Volvo Employee Reviews

Found 680 reviews matching the search See all 2,000 reviews
Great starter job for kids
Porter Detailer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
good place to learn about cars in down time. great place to network. great place to learn new traits and automotive interest. hardwork as usual but good for for work ethic
Inclusive and highly engaging factory
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 7, 2018
Volvo Construction Equipment in Asheville is one of the best places I have ever worked. The plant truly demonstrated and supported an inclusive and engaging work place. There was none of the divisions or silos that are so often found in Manufacturing. There was mutual respect across the entire plant. Pay was very competitive which meant we were able to recruit a very capable and engaged work force. The only downside is that the plant closed since there was no room to expand production when the company bought a new division. As a result, all production was moved to a plant in PA that had available land for the expansion.
Pros
High level of engagement and respect for all team members.
Cons
Plant closure
Volvo Rents
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 1, 2018
Volvo rental company provided me the opportunity to learn about all the equipment that can assist everyone regardless if you or a company or an individual needing to repairs. All the different districts with Volvo Rentals communicated well with each other. Due to change of ownership the job was no longer available for me. I did enjoy it as well as it was by home and provided me with the opportunity to be with my family on a regular basis.
Great Company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at Volvo. Initially, there were project management issues such as poor coordination and lack of background content. The conditions changed in between my first and second tour with Volvo.

A great company to work for honestly.
Pros
Organized. Great work life balance. Potential for growth.
Cons
I no longer work there.
A Typical day at work
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VASeptember 22, 2018
Seems to be growing and providing more for employees. Most people were very friendly. I greatly enjoyed working at Volvo. There is a great team atmosphere, and respect for fellow employees. It felt quite rewarding to be a small part of building big trucks. Would not recommend anyone working here if they are not joining the union.
only influenced people survey here
Application Developer Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  INSeptember 22, 2018
Good work life balance, new technology learning opportunity is more events like hackathon and v-innovate help employees to learn

, need improvement Culture
Pros
work life balance
Cons
culture
Good place to lay roots
Shipping & Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSSeptember 22, 2018
The job is a good paying union operation. Every job has there ups and downs but at least you are well compensated through salary and benefits at Volvo Group Truck Operations.
Poor Management
HRSC (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 18, 2018
The HR group has had multiple managers that leave within 1-2yrs at minimum. No support from your HRBP or Director. Negative environment that is clear within months of working with the group. No advancement opportunities unless you are part of the buddy system. Childish behaviors and constant micro managing.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Applications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Good company to work for.. Variety in assignments. Good group support whenever needed. Learned DB2 SQL. My managers were very goal oriented, which was great for me.
Pros
Variety of skills
Massive corporation that likes free labor
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Hired as an intern to learn the ropes. After using me for a year, they said they couldn't afford to bring me on full-time. I noticed the company didn't hire anyone under 30. I think they used my internship as a way to get a free admin. Thanks so much, Volvo Financial Services.
Plantation but instead of cotton you are picking 70lb truck parts
order selector, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDSeptember 1, 2018
Volvo has a union of spoiled brats and most people have used the company for decades.Most people just show up to watch the new employees work twice as hard.There is racism and separatism at a all time high at this company.The company is total chaos and sometimes they also over work you and your check will be messed up weekly.Management is a joke and the bottom line is get in and get out while you can.
Pros
You can make over 100k a year as a warehouse worker
Cons
You work 14 hour days 7 days a week.Your just a slave with a union fee.
Worthwhile Place to Work IF you can get in
Connected Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 21, 2018
Note: This review is for Volvo Construction Equipment.

Every day was 8am-5pm and I was a part of the Aftermarket department. My time there was valuable in the sense that I was able to help with multiple different departments and gain that experience. My management was OK and my contract was "temporary" with no set end date. IF you can get hired by Volvo Construction Equipment Full-Time, then the job security is great.
really good organisation
Supply Chain consultant in SAP PP/QM module (Former Employee) –  Volvo Group- I, INAugust 18, 2018
good organisation to work with
nice work life balance and mangement is good if you get to work in good project.
day to day life is good and you get to work on cutting edge technologies
Lack of communication
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 18, 2018
There was very little talk between teams and new program wasn’t communicated. I was even told they didn’t know what would happen to my position. I have nothing but love for the dealership employees just not run right.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management.
NPD Project Manager (P&SM) (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 17, 2018
Very friendly team mates,diversity and inclusion very well practiced,growth for good sincere employees who perform. Growing company with a good plan for future growth. Volvo always puts budget in employee development.
Perfect working location
Quality (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
Volvo is a great place to work, for the blue collar, lots of overtime is always available if you're interested. the best part is the earned time off, where can you go to work for someone that has 20 years, get 7 weeks paid to be off, this includes 7 days of sick time off.
Learning experience with a foosball table
Purchasing Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 31, 2018
I interned with Volvo Penta for a summer. It was a wonderful experience where I got to lead my own project and understand the different facets of the boat-building industry. As an employer and a workplace I highly recommend them.
very good place to work for
Gen Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNJuly 27, 2018
Not much to say i did enjoy my job but i was a temp and i was let go due to lack of work i would consider going back if given the chance
the work is quick but not to bad
Pros
The people there are good to work with
Cons
you never know if your job is secure
Teníamos que ser creativos en el día a día
Director Centro de Distribucion (Former Employee) –  Reporte a VP South AmericaJuly 27, 2018
En Volvo, todos los días eran diferentes no existía un solo día que originara trabajo monótono. En control de inventarios y las demandas de nuevas piezas nos mantenían totalmente atentos a tomar acciones. El control de despachos era otro tema resaltante, las empresas de transporte no suelen darle la importancia del caso. En temas de Almacén, la implementacion de Lean Warehousing origino un desarrollo de KPIs al igual que trabajo en equipo para lograr la mejoría continua.
Lo mas difícil diría que fue la distancia, mientras que las oficinas principales estaban en Lurin, el CD estaba en el Callao, teníamos todas las facilidades como transporte, comunicación fija y móvil, laptops,almuerzos, aun así los empleados no sentían ese cercanía y compañerismo entre sedes.
Lo mas gustoso diría era el reto de mantener un alto nivel de satisfacción a un bajo costo y en el tiempo correcto .... creo que desarrolle un verdadero equipo enfocado en resultados ... One Team, one Direction
Great organization in the gunther group
Used Car Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2018
We would have a meeting with the general manager, a save a deal then train the sales people. After that i would check the inventory for cleanliness and the web sight for accuracy. we would then be ready to sell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight