Volvo Employee Reviews

Found 664 reviews matching the search See all 1,947 reviews
Learning experience with a foosball table
Purchasing Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 31, 2018
I interned with Volvo Penta for a summer. It was a wonderful experience where I got to lead my own project and understand the different facets of the boat-building industry. As an employer and a workplace I highly recommend them.
very good place to work for
Gen Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNJuly 27, 2018
Not much to say i did enjoy my job but i was a temp and i was let go due to lack of work i would consider going back if given the chance
the work is quick but not to bad
Pros
The people there are good to work with
Cons
you never know if your job is secure
Teníamos que ser creativos en el día a día
Director Centro de Distribucion (Former Employee) –  Reporte a VP South AmericaJuly 27, 2018
En Volvo, todos los días eran diferentes no existía un solo día que originara trabajo monótono. En control de inventarios y las demandas de nuevas piezas nos mantenían totalmente atentos a tomar acciones. El control de despachos era otro tema resaltante, las empresas de transporte no suelen darle la importancia del caso. En temas de Almacén, la implementacion de Lean Warehousing origino un desarrollo de KPIs al igual que trabajo en equipo para lograr la mejoría continua.
Lo mas difícil diría que fue la distancia, mientras que las oficinas principales estaban en Lurin, el CD estaba en el Callao, teníamos todas las facilidades como transporte, comunicación fija y móvil, laptops,almuerzos, aun así los empleados no sentían ese cercanía y compañerismo entre sedes.
Lo mas gustoso diría era el reto de mantener un alto nivel de satisfacción a un bajo costo y en el tiempo correcto .... creo que desarrolle un verdadero equipo enfocado en resultados ... One Team, one Direction
Great organization in the gunther group
Used Car Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2018
We would have a meeting with the general manager, a save a deal then train the sales people. After that i would check the inventory for cleanliness and the web sight for accuracy. we would then be ready to sell
Great company to work for
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2018
Got an opportunity to learn and grow. It was a wonderful lifetime experience. I started in Sales and was given the opportunity by a great owner to expand and grow. It is and will be one of my best employment experiences ever. Unfortunately the Store I grew with was sold and then I was transferred to another store where I was not able to perform accordingly
Pros
Great Owner to work for
Cons
Plans and strategies were not always followed through.
Not a good job
Valet Parking Attendant and Detailer (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 23, 2018
Was a horrible job expierence. I was let go due to not washing a car in a snow storm. I got yelled at for eating a bagel. The other valet workers didn’t share the tip money with the other workers.
Volvo is a faceless company. It treats it's employees well but there is no comaraderie.
District Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2018
I did not like working at Volvo. I was a district parts manager who only had one client which happened to be the worst in their dealer network. My first manager was great but my second was horrible.
Productive and work/life balance
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2018
A great company to work for. Management is very supportive, very knowledgeable. A positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated in most cases.
Pros
Great management support
Cons
N/a
Large, global company with lots of opportunity for self-starters.
Senior Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21742July 6, 2018
Job positions are relatively secure, with a generally relaxed environment. While the training program is lacking and the company can be slow-moving, there is a lot of opportunity to make your own way through networking and self-managed learning. Because of it's size and scope, Volvo offers a variety of career disciplines for lateral movement. Opportunities for global travel.
Glad they sold the company
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2018
Not much to say about this company other than glad that they were bought by another company. No opportunity for growth, trainings, etc. Employees were just a number.
Great Family Business
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 2, 2018
Darlings is a great family business looking out for what is best for it's employees and the customers they serve. Over the years Darlings has grown to one of the premier dealerships in the Bangor area.
Ambiente de trabajo con cafe gratis
Chofer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2018
Ambiente de trabajo agradable, buenos compañeros de trabajo.
competive plaace to work
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJune 26, 2018
some of the work is very heavy ,management is very terrible, they don't communicate with each other. move employee from shift to shift with any notice.
Overall cool place to work
SQA Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 25, 2018
At times, I felt the company was too big for me to get the feedback I needed to develop.

Management seemed supportive and open to communicate, yet very overwhelmed when I worked there.

Work culture was a relaxed, quiet environment. The people here want to see you win!

Everyone always mentioned the great benefits, when you join full-time.

The hardest part about this job, and really the only negative is that things tend to move very slowly throughout the entire company so you'll need to be able to create your own sense of urgency to finish assignments on time. A bit "anti-workaholic" if that makes sense
Pros
Great Culture, Benefits, Hires from Within
Cons
Little Sense of Urgency
The best company to work for.
Director of Sales & Marketing / North America (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 25, 2018
Provided stability and growth in early years of employment.
Relocation was benefit for those who wanted to move.
Small company allowed for unique interaction.
Company success in earlier years of operation was unprecedented.
fun and fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAJune 21, 2018
I would come in create orders to pick and then proceed to pick and load all day.
I learned how to operate a sit down and stand up forklift, how to load trucks properly, how to manage MoveX, how to operate RF Scanners, how to manage inventory and much more.
Management at volvo was excellent. They handled every situation and extreme care and precision.
The hardest part of the job was the learning curve with MoveX. It was not a standard Inventory program most warehouses would use.
I enjoyed how much the company made you feel like you were apart of everything.
Benefits
Ok job untill lay offs
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJune 21, 2018
Come in and stock what you need for the day and start working. overhead crane operation, mechanical operations. Management was ok except when I got laid off and came back I didn't have a manager. Pretty laid back with a couple arguments here and there when your hot and tired but nothing major. Hardest part of the job is when the jobs are not split equally and you end up doing a majority of the job. most enjoyable part of the job is the vacation time given.
Pros
Cons
to much work on one person, union gets paid buy volvo so they don't stand up for employees
Fast paced
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJune 20, 2018
There is a lot of envy and jealousy at this place. Males do more talking than the females. The workers tend to spend more time playing and wasting time than they do working all because the union they have holds their hand and lets them get away with everything.
A Friendly Place - Meaning Managers Hire Friends
TRAINING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST 1 (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 11, 2018
Volvo is a great place to work depending on where you work Some of the departments are actually doing work while others are hiring their friends. Just come with the right mindset - get the money and go home.

Benefits are excellent
Excellent place to work for finance, logistics or engineers
Process Developer / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 7, 2018
Volvo is an excellent place to work, especially straight out of college. They are moving a large amount of work to their India location which promotes quite a bit of uncertainty in some departments here in the US.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight