Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP Employee Reviews

Best place I ever worked.
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2018
I had great managers who took the time to put the right team in place; therefore, the atmosphere was collaborative and professional, and a lot got done. We also had the opportunity to learn about other aspects of the department and business, so you always felt a part of what was going on. The culture was very familial and often a lot of fun - for someone not from the area, this was important for me.
Unreasonable expectations
Document Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2017
The most difficult part of this job is not feeling "heard" and knowing that management is not an ally of yours. You feel replaceable and that doesn't make you work harder.
Pros
Great pay
Get the work done!
Legal assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2017
Very busy law firm. Management has changed at firm in the past 10 years. It has always been a great place to work but it seems as though loyalty and hard work doesn't mean as much as it used to. The office staff works extremely hard and are paid well for it - and for the most part, the attorneys are easy to get along with. However, the attorneys and the administrative staff now in charge have changed the culture of the law firm and now most legal assistants work for 4 or 5 attorneys at a time. With the newer attorneys, you can manage it - unless you have senior attorneys who are not computer literate and the younger attorneys want to throw their weight around and demand their work first. So that part becomes frustrating. The people made the job enjoyable - and that includes attorneys and staff. Most of the staff have worked at the firm for 30 or more years so that should tell you something. But again, time changes everything and it is not as nice as it used to be.
Pros
2 weeks bonus at Christmas, 401k matches, after 5 years eligible for trip to Europe
Cons
Number of attorneys assigned to each assistant
Great learning opportunity
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2017
I worked for Vorys law firm for approximately 2 years and 8 months. I was originally hired to do data entry for a computer conversion. They had a manual accounting system and were converting to an automated system.

I completed my task for them early and they weren't sure what to do with me so they crossed trained me in accounts receivable and payroll. Depending on the time of the month would depend on how stressful a day would be. I had many duties within my position.

The hardest part of my job, and not really hard but stressful, was the first of the month taking care of the partners deposits. It would get hectic for all of us in our department.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being crossed trained in the different accounting positions. It helped me grow and learn.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
The environment at times
Good place to start
LITIGATION SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 15, 2017
This job was a good place for me to get started since I moved from California. I worked as a legal litigation secretary in CA but the law was very different there. This was a good place for me to learn Ohio law.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2015
Very supportive management, family atmosphere with clients and staff. Client is number one here. A very thorough training of being an administrative assistant learned here through computer classes and hands on training.
Professional and Challenging
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2015
This is a fast paced and challenging (in a good way) place to work. You can learn a lot and are rewarded for your efforts here. You are expected to constantly improve your skills which is an important part of the culture at the firm.
Pros
Professional Environment, Ability to increase your skills
Cons
Sometimes has extended hours based out court dates
Office Services
Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Large firm, many great people working there.

Used to be a great place to work, however now staff feels a lack of job security.

Lately morale in the firm is low.
Great Workplace
Asbestos Litigation Clerk, I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2012
I loved working here and wish I were still employed there til this day...
Pros
extended lunch break on payday fridays...
Cons
the incoming hr manager has too many internal (covered up) conflicts with employees...
Who you know matters..
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2012
A professional large family atmosphere.
Learned from continuing education development opportunities.
Pros
freebies
Cons
favortism