Vornado Realty Trust Employee Reviews

Environment
Administrative Assistant, Finance Administration (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 10, 2018
was a great working environment. everyone pulled together as a team and was very inclusive of one another. i enjoyed working there and enjoyed the environment as well.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Utility mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2018
The building was not too old.
I had some of the best co worker a person could ask for.
My work hours were very early which I like a lot.
I was able to help others advance by training and they moved on to other companies.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No advancement if you didnt know someone.
Unhealthy
Minion (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Culture is cut throat, unwavering in its desire to meet profits, and doesn't really care about its people. I've seen new hires quit on their first day, others having full-on yelling arguments in the hallway, and other unprofessional instances only to see there are no consequences to your actions if you know someone high enough in the food chain.
Review
Paid-Internship (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 5, 2018
The management was okay. However, human resources had ethical challenges as well as lack of benefits, bad work environment, and no employment empowerment.
Great Place to Work
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Vornado is great company to work within. The company does a good job rewarding employees for hard work and tries its best to promote from within. Management is quick to recognize employees' talents and will recommend but demand each employees job advancement.
Pros
Great Work Environment and Management
Cons
Focused in NYC Area- Needs to expand their portfolio to other parts of the country
The company had good structure
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 23, 2017
The days were typical days and it worked out cause the job site was across the street from the office. It was a good learning experience. Their wasn't much of a workplace culture because everyone was to themselves.
Pros
Friday lunch
Cons
Strong consumer and trade shows
Director of Database Marketing, Marketing Division (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
During my tenure at Vornado/MMPI, the organization did a great job hosting and running both consumer shows (One of a Kind, Art Chicago) as well as trade shows (Neocon. etc.). Organization made a lot of advances in marketing under the leadership of then President Chris Kennedy.
Vornado workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 30, 2017
Vornado work consisted of monthly and quarterly close binders to be presented to executive management. A lot is expected of you but the compensation and benefits warrant that.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Stressful
Production
Universal Protection Services- Security Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2017
This location provided great insight into the management world and opened many doors for me. I learned the basics while on the job and continued to grow from there on out.
Ok company, poor department
Relief Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 18, 2017
I happened to get hired very quickly for a relief receptionist role. This company seemed ok, but the Administration department was cut throat and lots of back biting in the department. The office manager was rude and unwelcoming. The two other women I would have worked with should I have stayed long term spent their time trying to undermine and sabotage me as a new co-worker for petty issues. Had I been hired for any other department but that one I think it would have been a great job, unfortunately I did not see being promoted or advancing in that role.
Pros
Beautiful offices, professional environment, catered lunches, decent pay
Cons
Sabotaging co-workers, rude, mean office manager
Very good firm!
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
An excellent place to work. Very professional and a lot of highly motivated colleagues! Very organized and a pleasure to have worked here. Thumbs up to the firm!
Great Team and Support System
Property/Lease Administrator (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work would start at 9 AM promptly. After greeting my group and supervisor, I log into my Yardi account to determine my workload for the day. I appreciate how everyone here is so eager to help with any questions one might have. The people here are very friendly and the learning never stops.
Pros
Bi-weekly Buffet Breakfasts
Cons
Exepensive Healthcare
Post graduate
APPLICATIONS ANALYST/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 31, 2016
I stared tornado as soon as I graduated college. Its a great place to gain experience. Their systems and work methods are out of date, but nonetheless, its a great learning experience.
Pros
Good for after graduating school. You can learn the ropes
Cons
Not a long term investment
Financial Planning and Analysis Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere. Everyone works hard and is very nice. Treated with respect day in and day out. High expectations of workers. Would recommend to friends to apply.
A productive place to work
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Its fun getting on post on time with my co-workers
I've learned to be my self and stay focus while executing my job responsibility.
Treat everyone with utmost Respect at all times.
Its always a fun time being around the team.
The hardest part of my job is yet to learned.
Always being happy with a smile and that keeps the artery clear.
Great Internship Program
Intern - Executive Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
They had a well rounded internship program that allowed interns to have open communication with most people in the company. Asking questions was encouraged and everyone there was very open.
Learning every day
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
I worked at one of the many properties VNO owns and manages. Every day was a learning experience. The company also paid for additional educational options should the employees take advantage.
Pros
Good employee benefits, 401K options, etc.
Commercial Property Management - Responsible for all tenant services
Tenant Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2015
My "home base" was the Fuse MTV building across from Madison Square Garden. However, I was rarely there. I was sent from building to building....sometimes for just one day .....sometimes for two or three days. I was to be the Assistant Property Manager for each building to which I was sent. One day it might be Madison Square Garden ....another day it might be the New York Stock Exchange....another day it might be 1 Penn Plaza......there were a very many commercial buildings to which I was sent to assistant in their overall management.
For the most part the tasks remained the same for each building:
All tenant services, work orders, billing, tenant contact info, Emergency Action Plans, Certificates of Insurance, Workspeed transactions, dispatch to porters, engineers and security guards via Workspeed and hand held radio, creation of daily memorandum summarizing after hours and weekend activities such as deliveries, construction, freight elevator reservations, cleaning among other things, maintenance of Front Lobby Desk Binder for security guard including tenant info, employee info as well as suspicious persons.
Pros
I gained experience managing different types of properties, learned commercial property management
Cons
it was a bit overwhelming managing a different building everyday
Great experience learning about the commercial real estate market
Internship (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 8, 2015
A day at work would be to check Microsoft outlook for incoming tasks and deadlines. Begin on various tasks completing them by deadline and difficulty. My supervisor was extremely helpful in showing how to get past minuscule problems that occurred. Co workers were very friendly in daily interaction. Hardest part of the job was to be in the office promptly 6am every morning. Most enjoyable part was the company hosted events with free food, music, etc.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, sport outings
Realty Corporation with Old School Vibe
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 3, 2015
This company was not tech savvy and used old technology. People are friendly but very serious. This was a temporary assignment for me.