Voya Financial Advisors Employee Reviews

Productive team environment with high ambition
Recruiter/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 15, 2018
Working at Voya as an Advisor is a life choice and commitment. Only those with high ambition and willingness to learn through the process should work there.
Pros
Cons
ownership of work hours, clients, and productivity
Intern
Nonregistered Assistant (Current Employee) –  wichta ksMarch 9, 2018
Working at Voya financial advisors was an extremely enjoyable wok experience. Very caring people who want nothing more than to help everyone around them succeed,
operations
Brokerage Operations- Senior Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  des moinesFebruary 26, 2018
Too much work for the workforce that they have in place. Off site manager that you report to so you do not have a daily interaction with your direct supervision. Flexible work from home option.
Pros
flexible work from home option
Cons
too much volume of work for the staff that is in place
Advisor (Former Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 21, 2018
Some items that are lacking include good management, lack of support for clients, and a big change in the culture which will probably result in a big exodus of previously very loyal employees.
poor management
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with individuals to help them plan for and ultimately receive retirement income from retirement savings. The culture was, for the most part, positive. The opportunity for learning about various retirement vehicles and products was good, if the employee was willing to do the leg work. There were no preset appointments or leads.
The management promised things that never came to fruition and played favorites with certain employees or groups of employees.
Pros
helping people
Cons
management
Call center
Financial Advisor's Resource (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 29, 2018
If you can manage to avoid working for a call center your golden. Call center work isn't worth the money. They have handle times of 7 minutes or less means taking more than 50 calls everyday. Other departments aren't as bad
Pros
decent hours
Cons
scheduled breaks
Great people, company has growing pains
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 3, 2017
Voya is filled with great people and is a fun place to work. Years of misguided business decisions have led to new leadership. The new leadership is strong at making the company more lean. However, this does not bode well for career development.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of career development
Work at your own pace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 10, 2017
This job allows me to work at my own pace, set my own schedule and take time off as necessary. Work days start for me about 7 AM and continue throughout the day until I have finished. The flexible schedule allows me to work whenever necessary which often times involves meeting clients in the late afternoon or evenings when the clients are available. I rarely work weekends but I may if need be. The management has a hands-off approach which works well for me. As long as I am making my sales quotas I am left alone. Help is always available whenever I need it and my manger is available to me almost anytime. The most difficult part of the job is prospecting. In the tax exempt marketplace the competitors are entrenched and I am the newcomer to the market.
Pros
Easy place for work/life balance
Cons
Difficult to break in to new accounts
To many changes and not enough work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2017
It was a nice job but when you make changes and bring people in you have to give then time to adjust. When you already have a lot to do and you trying to learn new things and fit them into your duties management has to understand. I signed up to be a Office Manager not a life insurance seller.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
To much back stabbing
Very Great Company
Registered Representative/Agent (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 8, 2017
I have only worked with two Large BDs - Voya is by far the most organized BD - Processes are easy - technology is Awesome and they are way more organized than other BDs.
Great Environment & Flexibility
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 5, 2017
Everyone in the office is extremely welcoming and helpful, I felt like part of the team within weeks of starting. Always uplifting one another and putting positive energy into the atmosphere. Very flexible with day-to-day schedules. Even though it's an office job we create a fun and lively environment. The only downside for me personally is having to dress professionally everyday, I'm more of a sweatpants and hoodie person.
Pros
Amazing people, welcoming environment
Cons
Dressing professionally everyday
Good Culture of People
Investment Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 23, 2017
Culturally good company to work at. High startup costs and sponsorship for events. Commission only based. Enjoyable to meet lots of people, and then follow up with calls.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Expensive and slow to start
Chop shop financial sales job
Investment Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 27, 2016
The job is put out as being a financial advisor but you are really just a financial salesman. There are a couple of core products that you sell which give you extra bonuses so its pointless if you don't. The goal is to get as much commission as possible out of each client so the actual decision making process is typically easy. You get as many people with money through the door while "management" pitches them on the sale and thats about it. Don't expect legitimate training or stability at the company, management preaches they are doing great work but its just to keep morale up
Pros
Flexible schedule, energized office
Cons
Commission based, bad training, inexperienced managers
Great Company with great benefits.
Investment Advisor Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 8, 2016
No micro managing. Great company with great people. In my position I am able to work my own hours and am not micro managed in the least. Great support system and great co workers.
Autonomy and flexibility
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 30, 2015
Company offers solid products and financial services.
Freedom to work with any number of companies.
There was no minimum production or proprietary product requirement.
Great Work Environment, Great Learning Skills, No Hours
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2015
I have been in the financial industry primarily doing administrative work. While I love my job and career move, I have no hours to stay afloat and no benefits. I enjoy the professionalism of the industry and have learned many valuable skills from my Manager. I would love Administrative work in financial services or another comparable industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voya Financial Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

Voya Financial Advisors Reviews by Location