Voya Financial Employee Reviews

Rewarding place to work.
Print Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 9, 2019
I was with Voya Financial during its rebranding from ING. During that time I worked with marketing teams on successful and rewarding campaigns. I do miss the job, but understand the mass lay-off that year was what was being expected from everyone in Marketing. While it lasted, they were good times.
Pros
Cons
It's a Corporation, so job security is always a bit sketchy.
Wonderful company to work for
Senior Public Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
I was extremely happy here for 5 years. I had the opportunity to explore new areas of interest. While there is not much room for advancement in some departments, the company has a wonderful culture and makes its employees feel valued.
Good place to work, but merger killed employment
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2019
Worked there for a number of years, but with the most recent merger, was forced to leave. Voya is a good company, but their lack of financial incentives and tendency to not look at the big picture can be damaging to employees.
Great employer, difficult to attain quarterly bonuses. Annual bonus is fair.
Customer Service Associate - Retirement Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
Voya has a good culture. Overtime is available, not mandatory. Shift bids available. Management listens to employees’ feedback.
Compensation + bonus is fair/good for a virtual employee. If you’re there 2-3 yrs, you must be doing your job well and happy with what you signed up for. Raises have been regular annually. Great company to work for.
Pros
Company gives generous PTO.
Cons
System issues happen too often, causing computer lag. Breaks are short, only 15 mins twice a day. Lunch is 30 mins, 45 mins for longer shifts
Excellent place to work
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 27, 2019
Excellent place to work> big changes happening
QA manages & people are caring so they can serve their customers well.
Would have liked to stay but the big changes I mentioned are happening, loosing my assignment to Cognizant, Infosys resources.
Voya
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 21, 2019
I met my manager twice. One during my interview and then when my contract ended It was a call center position which was not a good fit for me. I was glad when the contract ended.
Pros
Cons
very restrive schedule
Sucks
Desk side Support Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 14, 2019
I worked as a contractor supporting Voya. The company I worked for was NSC Global and they are the worst company to work for. I left because they laid me off saying there was not enough work to justify 3 people, I worked for this company for 30 years. They did offer me my job back at about half the salary and only 2 weeks of the 7 weeks vacation I had.
Pros
Cons
NSC Global sucks to work for
Great colleagues that are open to always help
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
A great learning experience in a financial working environment. I've learned what team work really is. The hardest part wasn't difficult; I was always having a helping hand.
Pros
Great management
Cons
healthcare
Ideal company!
VP Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
Voya Financial is going through a lot of change and experiencing turnover but they have a strategy which the follow and focus on Continuous Improvement.
Great employees but terrible management
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 7, 2019
Worked at the Braintree Ma location. This place is a joke. No room for advancement and managers have so much favoritism that it clearly shows. You put in so much hard work but it’s never acknowledged. Not One reward for hard work and overwhelming workloads.

Never no praises or even acknowledge you coming to work. Coworkers are great but they need better management and computers are always going down 🤨 so it makes it even harder for you to complete strict deadlines. IT is never around if any computer issues and managers expect you to know all the IT resolutions even though you work in Finance.

They expect you to work Saturday’s even though it’s not required but they look at you sideways if you don’t.
Too many employees wanting to play manager roles when it’s not required.

Heavily micromanaged

Cafe is very overpriced for horrible food. They definitely need food training/etiquette and upgrade.
Pros
Clean workspaces
Cons
Poor management
Fast pace, Customer service a must
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 5, 2019
Great place to work, however, there is no job security. As Regional Account Manager I wore several hats and had to multi-task on a daily basis. there wasn't a lot of pleasure, but you had to make sure the information you were providing to the field was accurate.
Hard to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 24, 2019
Training is minimal, was told it would be a 12 week training schedule. Was trained for 4 or 5 weeks then thrown on the phones. They just need a better system.
Customer Service Rep
OPERATIONAL CONSULTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2019
Great placed to work, management were good at coaching and I was moved up the latter quickly. Company ended up relocating team to Minot ND but staff was taken care of and provided severance.
Productive and very busy work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2019
This is a great company to work for and the workplace culture is very pleasant. Like most call centers this company is no different from others it is numbers driven but rewards its staff with either merit raises or quarterly bonuses.
Pros
Good place to work with great benefits
Cons
No Cons
Poor mangagement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2019
The company has employees who sleep together in order to gain advantages in positions. When it was brought to upper management to investigate, if you were a 'temp' you were informed that your services were no longer required. There is absolutely no room for growth in the company. It is a multi-billion dollar company, one that invests hard-working employees of multiple companies in 401(k)'s etc, however they did not care how hard you work, how many times you were to work on time and punctual, accurate in your work-no errors, they only cared about personal issues. The management needs to be updated, an investigation should be conducted and possibly undercover workers assigned to find out exactly what the relationships are between management and lower employees. If the company insists on continuing to hire 'temps', they should be willing to pay them the same amount as a regular employee considering the 'temp' usually does more work than a regular employee because they are trying to earn a regular position.
Pros
Cons
Management sleeping with employees
Terrible company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 2, 2019
Working at Voya is like working in a siloed box. The fact that EVERYTHING is outsourced should be a red flag. You want to speak to HR- be prepared to speak to an outsourced company that really can’t help you. If you have a problem with management guess who they refer you back to- your manager to speak to! I kid you not! Info Technology- outsourced. As large as they are and a Financial services company no less, they have one of the worst healthcare benefits offerings I have ever seen. Their technology is something out of 1985 (constantly offline). If you’re a client trying to get access to your money- good luck! Many high level managers have nothing more than an Associates degree, and they make business decisions that someone in Econ 101 would know better not to make. Constant turnover of business decisions is telling. When you implement something without having any business acumen is it surprising that the results aren’t good and you have to change the structure yet again?!? Bad decision after bad decision.
Pros
Nothing worth mentioning
Cons
Read on
Good place to work.
VMware VDI team Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 28, 2018
Generally a very good work environment. Well defined. Solid procedural practices, ITIL, optimization of most job tasks when possible. Moderate use of new technologies when appropriate.
Pros
New technology learning.
Cons
It is mainly contractors.
n/a
Customer Advocate Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2018
Don't waste yor time!!!! High turn over for reason! Good benefits processes suck! Salary not compatible to other companies! If you try them, get in then get out! Not a career based company! Shows favortism!
Great direct management and culture; poor communication from the top down
Sr. Life Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2018
Great place to work; lack of micromanagement, and direct management worked well with employees. Great culture, but communication from the top down was often very weak. Always waiting for the "other shoe to drop", which it inevitably did. A slow unwinding of the division while keeping employees in the dark. Also top management hindered the ability to get promoted...often times a "club-like" mentality. Our department was constantly reminded that we were definitely NOT part of "their" club.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture
Cons
Poor communication from upper management; lack of direction; club-like mentality from management
Great
Contractor/Sales Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
Just not much direct hire at Voya. Everything is temp for projects. Outside of that great work life balance. I would have loved to stay but did not have the opportunity to!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not much direct hire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voya Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss