of my co-workers come from different hospitals so each has there own special skill that they can apply here.
Pros
You get to save and improve lives.
Cons
I don't get to work here everyday. I'm just a volunteer.
Caring environment with quality caregivers.
Clinical Experience (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 12, 2015
A great resource for our community, meeting needs for an underserved population. The doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and support staff work hard to ensure a good patient experience.
Volunteers in Medicine
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 3, 2014
I have learned so much from my volunteer position at Volunteers in Medicine. I have gained great experience working in the records department and adhering to HIPAA requirements. Volunteers in Medicine is a non-profit organization. It has been a life changing experience while also gaining work experience.
Pros
Getting the opportunity to learn from so many knowledgeable physicians and staff.
Cons
This is not a paid position.
Great community resource
Mental Health Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 25, 2014
VIM is a great place to work, everyone is very supportive and the work is so fulfilling and rewarding.
A nice place to work and meet people.
LVN-Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 25, 2014
I have very much enjoyed everything about VIM, the doctors and nurses and staff that I work with have been very helpful. The patients are grateful to be able to come to a place and get help. It's very heart warming. I am glad that I have the opportunity to help make someone's day better.
Pros
It is all good.
Cons
I have none.
Fun internal environment that could be hampered by a slow schedule
Volunteer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 27, 2014
A typical day at work would be calling in prescriptions to outside pharmacies, updating customer files, rotating medications in stock and answering patient calls.

I learned that the medical field, especially within the volunteer spectrum, is incredibly intricate ballet between insurance providers, patient qualifications and prescription quantities.

Management was responsive and supportive and my coworkers were most pleasant and enjoyable to be around.

Hardest part of the job was learning the computer system and interpreting the data it provided you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was calling in prescriptions to outside pharmacies as the staff were always interesting and entertaining.
Pros
Fun people, healthy atmosphere
Cons
Repetitive work.
Very educating
Medical Office Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2014
Checkung in patients and scheduling appointments. Very friendly
Fun place to work at.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 18, 2014
Great chances of opportunities to do what an individual sets out to do with their college education, learning new skills and/or something to do for the community.
Volunteer position in a generous and compassionate facility.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 6, 2014
Receptionist in a medical office. Great supportive team that taught me me how to navigate the software. The clients there were very appreciative of the services we offered and I was touched every day by the warm display of compassion of the managers and providers at the facility.