VON BRAUN CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It's a unique place to work you get to meet a lot of different people and their different lifestyles
Gar Mar Che chef (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Von Braun Civic Center gave me an opportunity to meet new people and learn different styles of life .Along with the opportunity to move forward with this company. Being new Chef it gave me the opportunity to practice my skills and learn from an executive chef that has been in the business for many years. I would like to thank them for my experience.
productive day at the work place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2017
energetic
I learned communication skills
awesome staff.
all races.
rush hour was hectic some times.
knowing my customers where satisfied.

overall I love the company and if you apply you want be sorry. you will enjoy it.
Pros
become manager
Cons
payrate
Enjoyable environment with perks for advancement
Bartender/Stagehnd (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2017
I have always been a fan of a steady paced work environment, and the management team was helpful if we ever got overwhelmed. I learned how to work in a variety of different and diverse environments which also appealed to me on many levels. The hardest part of the job in the stage hand aspect was we were required to work in rain or snow and unloading road cases in these conditions are extremely difficult. The show must go on!
Pros
We were offered generous pay and discounts on meals.
Cons
We did not receieve benefits unless we were apart of the Union.
I rather not leave a comment
switch board operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2015
I prefer not to leave feedback due to the fact that I haven't worked for this company for quite some time now. I enjoyed working for the company as far as I remember. I was happy that I found full-time employment because I did not see room for advancement with this company.
Laid-Back environment
Overnight Janitoral (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2015
Although the job is laid-back, it is demanding on your body at times due to the fact that there are a lot of steps and space to cover in the arena. It's a weekend job so the position doesn't offer a lot of hours.
Never a dull moment
Count cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2014
The moral with this company is enjoyable and never a dull moment.
Fun learning new jobs helping and meeting new people.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/Food Server/ (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2014
I like all the different kinds of work everyday lots of work and people to help.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Regular breaks
Wonderful place to work!
Union Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 13, 2013
Great work atmosphere!The job required some heavy lifting but you always had someone to help. Hard work but rewarding.
not enough pay for what we do
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 7, 2012
I work Weekends and Mondays, it is a fair place to work. When I am working I have around 10 people that I am over, when the supervisor is nt working. I make rounds inside and outside to check the doors and making sure they are locked after the event is over. We are also on fire watch,at all times to protect everyone that enters the complex for an event. We handle all Kind of Problems that may arise.Such as writing accident reports,theft of proptery,contacting the ambulance service or fire and Police Dept.and escorting people from the building that are not supposed to be in there when we do not haveanything going on and the building is locked.
Pros
see some of shows
Cons
not enough pay, no free tickets
Arena operations, nice atmosphere
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Huntsville Al.May 17, 2012
I loved working in the arena; great boss, great facility nice caring staff.
great work place
conession stand helper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMarch 6, 2012
Nice people to work with.Have to be fast at work. In this job you will work with a lot of people new and old. New people always coming in. Can not be doing anything. There is always something to do.