Von Roll USA Employee Reviews

Disorganized and tumultuous environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 13, 2018
The Schenectady plant is being run from overseas corporate management and has an extremely high turnover rate. Very negative and caustic place to work. The few folks who really care end up doing all the work.
Pros
A few people really care
Cons
The few that care end up doing the work
Place sucks
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Enjoyed my job with great benefits ,but unfortunately horrible managemet and the lack of a union with a backbone ruined everything about working here and I'm certain this dump will be closed rather sooner than later .
Cons
Management/ local 301 union (which is a complete joke)
Under restructure
Head of Procurement, North America (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Not much opportunity for those still employed. More opportunities for
new hires or young associates. Good group of coworkers who want to see the company succeed.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long period of restructuring
Great coworkers, poor management
Technical Support / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Work environment varies from fairly relaxed to stressful on a day to day basis. Fellow staff (both salaried and union) are a pleasure to work with, however management tends to make long-term work impossibly difficult. Lack of training, direction, and the constant turnover of CEOs, plant managers and layoffs make you feel like no one knows what's going on. Communication between upper management and employees is very poor, and they only speak with you when you lose your job.

In the end, you work for your paycheck, your coworkers (who turn into good friends) and the excellent benefits this company offers. If this company could decide what it wants to do, it has great potential.
Pros
Great benefits, Pto, interesting work and products
Cons
Poor management, lack of advancement opportunities, lack of direction/goals
Challenging work
Regional Head of Quality, EHS (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 19, 2017
Challenging work. I was encouraged to work under minimal supervision which I greatly enjoyed. Management expectations were very high which gave motivation to do your best.
Stressful place to work. Good coworkers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 18, 2017
Good coworkers. Constant change in Management and "New Directions" caused stress and lack of management and direction. Possibly contributing to the downturn of the company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of consistant management and direction
Productivity and fun day to work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTDecember 8, 2017
my previous work place it was a fun day to work. we had a team of associated that know what to do. we created a team that can work alone and follow all work procedure and always thinking about safety.
We always keep employee inform about what's going on in the business. In my 13 years working from the bottom I learned the culture, the hardest and how to turn both to make an enjoyable and fun day at work.
Pros
Monthly Pizza, Breakfast, fun day to work
Cons
Can't complaint because I love my job
Fun and safe workplace
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 21, 2017
Everyone gets along very well. Employees kids knew and played with other employees kids, that's how close of a crew we have there. The work environment is a friendly one. Everyone understood what had to be done to be successful and got things done in a timely fashion.
Pros
Freindly environment, Great benefits
Cons
Old equipment causing issues
Okay place to work
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 11, 2016
Day is okay. A lot of contractors going around all day long. Learned about the Union. The management only cares about getting product out of the facility. Hardest part of the job is getting through to the union and most enjoyable is working with my boss and mentor.
Pros
Good Genefits
Alright place to work
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 11, 2016
Typical day is very easy going. Interacting with the various contractors onsite. I learned about the Union environment and how they interact with management. Management is only concerned about getting product out the door. Co-workers were fine to work with. If you are new turnover is likely where as if you have been there forever in a hidden position you are fine. The hardest part is to get management to accept my ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my boss and mentor and getting to do what I went for school for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
road blocks at every turn. people always questioning my views and Ideas
Very stressful place to work
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 4, 2014
Dedicated Employees,Bad Management.A typical days work is very stressful and not enjoyable.At times there is no teamwork here.
Pros
healthcare, free lunches
Cons
Swing shifts, Management sucks
Manufacturing Company based out of Switzerland
Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYMay 13, 2013
I enjoy my position at Von Roll USA but I am currently interested in a more analytical position within an established Accounting Department.
we have real nice GM their
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2013
it a good places to work im looking to make more money.
hours are good we work 4 / 10 hr. day off on fridays .
Pros
good 401 k
Cons
good hours
Easy job for Chemical Engineer
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 11, 2013
This is just the job to avoid unemployment. It is easy to do any job if you know the process and what to expect. Very independent job requiring attention to details. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there problems occurs and they are solved without damage.
Pros
well functioning system.
Not a really good enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 20, 2012
A typical long 12 hours day without earning like overtime, i learned how to operates diferents laminating machines, the management is awful, the co-workers are nice people, the hardest part of the job is to hang the 12 hour shift, and the most enjoyable part of the job is only the breaks.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Von Roll USA. Our community is ready to answer.