Vonage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unchecked Manager
Tier II Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 11, 2018
Both of my supervisors would miss their 1 week window to give me feedback on my technical support calls with client. They both tried to give me papers with the wrong dates on them. I would sign the paper with the actual date I was signing the document, and the first manager would get discard those papers, and give me correct paperwork.

The last manager I had there would come up with new policies, and tell me I violated the policy on the call. I knew I had not violated his policies, but I could not understand how he had a call with me doing so.
Then I happened to notice the date of the calls he was playing back. I verbally reported the incident to his supervisor who told me he would talk to him and tell him he had to use calls within the time frame of my counseling.

When he did it again, I wrote an email and sent it to personnel. They set a mediation for him and I with personnel, but then cancelled it after I submitted my 2 week notice.

I should have rated him a 1 but he knows his stuff so I rated him a 2.
Pros
Tries to provide the best service and support for their customers
Cons
2 minute grace to log into phone lines
Great Place to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 7, 2018
I really liked working at Vonage. Training was great. Managers were great. I only left because I relocated to Florida. They also provided lunch for us everyday in the cafeteria.
Pros
Lunch was free.
Cons
No Cons
Excellent Management,
Cloud Solutions Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Overall its a great corporation to work for as far as corporations go, management is excellent and not bureaucratic with tons of room for growth unlike most other corps in the US, Highly recommended
Decent Place to Work for but it Could be Better
Retail Sales Specialist (sales kiosk) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2018
In my opinion, freedom is good. It helps you make your own decisions and serves as a catalyst for self-learning but, too much of it can result in a lack of direction and confusion. These were the situations our team faced working for their sales kiosk at Walmart. The lack of communication between the managers and our team led to a lot of frustrating situations. One problem revolving around the inability to contact our manager when our User Interface failed which resulted in a loss of prospects, lack of punctuality with employees, and lack of promotional material that could have increased prospect engagement.
Pros
Freedom to make your own decisions, good employees, flexible hours
Cons
lack of communication with manager, lack of materials to properly promote, lack of direction
Fast paced non stop walking to customers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Job was friendly with customers and the environment it was located at. However, top management was unable to answer many frequent questions asked from employees. pay rate was unsuccessfully low.
great place to work
Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 18, 2018
For my eleven years i have learned so much working for Vonage. Management was extraordinary amazing, supportive, understanding etc. I would recommend for anyone out there... love and miss those guys
didn not lije working here.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2018
it was located at Glendale plaza in the san Gabriel Valley. I worked for my friend making sales for Vonage. typical day work was slow sometimes and competitive.. Lack of management when it came time to pay me...
Terrible culture, political games, shortsightedness
NA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
It's like House of Cards meet Game of Thrones.
Terrible culture, political games, shortsightedness
No room for advancement.
Good work-life balance but that's about it.
okay place
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
not bad. laid back. was even more laid back in the vocalocity days. management is flexible and will work with you. as with any calll center, there are alot of rumors and relationships and situationships and little is done to curb this
Are they still in business?
Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 20, 2017
Vonage was ok. You had to travel to each location. You had to talk to customers and sell a product that you knew wasn't very good. Some people were shady. I do not reccomend it. It was fun working with friends but not a great job
Pros
hours
Cons
bad company
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
I work weekend only after working for doggy daycare, I went and.work in walmart is, where vonage was it was quick job sale phone inside walmart. We just ask people if they were interested in Vonage phone. That was home phone and calls, distance i was so good in sales i have to sale 7 to live and i sale 8 instead.
Pros
bring my on lunch
Cons
long break
Fun place to work
CONTENT WRITER (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 13, 2017
The location of the campus was in holmdel, nj near the pnc art center. The campus was surrounded by a path about 1.5 Miles around the campus. There was frizbe golf, tennis courts, basketball courts. Inside there was a beautiful cafeteria with a starbucks and a rec room with games, pingpong table etc. Great place to work. I loved that I can go to any department and ask for help on a project I was working on.
Pros
Loved my manager
Cons
Long ride to work - about 45 minutes
good place to start
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 10, 2017
company set standards to high to obtain.. unreasonable work load at times. absolutely no room for advancement. not enough staff working in call center
Slow
Meeting daily sales goals (Former Employee) –  virginiaDecember 7, 2017
vonage was mostly for people that called over seas Didn't enjoy much as i did t mobile The people working there was always late . management where good people.
Pros
It was in the mall
Cons
no one likes house phones anymore
The Worst
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 28, 2017
If you are thinking about applying...don't do it!!! Cut throat co-workers, and customers who are very abusive. Management does not look out for employees.
Great place to work great people
Chargeback Analyst - Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work great people. Always cared about the employees. Never negative vibes. It was like family rather than just co workers. Plus they had star bucks in the office and gym and café everything you could need and want at a job.
The Atlanta location for Vonage Business has a lack of business management. The leaders there are more likely to create drama then to diminish it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 24, 2017
This company is built on lies and scams. Every month there is a break or outage in the system of Vonage and many people lose business which means they also lose money. The Vonage culture weighs more heavily on bringing people in rather than keeping the ones there.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
High turn over rate regarding employment.
Good Company
REGIONAL CHANNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2017
Strong Leadership, and a clear vision of what they would like to accomplish.

I was a remote worker, and as a result, it was difficult to become immersed in the company culture. The CEO is a former Google executive and they are attempting to emulate that a bit.
nice place to work
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 16, 2017
Nice place to work lots of fun people and plenty of opportunities to grow into a management position. I enjoyed working here I was a contractor for about a year.
Meal benefits
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 1, 2017
Vonage gave you meal benefits that renewed monthly. They also gave you free snacks and coffee with sodas too. They have a lot of incentives for workers and many celebrations for holidays and to motivate workers to do well. The only thing is that they change all the time and it was hard to keep up.
Pros
Meals and snacks with drinks for free.
Cons
A lot of changes, important things are kept from workers until the end, then they find out. Mass layoffs, some promises not kept.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vonage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight