Vonachen Services Inc Employee Reviews

fun place to work
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 7, 2018
i rally miss this job would have still be there but move out of town great place to work very fun people to work around if you apply for this job you will love it
Decent
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILFebruary 14, 2018
I really enjoyed the environment. If you prefer to work nights and can handle covering for co-workers when they call off then this is a great company to work for! I miss my time with them!
Pros
Great hours - Nice people!!
Cons
3 strikes - you're out (even if you leave on good terms)
Terrible manager
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSFebruary 12, 2018
The facility manager is extremely unprofessional. She treats her employees like dirt. The pay rate does not support what the job duties Intel. I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone.
Not a bad company but bad management
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61615January 30, 2018
The company itself was okay, but they had too few managers. The managers they did have quit a few months into the job. I was there for 5 months and had 2 different managers. They also don't care much for the employees, only if they get their money.
Not a Good Fit for me
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILJanuary 22, 2018
If you need a paycheck and are willing to work 6 days a week, this is the place to go. However, training is lacking in all areas and turnover is high. Compensation is average. Benefits are excellent - if you can afford to take them. Vonachen is contracted by Caterpillar to provide logistics and movement of their finished product. Do your job, but don't have fun.
Pros
reasonable compensation
Cons
Lack of 'human-ness', The phrase "Labor pimps" applies here.
My job at VSI
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2018
VSI is a company that works WITH you and the managers are really great people, good at making sure you know what your job is and that you have what you need to succeed at it.
Good Potential for Improvement
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 12, 2018
This employer has the money to raise employees pay twice what they are making. Generally a good company to work for, and management is very helpful and understanding.
Medical building
lead cleaner (Former Employee) –  empire street bloomington illinoisDecember 31, 2017
Cleaned surgical unit operating rooms.The company didn't supply enough mop heads or correct gloves for this job..The company forces employees to use same mop head on every area in the building..We used in the restroom the same we used in the operating room and when you bring this to their attention they fire you..The management screamed at a female employee in front of the contracted business employees..In other words, they make a person lead cleaner and when the lead cleaner knows how to clean operating rooms correctly from a former hospital job and brings to their attention we should not use the same mop head in every place in the building due to cross contamination you are fired to cover their own butts.I do not feel this company should be cleaning any medical facility and I would not seek medical care anywhere this company is contracted to clean.plus head cleaned pays for laundry out of their own pocket and will not always be compensated for their out of pocket expense
Pros
quick advance to lead cleaner
Cons
won't let you do your job
Low Pay Manual Labor
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mapleton, ILNovember 27, 2017
I just did not like this kind of work. I worked here as a contractor to a larger company and was treated as a dead beat and looked down upon by others.
great company
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Ripley, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Vonachen has been very good to me, and strives to make my work environment good and always tries to help me in any way they can. I love working here, but I am looking for a part time job for extra money and hours
Maintenance
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2017
The job security is there but they do not pay very well at all. They have a dependable job and job security is there . Very independent work and benefits .
Pros
garanteed work
Great work environment with local company
Business Development HALO Disinfection (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 7, 2017
A great working environment that stems from the company being started locally and still locally owned. Managers put the time in to make sure you are doing well and are always willing to help you succeed.
communication was aweful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILSeptember 5, 2017
left hand rarely knew what the right hand was doing. it was all about making cat management happy. as long as they were happy, all was good. but it was hard to work your own workers 24/7 and still give them time off. one day off ever other weekend is no type of lifestyle.
Pros
money was good
Cons
there was no time off
You will enjoy the jobs you at
Housekeeping/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 26, 2017
My days are good and you experience different things how to work with tools.They willing to work around your schedule, the most thing you like is working wit peoples
Decent job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 11, 2017
This job is a great job for an elder person or someone without any kids. I have two young children and it's hard meeting their needs with very little money.
Pros
Easy job as long as you do the work
Cons
Not enough pay
Terrible operation management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dyer County, TNJune 26, 2017
All they hire is drug heads! It is by far the worst paying company and unprofessional hostile work environment and most stressful job I have ever had!
Cons
Very low pay 8 dollars a hour
It's Rewarding Helping Others
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 26, 2017
Being apart of a company like VSI is so rewarding. For myself the reward comes with the self satisfaction of helping others and being positive. VSI immediately sets their employees up with to do just that from day one.
A good company to work for
Chemical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 18, 2017
A good company to get into the work force or ending your time in the work force. They treat there worker fair and are considerate to there worker needs
Pros
clean environment
Cons
health care cost
Very Unorganized
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 10, 2017
no benefits, low pay, new employee and managers every other week. no advancement from within and frankly the list can go on and on, i dont consider working for vsi a career let alone a job
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Whether your first job or life long career this is a great company to work for
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 26, 2017
I absolutely love working for Vonachen Services Inc. and would recommend this job to anyone. I believe anyone could do this job whether it's your very first job or someone wanting to move up internally. Vonachen Services Inc. makes it easy to advance at your own pace and the relationships it makes with it's employees is everlasting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vonachen Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.