Volvo Car USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Production area
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  SindhAugust 14, 2018
Have a good character any one said me I like all the people are working there and a very good CEO in my place this kind of people I like most thank you volvo
Pros
No any launch
Cons
No any health care
Disappointed
MPL (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 4, 2018
I was really excited about the prospect of a new automotive plant opening with fresh new ideas and a mantra was being spewed about “being different “ and “listening to employees ideas “.. they say those things until you are in the door. Then the pay isn’t what was promised, HR has no clue, they bring in too many Hyundai managers with very rigid thoghts and you’ve got a recipe for the worst of the worst of all cultures. Very disappointed and don’t believe what you are told. Hopefully they will dismiss or move some of upper managers and truly embrace what they say they want to do. Being treated poorly by ex Hyundai upper managers is not a good culture. Maybe there’s a reason Hyundai didn’t care to keep them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Negative culture, combative atmosphere and poor upper management
Great company to work for.
Production / Logistics (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 8, 2018
Great company to work for. New plant start up should bring many future opportunities. I have a Manufacturing Engineering background of almost nine years. I hope many engineering opportunities presents itself. I hope to apply for some and hopefully get an opportunity.
Productive and Fun with a pool table. Very family orientated.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 8, 2018
Volvo Car USA was more than a work place, it was more like a family environment. They create a lot of activities for the employees. We also did a lot of charity work.
Pros
Open environment, so everyone would meet all employees and activate with them.
Cons
My cons was having to work holidays and vacation.
Strong people oriented culture
Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCJanuary 27, 2018
Volvo is a good company to work for due to the strong people centered culture. The facility is nice and things are in place to make work ergonomically friendly. The human resources department does however to appear to be weak and not as proactive as they should be. Management is good until as long as it's European managers. The American management personal could learn a lot from the Swedes.
Pros
Strong culture, excellent work/life balance
Cons
Insurance pricey and not so good, human resources needs improvement
Fast paced and competitive
New Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJSeptember 11, 2017
A great stepping stone to start my career. Great working for a company that is doing well, growing, and evolving. Communication and wanting to learn more has aided in my growth as a business professional.
Pros
Great start to career.
Cons
Don't want to get stuck. Ready to take on a bigger role.
Family comes first attitude
FSE(Field Technical Support) (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 19, 2017
Volvo Cars was a great company to work for with very flexible schedule
Your family always came first
The FSE position covered many sides of the automotive field(corporate and retailer)t was a pleasure working with retailer management and service technicians
Travel was a big part of the position either in the USA or Europe
Pros
Fun
Cons
working weekends