Voya Financial Employee Reviews

Active and productive
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 14, 2018
Employees and management are friendly. Area was stressful due to company downsizing but employees were trying to stay positive.

Outside vendors were very cordial to work with and tried very hard to stay on time with their deliveries.

Whenever there was an overload of work or deliveries were late, there was always someone that was willing to step in to help. Employees were willing to help each other when needed.
Pros
This job was consistent. I enjoyed working with the people.
Cons
There were times, when management would be stressed because the work was seemingly behind but if possible, the work was always completed.
good company to work for
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Voya is a great company to work for. The benefit there is great, PTO is awesome, I had 28 days after being working there for 17 years. The 401K plan employer contribution match 6% employee salary
Pros
benefit
Cons
management communication is not great
My thoughts
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
If you are able to find clients to work with or your able to purchase a large book of business then you will enjoy this job. If your not able to find clients to work with it can be very difficult.
The company is trying to be more competitive
Manager, Accounting Operations (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 27, 2018
In my opinion, the company is striving to become leaner and faster at making and creating change and innovation. They need this in order to become more competitive in the financial services industry. Part of their strategy over the past several years included cost cutting measures (such as outsourcing and layoffs) that created significant burden on it's remaining employees.
Ever changing
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Good place to work but not enough compensation given for work expected. Needs to be more communication between management and employees................
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
Pay
Worst management at higher levels I've EVER seen
Service Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 17, 2018
DIRECTORS in call center are horrendous. Micro managers, focus on all of the wrong things, care NOTHING for employees, and will send you packing by any means necessary if they feel you're getting 'too good' at your job. They don't want anyone promoted, just keep them under their thumb. No one is open to new ideas or improvements... company only want robots to do as they say. Voya is horribly run from this perspective, and in need of updated and more efficient procedures and practices...but they will NOT listen.
Pros
Lower level employees - mostly good people who want to work hard
Cons
ALL of senior management, especially DIRECTORS.
Overall a good company to work for.
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 4, 2018
A typical day at work is fast-paced and demanding. It's challenging, but that provides an opportunity for building a bond with teammates, while sharing information and techniques for getting the work done efficiently.
awful
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 3, 2018
they failed to educate me on my responsibilities and then chastised me when i made a minor mistake , they do not care about their employees and were not very understanding of my diabetic condition . i would not recommend this based on this
Pros
close to home
Cons
no work life balance
Interesting place to work. The day is never boring!
Counsel (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2018
Multiple projects with varying due dates make the day pass quickly. Engaged employees at multiple levels make the work worthwhile and customer focused.
Pros
Charitable match and paid volunteer opportunities
Cons
Great company to work for.
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 13, 2018
Company pays well. Flexible working hours. Opportunities to move around within the organization for advancement. Lots of training and resources available to employees.
Good Company to Work For
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 2, 2018
All of the management team with whom I was involved were good communicators and treated me with respect. The flexible hours and company vehicle were a big plus. I did not have room for advancement in my role but I knew that going in so it was fine for me.The company has a great retirement plan with a 401K and a pension.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Health care was less than desirable
Great Work Life Balance/Slow on improvements
Director - Workforce Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
The people and benefits are great.

Operations is a little silo'd and data is hard to come by.

Technology is about 20 years behind the times from what I am used to.
Pros
Benefits/Work Life Balance
Cons
Technology/Data
Job
Regional Business Consultant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 30, 2018
Good place to work. Learned various task. I enjoyed working with the different areas of the business. I worked directly with management, clients, agents and brokers.
Great career opportunities
Senior Financial / Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 26, 2018
Great company to work for and centrally located in the state. The campus is new and a great working environment. They support a health work/ life balance.
Ok place to work with good benefits
Operations Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2018
Stressful and at times a toxic atmosphere (in my specific department). Some colleagues were great to work with others were less desired. Management doesn't always listen to their employees concerns (e.g. slow to incorporate changes). Some of management were great whereas other were not competent.
Pros
Benefits, Some Work From Home Flexibility, Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor working environment and company culture, lack of advancement and opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2018
They have good benefits.This includes generous PTO, 40 hours of volunteer time, Very good Wellness program. There is a very nice and wonderful workout room to use.
Co workers are the only highlight
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 16, 2018
Was a great place to work. Past 2-3 years everything has gone downhill. No job security. Management only cares about the stock price. You never know when they are going to lay you off for no known reason. Moving IT overseas. No life balance and constant stress.
Pros
Flexibility depending on your position, 401(k) match
Cons
No job security, no life balance, mediocre pay
Constantly Changing, Cutting Staff and Ousourcing
Busy Bee Worker (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 8, 2018
Not a supportive company to work for. Constant management changes result in lack of knowledge about current day to day process and procedures. Constant layoffs and terminations, at ALL levels. Company continues to shift to utilizing offshore resources and outsourcing. Favoritism and poor ethical management style behaviors are commonplace. Future job security=skeptical.
Pros
occasional work from home
Cons
too many to list
It is not the same company I started working for 17 years ago
I.T. Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2018
It is not the same company I started working for 17 years ago. In the beginning it was a great company to work for. Over time as the company name changed the work environment changed.
Get out!
Retirement & Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2018
Left Voya after 2 years and I am the happiest I've been in awhile. Management is horrible. They will lie and never have transcribed proof of what was said in conversation, if an issue was to happen of what occurred. The company does not follow rules for employees rights and cares about being fined by clients more than helping the client employees. You can have excellent service scores but if you're stats are not within goal, you are not recognize and questioned as to why your 10 minute call wasn't 6 minutes. Everyone also has access to all social security numbers of people in the system. So employees are pretty much on the honor system to not steal information. Terrible place to work or do business. The ones recognize don't follow security procedures and rush calls. Will promise you everything at hiring interview. Don't be surprised if they have a class action suit soon from their employees or a security breach.
Pros
Customers are nice. Co-workers
Cons
Management, transparent policies and work ethics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voya Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss