Vons Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Incompettent employee
Vons (Former Employee) –  1270 east main street barstow ca 92311November 20, 2018
Cleark that do not know what they are doing at any time . Most are not certified and they still products from customers . I would never work here again they are thieves.
Vons is a good Place to work
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2018
Good environment, but management is out of touch when is comes to providing help to Pharmacists. Also, 12-hour shifts are demanding and can wear you down.
brainwashed pharmacists
STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 12, 2018
not a good company. not a good company with idiot managers, particularly store managers lording over you. union lackeys who tend to be lazy but can't be fired because of union protection
Cons
Teamwork & responsible atmosphere.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  floater for LA countyJanuary 17, 2018
A fast pace environment but teamwork is a plus.
The hardest part of the day when coworkers would call off on their shift and replacement wasn't available.
Company is flexible to employees' needs.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 10, 2017
Typical work day starts at checking the computer for all prescription requests sent by patients and new prescriptions sent by the doctors.
Patients bring in new prescriptions to be filled which they either wait or come back for during the day. Processing these prescriptions include checking for validity of prescriptions and the patients' insurance. Some patients are easy to talk to, some have communication problems. The hardest part of the job is when we are not able to contact the doctors' office for changes, approvals or verification of medication, which the patient needs. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we see the customers/patients satisfaction as they pick up their needed medication on time.
Positive friendly enviornment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2016
Employees at Vons were always in good spirits and ready to help anyone around them no matter the situation. Working there i lwas able to see what our job really meant to those in which i was helping
enjoyed counting and placing RX in there containers
Extern ship (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 25, 2015
Produced RX lables, translate Physician's orders. I really enjoyed working for Von's nice working conditions. The manager was very appprochable and I learned time management. I also identified brand and generic medications.
Enjoy working with people and being able to solve there problems
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 23, 2015
new day everyday, enjoy challenges, being able to help people and work with any situation, the hardest part is when you know their health is going bad. Love teamwork. Would like to do office work or receptionist work again.
Pros
having a job you enjoy and close to home
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods (8 hrs a day)
Innovative and Fun place to work at
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 21, 2014
Vons pharmacy has been a great place to work in, with lots of dedicated team members that enjoy their work environment. Pharmacists are mostly immunization certified.
Not enough help
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2013
Dispensing prescription, consulting, scheduling, inventory control & managing personnel;
Interesting, Fun work enviorment
Pharmacy Technician program (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2013
Day starts off strong once I walk into the pharmacy there are plenty of prescriptions to be fill from auto refills, doctor calls, and faxes to be done. It also includes patients/customer walk-in providing customer services. There are also plenty of computer inputs such as patient records, prescription fills and faxes.

I learned plenty everyday from indications on new prescriptions to insurance coverage. Also remembering patients names and faces helps a lot making pharmacy functions easy and smooth.

My co-workers where always helpful and fun to be around, there was never any discriminations towards another and everyone got along like a family which made it a great work experience.

In the beginning it was getting used to a certain routine to prevent any interruptions or conflicts on having prescriptions ready for the patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job overall was everything, being able to communicate with customers and co-workers while having fun and never any down time. The environment and placement of the pharmacy was perfect on keeping me busy and occupied with work and made the day quick even for 10 hour shifts.
Pros
awesome co-workers and customer vibes
Cons
i was an extern and the pharmacy wasnt hiring
Detailed and customer service friendly
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMay 23, 2012
Typical day at Vons Pharmacy was filling prescription, customer service, monitored and reordered pharmacy supplies. I learned time management skills and the ability to multi-task. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed this job because it was something I wanted to do. Hardest part of the job was getting past the picket line.
Pros
exciting
Cons
picketers harrassing employees