Vonage Employee Reviews

Retention Agent/ QA Representative
Quality Assurance Analyst - Non-voice (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 3, 2019
I bagan my career at Vonage as a Retention Agent, was upgraded to QA and when that department was outsourced I work inn Customer Care, During my time as Retention agent I won trip to Florida beause of my high producivity
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Cons
Departmets vlosed and outsourced
Awful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
The managers were uncaring. I had to eat lunch away because if I ate in the breakroom they would think nothing of making me come up to the floor to help with customers.
was once a good place to work but now there is no room for growth
Account Executive/team lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
there is no room for growth. there was once a lot of opportunity but now things have changed and they took away the ability to make the money i need to get by
Ever Changing Environment, Inconsistent Management Approaches
Enterprise Care (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 1, 2019
Typical Work Day: 8-10 hours per day, on call during weekends
Learned: VoIP, Networking Fundamentals
Management: Supportive but disorganized
Culture: Is fun, Holmdel Campus has cafeteria, gym, events
Hardest Part: Delivering more with less, constant scale backs
Enjoyable: Coworkers, watching the company grow and acquire other companies.
No training on how to do job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2018
Compensation was not good. I applied to get hired on full time and interviewed and got the position, but they pay did not increase at all from being a temp employee. The culture is not as cool as what people say
Whatever
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2018
Not a place where you start out full time can be very stressful the pay is great if you make decent hours it's also fast pace a lot of standing on the feet.
Dope sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2018
great company to work for. the more you put in the more you get out. slows down during the winter but you still get around 40 hours a week,. i really enjoyed my time at the company and would still be working there if i didn't move out of state.
Pros
Everything was dope
Cons
Bankrupt
Productive and fun work environment
Contractor/Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 19, 2018
No comment, worked there as a temp, with no possibility of permanent hire, no paid holidays, no company perks. Employee's were great and easy to work with
Pros
Happy Hour Friday's
Cons
No holiday pay for temps or contractors
It's a great place to work if you get a Salaried position, otherwise it sucks.
Advanced Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2018
Tech support division is very poorly managed. Policy and process documents can be difficult to come by. The treatment of salary vs hourly employees is night and day difference. Vonage salaried employees get "unlimited" PTO, while hourly get stuck with measured PTO, at the usual 2 weeks. Vonage's unofficial position on Work from Home is, it is not preferred. While salaried employees mostly get free reign on whether they can work from home or not, hourly employees are not allowed. Right now, Vonage seems to care more about acquiring new companies and technologies, than taking care of their current employees. The various offices are all treated differently, so there is no equality in their locations. The Denver office is the red-headed step child of the company, in comparison to a lot of their offices that have received upgraded buildings, with LOTS of amenities and features. The Denver office is literally just that, an office. There are snacks provided at our office, but it is mostly junk food, in comparison to other offices, that have full service kitchens with monthly food credit, included in your pay, ALONG with snack bars on every floor and in most departments. Other locations don’t get this benefit.
Pros
Mostly good culture, the people are pretty good, winter holidays are awesome.
Cons
depending on the department, heavy micromanaging. Poor ADA accommodation fulfillment. Low pay for the expectations of positions, and geographical location in comparison to cost of living.
Great Place to Develop as a Sales Professional
Cloud Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I was with Vonage for 3 years starting out in the Sales Dev Rep role. Responsibilities were were to call out on prospects who submitted info requesting a quote, qualify the prospect and get them to a Consultant who will proceed with the sales cycle.

Moved up to consultant quickly and as a consultant, Vonage presents a great opportunity to grow as a sales professional and develop strong inside sales skills. Consultants receive warm leads and depending on the number of seats the prospect needs covered, the sales cycle can be pretty short.

Workplace culture encourages reaching out to management and senior consultants for help and feedback. Occasional company outings. Flexible working hours and lots of potential to work from home.

As with most any sales position, times can get tough during summer and holiday months. During these times it's on you to put in the work to reach your desired results. Management spends a lot of time analyzing competitor offerings and discussing new features so while they can be a sympathetic ear, if you're not disciplined with a strong sense of self-management, it is easy to get frustrated with Vonage.

Overall, great place to work, everyone's a pleasure to work with and compensation/benefits are very competitive. Biggest room for improvement would come with management listening to what their reps are hearing/experiencing with customers vs using data and statistics to drive sales strategies.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Work from Home, Young Sales Staff, Competitive Compensation
Cons
Management Transparency, Organizational Communication, Post-Training Support
Essential CS/TS Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 31, 2018
The culture within Vonage is customer first. The company is driven to provide BEST of Class service to all customers from the single line residential to Business Enterprise customer
Learned a lot from others
Salesforce.com Admin (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 31, 2018
I’ve enjoyed working my time here. I’ve learned so much from their experience, advice, guidance and my time spent on this team has been such a valuable part of my career journey. I know I’ll carry the things I’ve learned here with me to my next adventure, and I’ll always look back on this experience with a lot of fondness.
Na
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2018
Fun, relaxed,
IT
Great management and employees.
Career path,
Bonuses,
PTO,
Sporting events
Lots of holidays off
Great incentives
Phone benefits
Character
Once stable, now not entirely sure
Franchise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAOctober 19, 2018
Vonage used to be solid in sales but now with so many management people leaving and such downsizing it's unsure where the company is going. It could get better, but needs to focus more on training of the onboarding customer care and sales team and to be more transparent with employees from a management level. Stop hiring people with no drive who'd rather complain than work.
One of the better companies I've worked for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 6, 2018
i was a customer care representative in between college semesters working one summer there. i was one of the good ones because i was nurtured right. they have Vonage university that trains you for a total of 5 weeks before you are all by yourself on the phones. it was nerve-wrecking at first because it was my first CSR job ever, yet i did well. i credit management, particularly my team's supervisor and "SME". the facility is great and almost state of the art during my tenure. it had a helipad, gold course, F1 racecar indoors next the kitchen where they had a sushi chef and they gave you lunch credit every month...wow!!! i am very proud of my accomplishments here because i thought i would suck fro my lack of experience going in, but they really know how to train and that helped turn me into one of their stars. thank you Vonage for a good work experience. "Kudos!"
Pros
Free lunch credit renewed every month while i was working there in 2008
Cons
my only complaint is that certain coworkers who didnt know their stuff screwed customers over, and then they call back and i get them and they unload on me, and if it's really bad you absorb all that stress and it could ruin you night
Great Company
Workforce Management Intraday Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 3, 2018
Vonage goes above and beyond to show their employees they care about them. From lunch money, to the on site gym, annual company picnic and holiday party. Those are just a few perks of working for this company.
The Vonage campus is a modern, open environment to innovate and work in.
Carrier Operations associate II (Former Employee) –  23 east Main Street, Holmdel NJ 07733October 3, 2018
A typical day at work began with a fresh cup of coffee and complimentary snacks. Or perhaps stopping by the caffeteria for a quick then checking office messages. Work to complete projects accurately and on time.

As a techology company with a strong VoIP customer base, Vonage employees are exposed to various workplace applications like salesforce. Management is competent and flexible to workers’ needs.
Pros
Free snacks, fruits, varied lunch options, game room, onsite sport courts
Cons
No shortage of work.
Stable Company.
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
Company is very stable with a lot of growth still coming. Culture is good there. Upper management is working to make it more laid back. Overall good company to work for.
Great CEO. Good company overall.
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Good place to work. Diversified work culture. Salary and benefits are good. Company discounts offered and interoffice perks, but it varies by location.
Productive workplace with a lot of great team players
Call Processing Operations and Engineering (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 10, 2018
With the several re-orgs over the time I was working there I felt it hard to take on so much responsibility and not get compensated for it. Besides that it was a productive work environment and the people there were great to work with. I found my position grow technically throughout the years from an implementations/provisioning engineer to working on the core voice network and also taking on additional responsibilities within application engineering.
Pros
Resouce Management, Smart Peers
Cons
Poor Compensation, Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vonage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight