Volvo Car Corporation Employee Reviews

So Much work to get in there and they don't value their employees
Team Member/ Assembly (Former Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCApril 3, 2019
Volvo is the hottest job in SC right now and they know it because people in the community is not use to the pay and the nicest car on the planet. I love volvo vehicles, I dreamt of this day and never thought i would be making them. Because I had a strong personality from all the sexism in there. I was targeted to get me out of the. It took 10 months to get in there with test, assessment and interviews. I am in tears everyday because HR let management dictate the lies they told to get me out of there because I was a woman. I was harass, discriminated and not treated fairly. I learned to do my station. They put people anywhere and only move the men. Its a very biased company. The management from Sweden are so sweet, but they let bad management take control. Employees are so in distress that they would leave the line and not come back. Some employees have Team Leaders that care you and help you grow. I was not fortunate. Its capable of being the best company to work for in SC. Too many mixed cultures and they dont care. Only numbers for the cars. Everyone makes mistakes in there and they are looking at the women on the line. Everyone is stress out, coming in doing drugs and drinking to block out the disparity. I am fighting to get my job back or reparations because I really worked hard and to get let go unfairly. I dont know how they are sleeping at night doing this to me. Good. Again high turnover rate and they dont care after all they invested.
Pros
leasing Volvo vehicles and good pay
Cons
too much overtime and they lie all the time about everything. No life, no 2nd shift for assembly workers, long walk to station, nothing is equal. Its the ball that you are bounced.
Great place if you have no life
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCMarch 18, 2019
Poor management. No one there that's in a superintendent and up are qualified for their positions. They come up with processes that make your job unnecessarily tedious. They do not implement feedback from employees. HR lied and said that they rarely do overtime, yet my first day of the floor until I departed the company, I have worked mandatory overtime. 60 hours a week mandatory. They do not give you time off when you request it. They show favoritism to employees that suck up to them. They constantly threaten your job if you have an emergency and can't come in or need to leave. There is no work life balance. They do not care for their employees. All team members are expendable and not truly valued.
Pros
Paycheck is on time
Cons
Short breaks, management is poor, hr is poor, long hours, no time off, no appreciation
So mismanaged
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJanuary 4, 2019
No idea what they are doing. Poor leadership, no direction. Lots of turn over in key areas. Directions and priorities change constantly and all key lead roles are folks from Sweden who don't know US business or workforce.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Horrible leadership
Fun and Outgoing work environment with great people
Outbound Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCDecember 9, 2018
Love working here. People are so great and always an enjoyment going to work everyday. All employees are enthusiastic about their job and are always upbeat each and every day.
Fun, new exciting place to work
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 13, 2018
I love my company but always looking to better myself. The hardest part of my job is being the only person in my position. The most enjoyable part of my company is when they keep the swedish culture going.
Okay Place To Work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCSeptember 7, 2018
Okay place to work. But be careful whom you trust. You'll be told one thing, and get let down the next. You could knock out hard work and the credit goes to someone else.
Poor Management
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 21, 2018
Volvo of Escondido does not care for their employees and not only underpays them, but continuously disrespects their employees. Management constantly runs around like a headless chicken and treats employees unfairly.
Pros
Air Conditioning
Cons
poor management, toxic work enviroment