Volvo Employee Reviews

Found 719 reviews matching the search See all 2,126 reviews
Poor Management
Parts Order Desk (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 1, 2019
Do you want a high stress job with poor management? Then this job is for you! A quick paced environment with not enough on the job training. You're thrown into the middle of the ocean with no life saver and expected to swim all the way back to shore on your own.
Byhalia Volvo CDC
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSMarch 30, 2019
Horrible management, no work/life balance. You are worked to death because management is clueless. They enjoy treating you like a slave. They wait until the last minute to ruin your weekend with mandatory OT. They should rename this location Mandatory.
Pros
Management is Clueless
Cons
Lowest paid Volvo Warehouse in North America/ clueless management
Volvo is a great place to work
Business Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAMarch 29, 2019
Volvo was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. It was great to work with emerging technologies and be allowed to try new things. Volvo produces a quality product and I learned several new things while I was there.
Great Place To Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 28, 2019
Volvo provides the best aspects of both a large and small company. The culture is great and everyone loves their job and are happy to be there. Great environment.
Lack of Growth
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 20, 2019
Most people tend to hire from the outside. If you're looking to grow with a company this can be challenging at Volvo. Great company to work for if you're happy doing the same thing. There are also a lot of re-organizations and shake ups to where the stability of your job can be brought into question.
good place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMarch 20, 2019
They gave me the opportunity to thrive and make my own decisions. I was an active part in the building of the dealer ship from the initial date of inception.
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMarch 15, 2019
My job can be stressful at times because I work in production, but I love the culture and the management. They provide great benefits and pay as well.
A great place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Beijing, CN and Greensboro, NC, USMarch 10, 2019
As a Marketing and Communications Manager of Volvo, I like Volvo's workplace culture and enjoyable working hours, where I have achieved my professional goals and personal development through various opportunities provided by the company at a global level.
people are great
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 5, 2019
The people I worked with were great.The job was really easy and I wasnt challenged very much. I think the company could work to promote its own internal employees
Lies
Assemby (Floater) (Current Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCMarch 5, 2019
I was told there would be work life balance. wrong
I was told there would be ergonomics. wrong
Everything they told me that sold me on this job was a lie. I am tired of the long hours with no stopping in sight. Someone there is not doing there job which is making everyone else stay late every day. Most people there have never made 18.50 an hour in there life so they deal with it.
Great place
Internal Supply Intern (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMarch 3, 2019
Volvo CE provides one with many challenges from working with different personalities to challenging projects. One can expect to learn a lot from their time there.
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2019
Overall good and stable company to work for with good benefits and good pay.
The culture is very Swedish so if you are not Swedish you may not have access to upper management positions but if you're happy with this state of affairs you can have a good life/work balance in the middle. Large majority of upper managers are Swedish.
Company is financially stable and people have long tenure.
Cafeteria and other corporate amenities.
Pros
Great vacation time as similar to European companies
Cons
No upper management promotions if not Swedish
Great job
Final repair (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAFebruary 28, 2019
A lot of people on the production line do not take their job very serious you got to think they are making a vehicle that weighs around 5 to 10 tons.
Work Expertise
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2019
5+ years of people development & leadership experience in multicultural and multisite environments. Managed & lead direct reports and consultant engineers, managed several activities from recruitment to headcount planning, performance evaluation, ensured competence development and training needs are met in any given situation. Coach & mentor team members on personal development & effectiveness, provide and receive feedback and build a culture based on trust and Integrity
Excellent company to work for.
Director Mexico and Central America (Former Employee) –  MexicoFebruary 25, 2019
Great Company and a great brand. Management is very good and focus on get the job done. Global company with opportunities in different countries. Multicultural environment and a lot of respect for the individual.
Lies
Assemby (Floater) (Current Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCFebruary 17, 2019
I was lied to when they were hiring me.
Work life balance- nope
Ergonomics- nope
ability to transfer after 1 year of service- nope

We are constantly down because of parts issue and they want us to look busy every time management comes around. We are here to build cars not to put on a show when management walks through.

If you like long hours with pretty good pay this job is for you
Contract work
Insurance Tracking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 12, 2019
Quite rigid place. Most were married and just do their job and leave. Not so much on the camaraderie. Stable place to work if you get in. The tools are there to do your work, the kitchen facilities are good.
Pros
Plenty to do
Cons
Plenty to do
Great people great product
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 3, 2019
The people and the product is first class. The processes and decision making are cumbersome. Way too many process set up in Europe that don’t support the NA business well. Need to lean out processes and empower local teams. Even with these issues the group in NA is world class. Given the right opportunity they could be the shinning star of the company. I personally miss the many talented people.
Pros
People and collaboration
Cons
Cumbersome processes and lack of autonomy
Was easy work and people was easy to get along with.
Manifold Station/Oil Station (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNJanuary 30, 2019
Working at Volvo Penta was fairly easy work and it was good atmosphere to work in. The line bosses was easy to get along with and helped out when needed. They made sure people was properly trained in the area they was assigned to work and was willing to train you in other areas as well.
Pros
Set schedule, only worked the weekend 1 time when I was there.
Cons
I was hired through a temp agency and was never hired on permanently.
Typical day of work
Intern (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 27, 2019
The environment of the work place is fun and the manager was very helpful.
Since my friend and I worked as interns, our time in the company was short but very helpful for and knowledgeable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight